For those who've had pregnancies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NetherlandDwarf

Reaction score
braxton hicks contractions.... I have tried searching all over for an answer, i have read so many articles, and they all say pretty much the same thing "stomach tightens briefly" to sum it up. my question is does the whole belly that tightens up and feels really hard? or could just the lower abdominal have cramp like cramps?(lol if that makes any sense) this is my second pregnancy, but i never had to deal with braxton hicks contractions or the first labor pains or water breaking etc.. due to complications, So this is still all new to me. Advice would greatly be appreciated!!!!

I had back labor so my lower back and hip area is where I had actual pain and labor but during braxton hicks - I had tummy tightening - usually it starts from the sides inward. It can be lower, it can be upper and it can be more of an all over thing.

However, it sounds like maybe the baby is laying down there and running its feet across the tummy..... such a lovely feeling LOL!

I had those! Do they last like 5-10 seconds? If they do, that sounds like them. They aren't that bad, just a slight tighening and releasing, similar to real contractions, but way less, if that makes sense. I think I had them a couple/few times a day? They're just annoying really. If I recall correctly, it was the whole stomach, not just lower.:)

I also had premature labor and had the real ones for 23 hours. So, I would maybe call your doc tomorrow, just see how tonight goes.

Best of luck! Be tough, you can do it!:hug1

P.S. Oh dear, you haven't had real labor pains? Let me tell ya, they're way worse than the BH's, but the same. Just way more tighening is really all is was for me anyway.;) You'll be okay though!

My niece had 36 hours of labor last week! :shock:and a big baby boy!

Real labor is like having the worst cramps you've ever had times about 100 at first then times about 10,000 at the end.

All said and done..... you forget the bad stuff and enjoy the baby!

So odd that I was going to post a similar question..lol! I'm 37 weeks today and also have a cold... my BH feel like my menstrual cramps- but then again those can double me over in the middle of walking or whatever so maybe I'm just strange. Yesterday I started having contractions about every 30 minutes for almost 6 hours, they then went down to 15-20 minutes- I managed to go to bed (up every hour as usual) and this morning nothing to speak of as of yet...

Ready for this to be over with...

yeah so far its just the lower area, not horrible but uncomfortable... and they dont last for long, i dont think they effect the whole belly. i seem to notice them more in the evening. now when they say the whole belly hardens does it really harden? lol my belly already feels so hard! and when i get cramps or whatever honestly im afraid to touch the belly! lol im kind of freaked out about it, i know that sounds odd too lol

Dyemondrabbitry, it must be aweful having a cold when you are this far along. have you check with your doctor about your cramps? Do you know what your having and any names picked out?

I hope i dont have a big baby, the pain! :cry2

Yeah, the cold is getting better though- still the rest of this week and next before I'm off work so we're just toughing it out right now.

My husband has chosen the name "Jason William" (everybody gets William- lol). Do you know what you're having yet?

Hubby was pretty sure that the LO was gonna come last night- I'm betting he holds off until the 9th (my luck- it's a fullmoon and the 10th is mother's day). Guess I better get to packing that hospital bag! I got a duffle out last night then just threw it on the floor and laid back down..hah!

NetherlandDwarf wrote:
yeah so far its just the lower area, not horrible but uncomfortable... and they dont last for long, i dont think they effect the whole belly. i seem to notice them more in the evening. now when they say the whole belly hardens does it really harden? lol my belly already feels so hard! and when i get cramps or whatever honestly im afraid to touch the belly! lol im kind of freaked out about it, i know that sounds odd too lol
I have had contractions, or uterine irratability where it felt menstraul crampy, or just one part hardened up. You can touch your belly when you are having a contraction, nothing is going to happen,lol. I was able to notice the hardening more when i stood up, but of course contractions, braxton or not, hurt me more when i was standing.

Towards the end with Brayden i would get a contraction and i would know because i would all of a sudden feel the need to pee, like someone was squeezing my bladder, and then over the next few seconds i could poke at my belly and i would notice it getting harder and harder. Sometimes i would have mild ones where i couldnt really tell except for the bladder squeezing thing,lol

yes its like menstrual cramping that i have been getting here and there, but i swear i always have the urge to pee, there's times where i really get that sudden urge to pee and grab my lower abdominal area & run to the bathroom,and i have to go try and of course not much comes out, i dont like that feeling, so that would be a type of contraction too?

I am having a girl, well they are not fully sure. she wouldnt stay still long enough for them to be fully sure. i have never had such an active baby like this! every time i go in for a check up and when the docs touches the belly or even just puts the monitor to hear the heart beat on the belly, she doesn't stay still and starts throwing punches and kicks and goes from one side to the other. the docs always say 'wow you have such anpain in the buttbaby" i swear my belly gets bruised at times.

as for a name... well we pick one for a couple of months and then change it. we chose one, but recently im starting to rethink so we are still in the process of choosing a name lol another name... lol

I think menstrual cramping can be normal, i know i had it off and on, and alot more often at the end. The urge to pee could be a contraction but be careful it is not a UTI, are you having any other problems peeing?

If you think it could be contractions, if you are timing them and they are regular at all, try drinking some water and sitting or laying down for an hour and see if they stop, and of course any questions about it call your doc, that is why they get paid the big bucks. You need to send the baby to my house i need a little girl here, there is too many boys here for me,lol

ahh im 35 weeks today.. i dont know what i would do without those weekly pregnancy emails! I had my first daughter at 35 weeks, that was the longest i could hold her in and she was a little over 4 pounds. And im trying to keep this one in too! at least until may, i've always wanted a May baby :biggrin2:

no other troubles peeing and it's not regular contractions. I have read just the slightest dehydration can cause contractions... it seems like my drinking in never ending!

my next doc appt is the 5 of may and i hope it goes well and everything else is well. my last appt my blood pressure was really up & if its up any more i may be induced :cry2

Yup- Dehydration= contractions. Believe me, after the show in March I had a vomitting/nasties spell that dehydrated me and put me in the hospital overnight with fluids and all that good stuff.

I drink a couple liters of water a day here at work- don't really track it at night. More contractions today- damned back pain is literally a pain in the a**.

Luckily, I haven't had any blood pressure problems- I really hope that yours goes down!

I had those and they usually came when I wasn't drinking enough or had been doing too much. I had high blood pressure too but never bad enough for them to talk about inducing. I just tried to really take it easy more, drink more, etc. Fortunately, I work in a hospital so my doctor said to go ahead and keep working but to have my blood pressure checked twice a day and if it was high to come in to the office. I managed to make it till the end though. Good luck.

I had on and off contractions for the last five weeks of my pregnancy when i had my first girl. With my three boys before labour just started with not much warning and that was that. My last baby (also a girl) was similar but not as extreme.
Hope everything goes well with the birth.

I've had 4 babies. The last 2 babies, from about5 months on (in both pregnancies) I had braxton hicks. Very painful. Then on top of that, it felt like the baby was gonna fall out anytime. It felt like pressure in my bottom constantly. The doctor would check me and say everything is fine, but I was surprised I carried both babies full term. With the constant pressure in my bottom and the braxton hicks, It was hard to tell when I was in true labor cause I was always in pain. I felt like I was in labor for months. It wasn't fun. :cry2

But in the end, it was worth it :D

You can also have mild contractions in early labor/beginning of birth process...... like you might be dialating a bit and maybe beginning to efface.

Back