Flynn, the little red bunny.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buying a cheap rug is a good idea too. I've done this for under Max's cage to protect our flooring/carpet. Big Lots sell cheap big rugs for about $20. Eventually Max completely lost interest in carpet, but yeah, he was a little carpet destructo before then, hence the kithen relocation, lol.

Hmmm.
Well, hopefully Flynn loses interest someday, too! :p
I wish I could move Flynn out of my room (the entire first floor has wooden floors so he could have a LOT of room to roam once bunnyproofed), but since I have 3 housemates, he has to stay in my bedroom.
You're so lucky to have freedom to put Max where you want him!

Seriously if I didn't live halfway around the world from you I would be stalking your house then sneaking in and getting that Flynn! He's so freaking adorable and yummy, I love rex's but I havn't seen one less the 5hrs each way from me:(. Those pictures are fantastic by the way, I love the window licking one;)

Yeah, I am :):?. Maybe you could convince your housemates to let you use a baby gate in one of the rooms with wood flooring sometimes. It's actually a lot of fun having a bunny hanging out with you in the kitchen while you cook, do dishes, eat, etc. They love interacting with everyone. I'm really really glad my bf doesn't mind all the bunny messiness, some would mind a lot :).

Max has had his unusual locations at times when he was staying at a friend's or my mom's house while we were out of town. Once even in a spare bathroom, lol. :)

More Flynn pictures!
I don't know if it has to do with the weather, the new cage, or just reaching sexual maturity, but Flynn is suddenly much calmer and affectionate. While he never had time for pets before, he will now smoosh down in a pancake into the carpet and stay that way as long as I want to pet him. He also doesn't struggle much if I want to lift him and carry him somewhere, such as to visit a housemate or to play on the bed, etc.
He's also content to nap/lounge in his cage now, even when I'm sitting nearby and the cage doors are open. (he NEVER would have done that before!)
What a good boy. :)
100_3123.jpg

Let me out?

100_3127.jpg

Where are we going now?

100_3138.jpg

Oh, the couch.

100_3136.jpg

Not now, mom. No more pictures. I have to adjust this blanket just how I like it. It's mine now.

100_3146.jpg

Perfect. :)

100_3139.jpg

That's right... keep petting me all day.

100_3149.jpg

Forced to snuggle with my mom. [sigh]

100_3148.jpg

100_3132.jpg

Who is this strange person holding me? (My housemate, Michelle)- shows how small he is. Fully grown and less than 3lbs!

100_3095.jpg

Back where I belong again. And content to stretch out and relax, even though the door is open.

100_3127.jpg

Oh no, his man-bits are on show! :p

He is such a cutie! And loooookit those feeeets. :biggrin2:
Can't wait until you get your new little girl. Any closer to thinking of a name or are you going to wait until you meet her to finalise?

delusional wrote:
Oh no, his man-bits are on show! :p

He is such a cutie! And loooookit those feeeets. :biggrin2:
Can't wait until you get your new little girl. Any closer to thinking of a name or are you going to wait until you meet her to finalise?

Those man-bits are getting snipped hopefully within the week.
I absolutely can NOT wait until the new girl comes home. I keep looking at her cage, all set up above Flynn's, and wishing she were IN THERE already :p
I'm still surfing around for names/trying to make up my mind. I think it's just one of those things where I won't know until I meet her. Although I did find a new one that I like, Zuri, it means beautiful in swahili :) Flynn and Zuri sounds nice together.

Awwwwww!! These pictures are SO adorable, omg! Flynn really is such a handsome devil, I don't know how your new girl bunny will manage resisting his charms :biggrin2:.

I really like Zuri, that's a great name and so unsual too.

awww! he's gotten so big(well, kinda....)!

names for the girl, i like Madeline, Zuri, Olivia, Liesl and i think Skye/Skylar/Skyler would be cute too and sound great with Flynn:cool:
ETA: check out this web site, it's a great resource:biggrin2:

I've been terribly sick :( So this blog has been a bit neglected.
Flynn goes to see Dr.Bennett on Monday for a check-up and to set his neuter date. Also, Zuri (finally decided on a name) comes home on TUESDAY. :D Her cage is all set up and waiting, I can't wait to pick her up!

Flynn has been working on his disapproving look:

100_3176.jpg

I disapprove of these mismatched socks on my doorstep.

100_3177.jpg

Excuse me? I'm TRYING to sleep.

100_3189.jpg

Don't zoom that in. I mean it.

100_3194.jpg

Doh! Why can't you listen??

100_3152.jpg

And a sweet picture for the heck of it :inlove:
Don't let his tough face fool you, he's been a real lovebug lately. I hope that doesn't change after his neuter.

Zuri is a really cute name - it suits her! :)

I demand pictures of her cage! Your cages are always so bright and colourful.. I take inspiration from them. :p

I'm actually at the library right now waiting for my shift to start.
But I'll be sure to take some tonight.
Her cage is really quite boring, unfortunately :( And small. It was the largest plastic-bottomed cage I could order online, at 40"x24". (sigh). But it will only be until she is littertrained, then I hope to either build her a NIC on top of Flynn's or (hopefully) bond them after Flynn's neuter has healed.

Jess_sully wrote:
I'm actually at the library right now waiting for my shift to start.
But I'll be sure to take some tonight.
Her cage is really quite boring, unfortunately :(

You'd better or I should beon your watch list of possible Bun Snatchers:run:.

100_3177.jpg

Snatch!:yahoo:

AND...

I'm a Model, pose...:p

100_3152.jpg

Done snatched!:sofa:

JadeIcing wrote:
How long till the princess gets home?
We are picking Zuri up tomorrow afternoon :biggrin2:
It takes 1 1/2 hours to get there, but I only have two hours after my last class tomorrow before our arranged meeting time, so I hope the roads aren't too rough. We had our first real snow of the year today!
Zuri's cage is on top of Flynn's NIC, because I don't want him to be able to harass her through the cage bars when he's out of his condo.It makes a big shadow over his loft, and he has seemed rather irked about it, so I decided ot let him explore her cage. Well, I had completely forgotten about these peppermint dog bones that came as a free sample with some of Zuri's supplies (ordered online at PetSmart). He was quick to find them and LOVED it.
Strange? I had to snap a few pictures!

100_3199.jpg

Delicious.

100_3202.jpg

I'll take that!

100_3203.jpg

What? No more? Give it back!

100_3218.jpg

100_3222.jpg

100_3223.jpg

Flynn's face when my boyfriend, Eric, walked into my room. They have a love/hate relationship. Both aren't too sure about eachother...

100_3229.jpg

100_3230.jpg

:D But Flynn does like to torment Eric by jumping on and off his lap without allowing time for pets. Eric solved that problem by using the bone. I swear, he would eat it all day!
(Since I'm not sure how healthy these are for rabbits, we took it away before he could eat very much)

Zuri is here!
:biggrin2:
Eight weeks old today, and already more laid-back than Flynn. Such a little doll. There are more pictures from her first day home (yesterday) on the main forum.
100_3292.jpg

Relaxing in her cage, using her blanket as a pillow.

100_3288.jpg

A disgruntled Zuri, snapped to attention by the camera's flash.

100_3280.jpg

Decided to let Zuri out to run for awhile in my room. She was full of baby bunny binkies and very well behaved. Flynn, on the other hand, refused to take his eyes off her.

100_3282.jpg

Saying hello. Flynn was actually very calm and even presented his forehead for grooming :)

100_3286.jpg

I desperately need to clean Zuri's feet and bottom- both are stained yellow and caked with dried poo. I just don't want to stress her out!

Back