Fluffball's Possible Pregnancy Diary

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow it's going to be expensive your going to have to buy at least two more cages! Hope you know what your getting into!

It just seems to me you had everything planned out andyou said you wanted a litter, and you don't seem stressed out, sorry if I'm wrong.

Even thugh you have an extra cage, you still need another one, one for dippy, one for fluffball, one for benji and one or when your weaning the babies.

when the babies are too old to be drinking off heir mammy but little too young to be rehomed and need to b separated from her, so you need a cage for that too.

I suggest you do a lot more research on what is involved with raising baby rabbits- If you don't know about weaning. :)

yes we are helping by telling you to do research before you breed your rabbits, or before deciding to raise the ''accident'' litter.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to get you to see sense and how hard and how much of a responsibiliy this is going to be.

Okay, so here is what I know so far,

Give her the nest box on the 11th or 12th

Make sure she gets enough food to satisfy herself and the babies

Weigh her every week to see if she will give any hints of being preggers

After about 10-12 days palpate her (maybe) but I need to research that first.

When she does give birth:
Make sure they have "ping pong" bellies, if not make sure they get fed somehow even if I have to bottle feed them.
When they are old enough to be off mummas milk seperate them from her - though do I put them in a seperate cage? And leave them?
Becuase the double one Fluffball's in now can be made into single by putting the divider down the middle, the divider is made from wood and chicken wire, so they will still be able to touch each other, though then they may be able to feed from her still ???/....

you seem to know a bit, are you keeping track on a calender? Keep researching sites and stuff too. It might be possible that she isn't pregnant anyway since she isn't that young and they weren't together for long.

Back