Flynn, the little red bunny.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess_sully

Reaction score
flynn.png

LINKS:
Blog
Flickr Photo Set

After years of waiting and anticipating getting another bunny...
HE'S FINALLY HERE!
First of all, a bit of general info:

Name: Flynn
Meaning: "the redhaired son" (Gaelic/Irish)
Breed: Mini Rex
Color: Red
Born: June 1st, 2008 at Two Rivers Rabbitry (Mt.Pleasant)
Gotcha-Day: July 21st, 2008

We took a couple of wrong turns and it ended up being a very, very long trip to the breeder's house. When we got there, she brought out a bunch of different babies and young adults that were for sale, one at a time, onto the show table. She'd take one out, let us interact with it, put it back, get another... and so on.
There were SO MANY to choose from... harlequin's and tri's, blues, blacks, whites, opals, castors, reds... I was tempted to sway from my original choice: RED, but when it came down to it, that was what I had my heart set on, and we'd already been referring to him as 'Flynn' for a couple weeks. And what good is it getting a bunny named Flynn if it wasn't red?
She had two red brothers for sale, both 7 weeks old. First she took out a larger, regular-sized one, and he ran all over the table and was cute in an awkward way. When she carried out the smaller one, the runt, I knew he was the one. He stayed perfectly posed for ten whole minutes after she put him on the table, and when I held him, he snuggled right up under my chin and started licking my neck.
:inlove:
And so, we paid for him, put him in his carrier, looked at a lot of her senior bunnies for the heck of it (they were more than happy to take out their grand champions and explain what judges look for in minirex), and then went home.

100_2099.jpg

His first picture, taken in the car before we even left the breeder's house.

100_2101.jpg

At first we had him in his carrier, but he kept getting bounced around and sliding, so I decided to try holding him in my lap. He sat quietly for most of the ride, and even slept a little :)

100_2132.jpg

He started exploring his cage right away...

100_2114.jpg

Nibbling on a toy...

100_2116.jpg

He tossed it right after I took the picture :)

100_2131.jpg

Smelling his hippo, which accompanied him in his carrier

100_2129.jpg

He is quite infatuated with his bed.

100_2134.jpg

He even might have disapproved of it a little

100_2139.jpg

Wasting no time in giving me the bunny butt.

100_2123.jpg

He struggles a little when first being lifted, but once he's in your arms/hands/lap, he melts like butter :)

100_2124.jpg

Snuggling with my friend Timothy.

Flynn is absolutely gorgeous! OMG! He is perfect. And adorable. And perfect!

Congratulations on your new addition. I can't wait to see more of him in the future! That is, of course, if I don't bunny-nap him first!

He is so handsome! I love his name and omg he is just adorable! I want! look how spoiled he is! I bet he loves his new home a ton!! Congrats on Flynn!

Alexah wrote:
Congratulations on your new addition. I can't wait to see more of him in the future! That is, of course, if I don't bunny-nap him first!
You mean if I don't bunny-nap him first! I'm closer!;)

Congratulations on your bunny, heis a beautiful boy! Wonderful color too! I have one mini-rex a blue and I just love the velvet texture of their fur.

Thanks, everyone!
And to you bunnynappers...
I think Flynn would alert us all before you even got close ;) He seems to enjoy ringing his bell(s) wildly whenever he sees something that alerts/excites/scares him.

I can't wait to get to know him more.
It's been FOREVER since we've had a baby bunny... and I think they should be renamed POOP-MACHINES.

HA. :) Good one. Seriously, though... we had him out on the couch for about an hour with an oversized puppy pad protecting half of it, and he pooed AT LEAST fifty times.
Between constantly stopping him from climbing up the back or digging in the corner and catching scattered poos, we had our hands full.
He has a lot of character- he pushes at our hands/arms/feet/whatever with is nose if he thinks we're in his way, and he already demands pets :)
Big difference from the still, shy little guy at the breeder's and on the way home! He hardly moved for three whole hours in my lap, except once to pee on me
:foreheadsmack:
He does cuddle up quite calmly against my chest when I hold him, though.

Thankyou for all of the compliments :)

A few new things happened to Flynn today. He got a new litterbox, he met my little stepbrothers and brother, and he experienced the great outdoors for the very first time. He took it all in stride, really... I was surprised at his curiosity and by how brave he was.

100_2176.jpg

Looking a little apprehensive in his carrier, before all of the excitement.

100_2162.jpg

Very alert and curious in the grass. All of the outside pictures were taken AFTER he ran around for a good hour. He was all tuckered out and it was much easier to get any decent shots of him.

100_2165.jpg

My boy's pretty face.

100_2154.jpg

Snuggling up to my little brother, Matthew (11).

100_2155.jpg

100_2167.jpg

Being a momma's boy. :)

100_2183.jpg

Showing off his new litterbox. He had been peeing right next to his other, smaller one, so we decided to get him a new one. This one has been a huge success so far- he hasn't peed anywhere else in the cage besides in the box. Pretty good for a 7-week-old :p

Flynn is so adorable, and he looks so sweet too! Lovely job on decorating the cage, it's so cute and colorful! Great bunny blog!! :biggrin2:

aww, he's so cute and he looks looks really soft! i can't wait to hear more about him. and see more piccies............*hint hint hint*

Thankyou :)
AngelnSnuffy: yes, his coloring changes a lot. depending on natural lighting and the flash settings on my camera. He's awfully light for a red, but I'm thinking that his color will change when he loses his baby fur.

I realized today that his nails are pretty long, maybe this is just because his fur is so short. I don't think the breeder ever clipped them. Perhaps I'll do that soon. I'd rather wait awhile, so I don't have to torment him so soon after getting him, though.

Flynn is absolutely adorable. :hearts:

I think most bunnies get darker colouring as they become adults - certainly the experience I've had with all the baby rabbits I've had.

As for the nails, I've not had a breeder clip them before the baby came to live with us - we've always clipped them shortly after they arrive. I guess because they're babies and their nails aren't too long really while they're young (but boy are they like little needles! :p)

I'm glad to hear that, and I sure HOPE his color gets darker... everyone keeps seeing him for the first time and saying, "he's not red!"
But I assure you, he IS red, lol.
I suppose I'll have to clip those nails soon...

Latest posts

Back