Explosions in London today ..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can only say thank you .. all of you ..

Ken Livingstone coulnt have put it any better ..

"This was a cowardly attack, which has resulted in injury and loss oflife. Our thoughts are with everyone who has been injured, or lostloved ones. I want to thank the emergency services for the way theyhave responded.

Following the al-Qaeda attacks on September 11th in America weconducted a series of exercises in London in order to be prepared forjust such an attack. One of the exercises undertaken by the government,my office and the emergency and security services was based on thepossibility of multiple explosions on the transport system during theFriday rush hour. The plan that came out of that exercise is beingexecuted today, with remarkable efficiency and courage, and I praisethose staff who are involved.

I'd like to thank Londoners for the calm way in which they haveresponded to this cowardly attack and echo the advice of theMetropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair - do everything possibleto assist the police and take the advice of the police about gettinghome today.

I have no doubt whatsoever that this is a terrorist attack. We did hopein the first few minutes after hearing about the events on theUnderground that it might simply be a maintenance tragedy. That was notthe case. I have been able to stay in touch through the very excellentcommunications that were established for the eventuality that I mightbe out of the city at the time of a terrorist attack and they haveworked with remarkable effectiveness. I will be in continual contactuntil I am back in London.

I want to say one thing specifically to the world today. This was not aterrorist attack against the mighty and the powerful. It was not aimedat Presidents or Prime Ministers. It was aimed at ordinary,working-class Londoners, black and white, Muslim and Christian, Hinduand Jew, young and old. It was an indiscriminate attempt to slaughter,irrespective of any considerations for age, for class, for religion, orwhatever.

That isn't an ideology, it isn't even a perverted faith - it is just anindiscriminate attempt at mass murder and we know what the objectiveis. They seek to divide Londoners. They seek to turn Londoners againsteach other. I said yesterday to the International Olympic Committee,that the city of London is the greatest in the world, because everybodylives side by side in harmony. Londoners will not be divided by thiscowardly attack. They will stand together in solidarity alongside thosewho have been injured and those who have been bereaved and that is whyI'm proud to be the mayor of that city.

Finally, I wish to speak directly to those who came to London today to take life.

I know that you personally do not fear giving up your own life in orderto take others - that is why you are so dangerous. But I know you fearthat you may fail in your long-term objective to destroy our freesociety and I can show you why you will fail.

In the days that follow look at our airports, look at our sea ports andlook at our railway stations and, even after your cowardly attack, youwill see that people from the rest of Britain, people from around theworld will arrive in London to become Londoners and to fulfil theirdreams and achieve their potential.

They choose to come to London, as so many have come before because theycome to be free, they come to live the life they choose, they come tobe able to be themselves. They flee you because you tell them how theyshould live. They don't want that and nothing you do, however many ofus you kill, will stop that flight to our city where freedom is strongand where people can live in harmony with one another. Whatever you do,however many you kill, you will fail."

My thoughts are also with the people of Londonand with everyone that is affected by this...You are in my thoughts.:pink iris:It is an awful thing to happen, all those innocent liveslost...

Clare

I can't believe it's happening again so soon.

I'm so sorry. :England: :pray: :England:

To our friends in England, you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

:purplepansy:

-Carolyn

Oh my gosh! I just saw the news. I can't believe there have been more. Best wishes to our members in England.

i cant believe this ****....!!! I hopeBlair goes out guns blazing taking care of this situation....this stuffreally disgusts me......My heart goes out to anyone in that area oranyne that friends or family there.

I just heard. I am so disgusted withthis whole "You don't think the way I do so I'm going to blow you up"mentality! Prayers going out to you folks in London.

Wasn't there only one person hurt, and he wasone of the bombers because he had a bomb in his backpackandit went off? well if that's true- what goes around comesaround!

I cannot believe this has happened again.

I'm so angry. There is enough troubles in the world for idiots like this to try and disrupt London again.

Did they not get the message the first time !!!!!!

We've had to deal with IRA bombings for 30 years, do they really thinkthat this will stop the UK. Its nothing we haven't dealt withbefore and we will continue to do so, until these idiots, get throughtheir tiny brains that they cannot disprut the daily life of theBritish people.

Sorry for the rant, but this makes me soooooo angry.

:growl:

I can't believe this has happen. I first thought I was just looking at old posts.

OMG....what is the matter with these low-lifes? Too bad we can't beamthem all up to an asteroid in space.... AND NUKE IT!!! Theylive in our countries and take advantage of what we have to offer andthen blow us up. Can you say; "BRAINWASHED IDIOTS"???

...rant over.

Prayers and good thoughts go out to all affected by this.

I am so disappointed in humanity! Howcan people do this to each other? It makes me verysad. There is so much good in this world, so many goodpeople... why do a few lunatics think they have the right to do thesethings?

My heart goes out to the people in the United Kingdom, and my prayersfollow. Something has to be done to stop the fringes ofcertain societies from trying to control us... actually, I like JimD'ssuggstion! (Do nuclear bombs work in space???)

Comfort and hugs to everyone over there.

Latest update is there were 4 bombs but that they failed to ignite although the detonators went off.

Thankfully noone was seriously injured.

Police hoping that there is enough dna and fingerprints on the bombs toidentifyany suspects. If so they might get a leadon the bombings two weeks ago.

ND

You all have my heart felt condolancesand prayers. I hope they are able to find the people responsible. I amso relieved that no one was injured in the latest attacks.

:USA::pray::rose::England:

Tina

Back