Flynn, the little red bunny.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My breeder did that too after awhile, I think they get tired of talking to over-excited-soon-to-be-pet owners :) They're probably more interested in emailing other breeders/showers. However, Jenni (my breeder) was VERY nice and eager to show us around, tell us info, etc once we actually met her.
Well, I hope the ball starts rolling on Bailey soon... even if he were just born, it's better than nothing!

he looks really happy. that's the way it was with Jamie too. i thought he'd be shier than he is. and at first if he was put of his cage mom wanted him on a blanket, so i had to try to keep him on that:p. any way, i'm glad Flynn is settling in good:biggrin2:

A much needed update!
Flynn is doing very well. We've moved to Grand Rapids and I've been back in college, which is why I have been avoiding this forum (I tend to get addicted and neglect my homework/studying).
He still has impeccable litter box habits, and he now has a larger dog crate because I decided his old cage was too small. Although, it might have been a pointless purchase- since he's been behaving so well during his 2-4 hours out each day, I'm going to gradually start letting him out while I'm away at classes. As long as all goes well, he won't have to be shut in his cage at all except at night.
He'll be five months old on November 1st, and he's going to be neutered within a few weeks so that I can get a little girl bunny to eventually bond with him :) Most likely, it will be another mini rex to avoid allergy problems (my housemate, stepmom, and stepbrothers have rabbit allergies but haven't reacted at all to Flynn).
I haven't posted in so long that I don't even know which photos to post, so I'll post some of my favorites. But, you can always check his blog http://littleredbunny.blogspot.com/ or his flickr set http://flickr.com/photos/littleredbunny/sets/72157606317684212/.
Here are my favorites.
100_2576.jpg

100_2434.jpg

100_2426.jpg

100_2442.jpg

100_2361.jpg

100_2703.jpg

100_2686.jpg

100_2687.jpg

100_2775-1.jpg

100_2740.jpg

I don't know how you can sleep at night keeping himin suchterrible conditions!;) I think he better come live with me! Grand Rapids is only a few hours away...

He looks like he is enjoying the good life, what a handsome bun.

Flynn is, hands down, one of the most ADORABLE bunnies I have ever seen. I think he should come to NC for a visit.....a nice LONG visit :p

Oh my... He's gorgeous :shock: I love his tail :faint:

He is the most handsome rex bun I have ever seen :inlove:!

Pllleeeeaaassee don't stop being addicted to RO, I wanna see more of this stunning little man :bunnyheart.

PERFECT!

Thankyou for all the compliments... I think they are getting to Flynn's head :) And no, unfortunately... he will not be going anywhere anytime soon! Should I start locking my doors at night? :)
Flynn has been allowed free roam of my bedroom for two days successfully now... and I know, that's not much, but hey-- it's a good start!

100_2918.jpg

Well hello there rabbit in the window, let me lick you :D

100_2911.jpg

Gotta get between the toes!

100_2925.jpg

Who said these are just for dogs?

100_2922.jpg

This is MY toy. Back off.

I called our local humane society to see if they do low-cost neutering on rabbits, I know all of their adoptable rabbits are neutered, so I'm crossing my fingers. Otherwise, the cheapest I've found is $160. :( Which I can pay for, but that's a pretty penny for a college student!
The new cage for Flynn's soon-to-be girly-friend shipped today, along with more toys and litterboxes and whatnot.

Woohoo! There's our favourite little red man :yes:.

The picture of him licking the window is beaitiful, you take wonderful pictures, what sort of camera do you have? If I tried to take a picture like that the motion would make the bun all blury.

I just can't get over how good looking this bunny is, I normally go for the snubby nosed chubby lop buns, or delicate little nethies, but he's making me really want a mini rex BADLY.

ACK! $160 for a neuter? That would be over $200 here in NZ, yikes! Neuters here are normally NZ$90 or thereabouts. I hope you can find a better pricing.

Michelle

I think perhaps you need to add a mini rex to your herd... [nudge-nudge]. One more won't really make a difference! :biggrin2:
and thanks :) I use a Kodak EasyShare something or other, but for some reason it only takes good pictures of Flynn... I don't use it for anything else. I have a Sony Cybershot for all of my regular picture taking, so there are like 400 pictures of Flynn on the Kodak memory card and nothing else.
Speaking of delicate little buns... I do believe I'm getting a polish, to eventually bond with Flynn! Don't hold me to that though... I'm terrible at big decisions, and this one is big because it will be my last bunny for.... at least a couple years. Two is all I'm allowed :( And, technically, my landlady hasn't even agreed to a second- but we all decided that she won't know the difference, since she hasn't even seen Flynn yet. In fact, I doubt she'll ever go in my room, unless there's a specific reason.

100_2951.jpg

A very disgruntled Flynn on his back in my lap
100_2966.jpg

Flynn being held by one of my housemates, Stephanie. (She's surprisingly good at catching him offguard- literally mid-hop! He always seems to know what's coming if I try to pick him up, but not her.
I've been working with Flynn on handling, and he's slowly but surely coming around. Don't get me wrong--he still loathes being picked up. However, once you actually get him up in a secure position, he tolerates it. Of course, he doesn't enjoy it, but oh well. We're making some progress.
He has recently picked up the annoying habit of pulling the carpet out in front of his cage. I always find a bunch of little carpet threads strewn about and catch him in the act loads of times. My temporary solution? Stretching out a manly pink towel in front of his cage, so he can't reach the carpet. He doesn't seem to want to carpet-pull anywhere else, so we'll see how this works. The towel actually looks kind of nice- like a doormat or something :D
100_2985.jpg

Flynn's manly new doormat.

100_2979.jpg

For some reason, Flynn doesn't know how to jump up on things. He never has. So instead, he begs pathetically by my bed to be helped up. Usually, when I'm studying, if I look down I can expect to find this pathetic little face looking up at me.

100_2962.jpg

He has claimed this sock as "his". He originally stole it out of my laundry hamper while snooping in the closet (he always wants to go in there, have to make sure the door is shut at all times!). Now, he drags it around with him to whatever new napping spot he finds- which, at the moment, seems to be under my dresser.

Jess_sully wrote:
100_2962.jpg

He has claimed this sock as "his". He originally stole it out of my laundry hamper while snooping in the closet (he always wants to go in there, have to make sure the door is shut at all times!). Now, he drags it around with him to whatever new napping spot he finds- which, at the moment, seems to be under my dresser.
That is adorable! I can't wait until I am older and can have a house rabbit! Flynn is such a gorgeous boy!! He is so spoiled too! Must have more pics!!!

Must have pics...:?

MUST HAVE FLYNN!!!!:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

(Seriously, not even joking... best name for a little boy bunny ever!)

Should I start locking my doors at night? :)

Oh yes...be afwaid...be vewy afwaid...:p

Flynn has to be one of the most gorgeous bunnies I've seen, ever. He's an absolute beauty! I've always had a soft spot for rexes and their huge, doe-like eyes, but Flynn is top of the list! (LOL...and his name reminds me of the neighbors who lived across the street from us when I was growing up...the Flynns.)

He is certainly growing up fast too...what a big boy he's becoming!

:inlove:

This has to be one of the best pictures I have ever seen! He looks so happy surrounded by all his toys!

Jess_sully wrote:

:shock2:HOW ON EARTH DID I MISS THIS?!?!?! Wait..... I know...... you got him during county fair!

You probably think I'm so mean! With how much I love mini-rex and I have never posted here!

He's simply spectacular! I want to just grab him up and kiss his little nose and then snort his fur! What a dollbaby!

I can't stand it!

Where do you live? :devil

Latest posts

Back