Food Diary

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12:30pm I ate some bread roll with chicken and cheese at school for lunch

5:00pm Small bowl of potatoes and carrots

9:00pm A burger bun with cheese

I drank apple juice and diet coke

Hmmmm....My eat more and healthier and drink more water isn't really working out.

dinner tonight: sushi with lots of spicy wasabi

I'm on my second water. I've only had 2 Diet Cokes today which is REALLY good for me.

I bought nutty things at the supermarket today. Tomorrow with my low fat, low cholesterol bean soup, I will be having some sliced red peppers with hummus and red peppers. I bought 99% fat free yogurt so I'm still getting my calcium. I bought more fiber plus bars and fresh cucumbers to slice up for lunch. I bought blueberries and raspberries because they're supposed to be good to lower my cholesterol as well. It was a fun trip. :D

*nods*

A diet really isn't about dramatic calorie cuts and starving yourself. This is actually counterproductive; for one, eating significantly less than your daily caloric needs slows your metabolism. Additionally, if you "starve" you body, the compulsion to pig out - typically on "commodities" like fat, sugar, etc. - becomes much stronger because biologically, your body doesn't know you live in western society with an ample food supply. It says "Oh no, we're starving!" and kicks your instincts into high gear!

The most successful diets include a moderate decrease in calories - the problem is usually too many calories for one's ideal weight and exercise habits, not weight gain on the ammount of calories one needs, so even going slightly below how much you should be eating for your ideal body weight is normally sufficient. It also beehooves the dieter to have healthier more balanced sources of calories, and moderate exercise. Really, a diet should be a lifestyle change, not a "lose weight quick" starvation scheme.

*hops off of soap box and back on topic*

Ok, so since I realized that I was accidentally eating way too few calories, probably resulting in my sluggish metabolism and weekly drive to pig out, I had a cup of hemp milk, millet/flax bread with spinach, and 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds for a snack. Tonight I'm having a big salad and veggie soup, which should get me up around the 1400 cal I need to lose weight in a healthy way (I'm reallyshort and petiteso my normal caloric needs are below an average sized woman's).

BTW, a fun way to figure out about how many calories you should be getting is to multiply your desired or target body weight by 14-28 (your calories per pound per day). For weight loss, especially if you are mostly sedentary and NOT hitting the gyms with gusto, go for about 14. If you're getting a good four hours of exercise a week, 20 is a decent bet. And so fourth.

Valarie i went to the supermarket and got some celery, and some fruit so that i have t hings to eat during the day,lol.
My goal is to change what i eat and how much, i will not go for seconds , i will watch what i am eating and try to eat better.

My day went as follows

Breakfast
yogurt

snack
banana

lunch
English muffin with a lil jelly

snack
carrot sticks

Dinner
Pasta with chicken and asparagus (yummy it was good)

I was going to go for seconds but decided to put the rest away for tommorrow for lunch!!

later i will have a 1/4 of the trail mix i have.

Fran, I still don't think that's enough! By my calculations, it's about 800 calories. Maybe 1000 with the trail mix.

I should make some hummus tonight. I love hummus! Hummus with carrot sticks and cucumber sounds really good. I'm hungry but I need to finish my homework before I can go have my lunch.

well i never was a breakfast eater to begin with i usually only ate lunch then dinner, so going on that is what i ate enough?

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
Valarie i went to the supermarket and got some celery, and some fruit so that i have t hings to eat during the day,lol.
My goal is to change what i eat and how much, i will not go for seconds , i will watch what i am eating and try to eat better.

My day went as follows

Breakfast
yogurt

snack
banana

lunch
English muffin with a lil jelly

snack
carrot sticks

Dinner
Pasta with chicken and asparagus (yummy it was good)

I was going to go for seconds but decided to put the rest away for tommorrow for lunch!!

later i will have a 1/4 of the trail mix i have.
That really isn't very much food and is pretty low in your daily calories. You should be eating 7-8 servings of veggies and fruit,6-7 servings of whole grains, 2 servings of protein and 2 servings of dairy(based on the food guide for a adult female). So you need to up your veggies/fruit intake and maybe some more whole grains.

I don't usually eat breakfast and tend to eat 2 big meals and 2 snacks but here is an example of what I usually eat.

Early lunch/ my breakfast
A sandwch: 2 slices multigrain bread, lettuce, 2 slices ham or turkey, low calorie mirable whip(mayo)
A bowl(2 cups) of vegetable soup(full of veggies, beans, barley)
Or sometimes I just have leftovers from the day before's supper

Snack
Veggies and hummus or a whole wheat pita and some humus, or some fruit w/ peanut butter or yogurt with berries

Supper
A salad or some cut up veggies with low calorie salad dressing
Brown rice pilaf(brown rice cooked in broth w/ onions, celery, sometimes mushrooms or red peppers)
a chicken breast or other meat
Sauted or steamed veggies(sometimes I mixed them right into the rice pilaf)

Snack
A piece of fruit with some cheese, or low fat crackers and cheese

You should try to eat a few things from each food group at each meal. Eating your veggies/fruit throughout the day will help you stay full. A balanced healthy diet is quite filling and is a LOT of food. If you are eating the right amounts of veggies and whole grains you will feel full. Its the processed/refined foods that make you hungry after eating them, as they are higher in calories for smaller portion sizes and the "white" carbs don't keep you full.

Oh gosh, I am not even good at keeping a private food diary that no one else sees! I'll be good about it for a few days, then I will eat something I don't want to own up to, and I'll stop keeping the diary. LOL.

I know that I eat too many calories to lose weight. I would probably be ok if I were to get some exercise in, but my anxiety and insomnia usually leave me with no energy, ever.
On the odd week I sleep more, I tend to be less hungry and actually lose a bit of weight, but put it back on again when I stop sleeping again. I've only been getting 5-6 hours of low-quality sleep per night for at least a month now. :(
My blood sugar runs on the low side, and it's been quite bad in the last couple weeks, so cutting out snacks really isn't an option for me. I do try to keep my snacks healthy. I've always had blood sugar issues, but it's getting worse recently.

Here's my day today:

Breakfast: 1/2 cup homemade plain yogurt, with 1 tablespoon honey and 1/4 cup of Grape Nuts cereal mixed in; 1 banana, minus the 4 slices I give to the bunnies. One cup of half-caff coffee with 2 tablespoons Soy Delicious coconut milk creamer.

Morning Snack: Carrot sticks, about 2 medium carrots. (I cut the sticks, and fill a 6-oz rectangular container. When I was using baby carrots, one 1-lb package was five days worth of carrots.) One low-fat mozzarella cheese stick.

Lunch: One medium apple. One cup of Basmati rice and 1 cup of Indian-spiced cauliflower, leftover from last night's dinner. (I made it myself, it was just one cauliflower, a can of diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup peas, 4tsp oil, and about 1/4 cup of mixed spices. This made around 6 servings, so the fat was minimal.) Plus a tablespoon of plain Greek-style yogurt. One can of Caffeine-free Diet Coke.

Afternoon Snack: One serving of raw almonds. I think the package said 24 almonds, I counted them out into my container.

Dinner: A Morningstar Farms Griller (veggie burger), on a small whole-wheat bun. Dressed with sliced tomato, red onion, red-leaf lettuce, sliced pickle, and ketchup. Served with store-brand frozen steak fries, one serving according to the package, with ketchup. One 8-oz glass of milk.

I will probably have a bite-sized Peppermint Patty or Milky Way in an hour or so.

Beverages: In the morning, I had two large cups of regular black tea, plain. In the afternoon I had two large cups of plain water. (I took my Sigg bottle home to wash on Friday, and forgot to take it back to work today. I usually drink 2 20-oz bottles of plain water in the afternoon.

Wow, that's a whole lot of food.

BethM wrote:
I'll be good about it for a few days, then I will eat something I don't want to own up to, and I'll stop keeping the diary. LOL.
I think we definitely have to have a no judgment policy on the food diary thread. :D No one will be judged for having an "off" day!!!!

I know that I eat too many calories to lose weight. I would probably be ok if I were to get some exercise in, but my anxiety and insomnia usually leave me with no energy, ever.

I have bad insomnia and anxiety too and I'm always super tired and exhausted. Since I started exercising my sleeping has gotten better and so has my anxiety. When I first started exercising I felt even more exhausted and tired but after a few weeks I started to feel much better and have much more energy. After a while longer my sleeping started to improve too, just make sure you aren't exercising too close to bed time. Exercising has also helped my anxiety. When I start feeling anxious or panicky I go on the treadmill and expend the energy that way. Its better then sitting there having a panic attack, lol. Its definitely helped a lot.

So it might be worth trying exercise to help you too. Honestly it does suck the first week or so but stick with it and you'll start feeling better.

Elf Mommy wrote:
BethM wrote:
I'll be good about it for a few days, then I will eat something I don't want to own up to, and I'll stop keeping the diary. LOL.
I think we definitely have to have a no judgment policy on the food diary thread. :D No one will be judged for having an "off" day!!!!
I'm not even worried about anyone judging me, I judge myself so harshly I don't even worry about others! :p

degrassi wrote:
I have bad insomnia and anxiety too and I'm always super tired and exhausted. Since I started exercising my sleeping has gotten better and so has my anxiety. When I first started exercising I felt even more exhausted and tired but after a few weeks I started to feel much better and have much more energy. After a while longer my sleeping started to improve too, just make sure you aren't exercising too close to bed time. Exercising has also helped my anxiety. When I start feeling anxious or panicky I go on the treadmill and expend the energy that way. Its better then sitting there having a panic attack, lol. Its definitely helped a lot.

So it might be worth trying exercise to help you too. Honestly it does suck the first week or so but stick with it and you'll start feeling better.
Winter is bad for me, I am hoping to start walking when it gets warmer out. I crave sun and warmth. I really can't deal with cold and dark.

I have Wii Fit, and was really good about using it for awhile, but haven't done it in a looooong time. I got the Wii Fit Plus game, on sale around Thanksgiving, but it's still in the plastic wrap. :baghead

Okay. Done eating for the day! I had:

Breakfast- light kiwi-lime yogurt and a no sugar added pomegranate apple sauce cup

Snack- True Delights Dark Chocolate Raspberry Almond granola bar (I like the Honey Roasted Cashew Mixed Berry ones better, yum)

Lunch- Campbell's tomato soup made with water and a tropical fruit cup

Snack- pretzel sticks. I accidentally dropped the bag on the floor and they went everywhere so I didn't get to eat very many.

Dinner- broccoli tofu stir fry in an apple-ginger sauce with brown rice and baked shrimp and cabbage egg roll (leftovers from last night)

I also had 1 small bite of Paul's cake and a Reese's Peanut Butter Heart. They're the size of regular PB cups but shaped like hearts. They're so good, my mom sent them for Valentine's Day. I don't feel too bad about eating it... Total caloric intake for the day is about 1400. Not great, not horrible.

ok my goal today is to eat more calories because apparently i wasnt eating enough,lol,so hopefully i wont be as hungry today as i was yesterday,lol.

So far for breakfast i had my slimshot, or as i have lovingly call them my Barf shot in a lil bit of 2% milk, Kashi cereal with half a banana, and a light strawberry and banana yogurt.

Started off my day with my Diet Coke (still nursing it). I had a Yoplait 99% Fat Free yogurt with blueberries. I also ate a Fiber Plus bar.

Yesterday wound up being:
- Coconut milk yogurt (mango flavored)
- Banana
- Beans n' Greens (northern white beans and broccoli raab)
- Hemp Milk
- Rice and Beans (adzuki beans, lentils, black rice, purple rice)
- Steamed Curly Kale
- Salad (spinach, sprouts, mixed veggies, and chick peas)
- Leftover Vegetable & Black Bean Soup (home made; we basically take all of the veggie scraps that are losing their freshness at the end of the week, put them in a soup, and add beans)
- Raspberries
- Orange
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Spinach Pie (basically, a millet/flax/rice flatbread filled with sauteed spinach)

Looks like a lot but it fell within the desired calorie intake range I'm shooting for. Woohoo!

Just got started with today. Had a bit of flax and pumpkinseed granola, unflavored coconut milk yogurt, a banana, and a glass of hemp milk. My mom wants to go out to get Indian Food for lunch, so I'll probably be sticking to lentilsoup or something as most indian food uses a fair ammount of oil. Later I'll be having a nice big salad, mixed beans with steamed purple kale, and probably some more fruit for snacks. If I have any calorie room left over, I reckon I'll have some almonds.

oh fun! i want to join.

although maybe i should honestly start tomorrow as i am being totally self-indulgent and having sliced strawberries in 2% milk with a drizzle of organic honey and 3 blueberry doughnut holes. . . glazed. lol

but if that is as bad as i eat today, then it really isn't to terrible.

here is what i am planning/packing for food for the rest of the day:

lunch- mixed green salad with a grilled chicken breast, walnuts, more sliced strawberries, and a light sprinkle of feta cheese (no dressing, i like salads 'dry').

afternoon snack- 1/4 cup unsalted soy nuts (i LOVE these things), a handful of carrot stick, and a handful of broccoli florets.

dinner- morningstar blackbean burger served on small whole wheat roll w/ tomato, lettuce, red onion, slice of cheddar cheese and a *little* mayo. and a cup of homemade chicken noodle soup.

after dinner snack- a handful of natural apple chips, and an organic low fat vanilla yogurt.

gosh, it seems like a lot of food when i write it all out. my biggest thing right now is portion control. i am not eating huge servings of anything. i have also switched to eating with a smaller plate instead of a large plate when at home, that way i can load the small plate up, so it looks like a lot of food, but still have healthy portions.

Lunch: Seafood salad on whole wheat pita, raw carrots, water with tea mix. Still working on finishing the water.

Yesterday I walked for 5 minutes while the students were at recess. Today I walked for 10 minutes.

Latest posts

Back