Food Diary

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok heres mine for today:
breakfast - small bowl of cheerios
lunch - 2 sandwiches with thin slices of pork luncheon meat, raisens and a apple
dinner - chicken and vegetable pie with mixed vegetables and then a had about a few mouthfuls of jam roly poly but I just couldn't stomach it.

Kirsty, what is jam roly poly?

It's noon here. I've been up for 6 hours. For breakfast I had two hard boiled eggs and some cottage cheese. I just now finished eating grapes, I meant to eat them sooner. I love grapes and was so happy that they were on sale this week :hearts: I also have a mozzarella cheese stick and will probably eat that in an hour or so. I'll probably eat lunch around 3:30, I have a small pastrami and mustard sandwich on that Sara Lee 45 calorie whole grain bread. I've never tried that bread so I hope it's good! I also have baby carrots.

One of the good things about being at school all day is that I have to pack food to bring and am not tempted by things like tortilla chips and cookies that Paul has at home.

today i feel was better.

breakfast

kashi cereal with 2% milk
1/2 banana (cut up in cereal)
Strawberry/banana light yogurt

Lunch

Lean cuisine spinach/artichoke/chicken panini

Snack
Yogurt

Dinner

Romaine lettuce, with chicken and mushrooms in it that were marinated and cooked in italian dressing (it was pretty yummy)

Plus i had a very small serving of leftovers from yesterday which was pasta,asparagus and chicken (i only had a very little bit because the salad with chicken was so filling,lol)

For a snack i will probably have 1/4 -1/2 cup of trail mix

I have to ask is this better then the other day? I feel like i have eaten ALOT so how could i possibly loose any weight? i know i did ALOT less snacking of crap then i usually do

I have to ask is this better then the other day? I feel like i have eaten ALOT so how could i possibly loose any weight? i know i did ALOT less snacking of crap then i usually do
You shouldn't be concerned about the quantity of foods but your calorie intake. You can eat way more low calorie foods like veggies, and whole grains, which will seem like big portions to fill you up but are lower in calories then other foods. You can eat a lot and be full all the time if you are choosing the right things.

I'd suggest you start using a calorie counting website to keep track of your calorie intake, that way you can see if you are on track to your daily calorie allowance. Amount of food eaten isn't always a good way to estimate. This one is a great one http://caloriecount.about.com/ Use it for a couple days just to see how close you are and give you an idea if you are on track.

Waaaaaaaay over did it today on son Ryan's birthday.

Oh well - tomorrow is another day. May it be one of healthier eating and no birthday cake!

Ok, let's see. Lunch out didn't happen, so today involved:
- Flax & Pumpkinseed Granola
- Coconut Milk Yogurt
- Banana
- Hemp Milk
- Grilled Veggie Burrito (gluten free)
- Mixed beans & purple kale (6 types of bean, yum)
- Orange
- Mixed Sprouts
- Vegetable black bean soup
- 2L water

The not so good part was two Peanut Butter Cookies; oops. My mom, in a blatant attempt to mess with my healthy eating, baked a huge batch of cookies today. She also bought potato sticks, which I nobly resisted, but fresh out of the oven home made cookies is just a bit much!

I might have some tempeh or something because I'm below my calorie needs for the day.

Dinner was a chicken breast in a tarragon sauce and a large salad

Working on another water now, so I'm up to 2 diet cokes and will be 36 oz of water

Today.....

Breakfast: Homemade yogurt with honey and Grape Nuts, most of a banana, half-caff coffee with Soy Delicious creamer.

Morning Snack: Carrots and a cheese stick.

Lunch: One cup of Mock Tuna Salad, whole wheat hamburger bun. I was craving salt like crazy, so I got a packet of chips from the machine. :( Didn't eat my apple. Not good. One caffeine-free Diet Coke.

Afternoon Snack: Almonds.

Dinner: Salad (2 large romaine leaves, one slice of red onion, two slices of tomato, 1 Tablespoon ranch dressing). Husband made curry with onion, potato, red pepper, tofu, curry paste, and coconut milk; had that with Jasmine rice. Glass of milk.

Also had two cups of tea in the morning, 20 oz of plain water in the afternoon.

After dinner, I was so tired I fell asleep for about an hour, I couldn't keep my eyes open. Haven't been sleeping well lately, so the nap felt really good. Now I'm drinking a cup of mint tea, and had some prunes.

Today I had

Breakfast/lunch
Ham sandwich( 2 thin slices of deli ham, 2 pieces of Rye bread, used Humus as the spread)
1 bowl of homemade chicken soup(mulitgrain noodles, chicken breast, and lots of carrots and celery)

Snack
6 multigrain triscuits, 2 slices of cheese and a pickle

Supper
salad( lettuce, cukes, tomato and some calorie wise dressing)
whole wheat couscous
1 slice of pork loin roast
Steamed broccoli and sauted mushrooms

Snack
coconut milk yogurt and some blueberries

I also drank 2liters of water, 1 coffee(black, 1 sugar) in the morning and 1 coke zero with supper.

Beth, what is mock tuna salad? I really like tuna, but limit myself to the equivalent of one can a week because of the mercury. This may sound weird, but I like to drain the water packed tuna and add lemon juice and pepper. Then eat it with a fork, or put it on some crackers. Yummy. Also Minda, the tarragon chicken sounds good!

This is what I had today:

Breakfast- 2 poached eggs and cottage cheese
Snack- grapes and string cheese
Lunch- pastrami and mustard sandwich (love!) on whole grain bread
Snack- baby carrots
Dinner- incredibly delicious roasted chicken breast with the skin removed. Also steamed red potatoes with a tiny bit of light margarine and tomato salad (tomatoes with a dash of sugar, salt, and balsamic vinegar)

I also had a Reese's Peanut Butter Heart between the afternoon snack and dinner. 170 calories. It was worth it! I drank lots of water, a diet Snapple peach tea, and a grape flavored Capri Sun Roaring Water pouch (they're sugar free, I keep them in the freezer then put one in my lunch bag to keep everything cold). According to my calculations, my calorie intake was 1180 today.

I missed this thread!:)
Hubby and I NEVER used to eat breakfast...just a tea or coffee and off we would go...part of our diet is waking up a half hour earlier and havin a small sit down breakfast each day!

So for today our meals are as follows: (I plan ahead so I am less likely to be in a rush and just grab something unhealthy...)

Breakfast:
-Tea for me, Coffee for hubby
-1 egg fried(not using oils or butter)
-1 piece of toast each
-1/2 cup of zero fat yogurt

Lunch:
-glass of water for each of us
-1 whole wheat tortilla for each
-2 slices of roasted chicken luncheon meat each
-2 tomato slices each
-1 cup of soup-beef noodle for each
-1/2 cup of zero fat yogurt for me, 1 snack pack of smart pop(popcorn) for hubby

Dinner:
-glass of water for me, can of diet gingerale for hubby
-3-4 cups of romaine lettuce each
-low fat Caesar dressing 1Tbsp each for our lettuce
-1 broiled chicken breast each
-1/2 cup sauteed bell peppers each
-1/2 cup zero fat yogurt for me for dessert, hubby gets choice of 2 cookies or yogurt or popcorn.

We decided we couldn't live with no junk foods...so we decided that every Saturday night we would alternate...one week he gets to pick what meal he wants and I get the next Saturday...usually he orders a pizza...I wanted a caramel apple fritter and tea from Tim Hortons last week...this Saturday is his again...I assume we will be having pizza--again! LOL:biggrin2:
So we eat healthy during the week and treat ourselves for a job well done on the weekend!
So far its worked out pretty good!

Danielle:)

Today has consisted of:
Breakfast - Small bowl of cheerios
Lunch - 2 sandwiches with luncheon meat slices, handful of nuts, apple and small milkshake
Dinner - Fish bake with carrots and brocolli
The only snack I had was 2 blocks of dark chocolate.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Beth, what is mock tuna salad? I really like tuna, but limit myself to the equivalent of one can a week because of the mercury. This may sound weird, but I like to drain the water packed tuna and add lemon juice and pepper.

Mock Tuna Salad is pretty much tuna salad, but instead of a can of tuna, just use one can of chickpeas. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, the roughly mash them with a fork. I leave them sort of chunky. They obviously don't taste exactly the same, but the texture is remarkably similar to tuna. I mix the mashed chickpeas with mayo, sweet relish, brown mustard, and green onions. You can mix it with whatever you'd put in tuna salad; I've seen some very elaborate recipes online.
Might not work so well with just lemon and pepper! (That actually sounds delicious to me!)

Beth, I'll have to try the garbanzo bean tuna. I'm not a huge fan of garbanzo beans (except in hummus, yum) because of the gritty texture, but if you say it's like tuna, I'll try it!

Today, so far what I have had is remarkably similar to yesterday. Breakfast was 2 heat and serve turkey Jimmy Dean sausage patties and cottage cheese, and I had string cheese and grapes for a snack 2 1/2 hours ago. Lunch is applesauce and a Lunchables pizza thing. Yes, that's embarrassing to admit, but I have a thing for tiny cold pizzas. I got the version without the candy or juice and I don't eat the pepperoni because I don't like it. The package has 270 calories, minus however much is in the pepperoni.

When I get home, I'll either have some baby carrots or cucumber wedges. Dinner is most likely going to be leftover stir fry and an egg roll.

Breakfast;
1 cup of Raisin Bran with 3/4 cup of milk.

Snack;
4 small m&m cookies

Lunch;
Whole Wheat wrap with 2 slices of turkey, 1 slice of mozzerella cheese, lettuce, tomato slice, 1 tbsp of mayo and 1/2 a tbsp of honey mustard and a water bottle.

Snack;
The tiny tiny boxes of raisins.

Dinner;
Hate to do it, but I wont be having dinner tonight, I am so NOT hungry and I have to clean rabbit cages.

I had two bottles of water today! That is good for me lol!

What I ate

Apple

Pasta

Ya thats it, didn't do so good today

Gosh, I should try to eat better! But it seems so depressing lol.

So far today, I've had leftover meat-loaf with a nice helping of corn and mashed potatoes. Then I had2 cheese and chicken enchiladas with rice, 3 cans ofsprite, and right now I'm eating some sugary-sweet chocolate chip granola (about a 5 oz bag) a Green Apple Jones soda, an iced caramel latte, and a smart water =]
How many calories is that? Lol.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Beth, I'll have to try the garbanzo bean tuna. I'm not a huge fan of garbanzo beans (except in hummus, yum) because of the gritty texture, but if you say it's like tuna, I'll try it! .

If you don't like garbanzos, you might not like the mock tuna. In mine, I can never taste much besides the condiments, but I don't think I've had gritty garbanzos. Sometimes a generic brand will be mushy and taste a bit like the can, so I try to get the name brands or cook up dried.

Okay, all done for the day. We just finished dinner even though it's 1:30 in the morning. Is it good or bad that I eat breakfast at 6:30 in the morning and have dinner 19 hours later? It sure means my food intake is spread out all day!

This is what I had today:

-2 turkey sausage patties (they're small) and cottage cheese
-grapes and string cheese
-a small Lunchables pizza and no sugar apple sauce
-cucumber slices and a small amount of low fat blue cheese dressing
-a Reese's peanut butter heart. Again! They're all gone now though so I won't be having one tomorrow. Also had a tiny chocolate chip cookie
-leftover stir fry without rice and 1 1/2 baked shrimp egg rolls
-a bottle of diet Lipton's iced green tea and lots of water

Is it really okay to drink diet (no calorie) drinks like diet soda, diet iced tea, and Crystal Light? I read that even though they don't have calories, your body reacts and gains weight as if they do. Is that true? I really dislike carbonated diet drinks, like diet sodas and those bubbly flavored waters. The carbonation seems to highlight the fake sugar taste. I don't mind sugar free sweet drinks that aren't carbonated though.

Latest posts

Back