Emmy's Harness

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmy-webby

Reaction score
Well, as I stated before inmy recent posts..I bought Emmy her harness on Monday. Today I tried itagain, hoping she'll cooperate with me to put the harness on. Well,happily she did! She didn't move an inch when I started putting on theharness! :dude:

Well, anyways, Ibring her downstairs to the family room so she could hop around thehouse with her harness on. I made a few adjustments and let her takeoff. After I let her take off..I went upstairs to the bathroom knowingthat Trina & my mom was watching Emmy. Well, I come out thedoor and I hear Trina yelling " She's taking off the harness!" I rundownstairs and there goes Emmy trying to bite the harness off! Theharness is about half way off! I ran towards Emmy and carefultook out the buckels and the harness.

What should I do to preventEmmy from taking off her harness? I'm stuck once again withEmmy-problems! :?

54352_41395.jpg

I'm not sure if you could see it or not..but thisis EXACTLY the kind of harness I bought Emmy at Petsmart! But..imreally concerned that its small for her because her neck fur issticking out and its a bit awkward :?

Hi Emmy-Webby,

(Why'd ya change your name?)

Are you sure you have it adjusted properly? You have to be reallycareful of her struggling to get out of it because she could reallyhurt herself.

Trust your instincts. If you feel that something's up with the necksize, trust that. If you can't adjust it and have her hop aroundwithout getting into a battle with it, then I'd really think abouttrying a different style harness.

:?

Keep us posted.

-Carolyn

You should be able to fit one finger snuggly between her and the harness, if you can't, then its too small.

My harness has a bell on it so I can hear whereever my buns are :p

I have the same problem with my harness it is theexact same kind to. She ended up out of it and since I took of to gether sister out of the couch and stopped watching her she ate 2 largeholes in it. Those bunnies are killing me.

I got to try the fingerthing! lol. The size we bought right now is Large..and it seems likewhenever Emmy wears it..it seems umcomfortable! I got to look up onthat.

Hehe..sorry ya'll for changing my nameagain. I couldn't get into my other one! It was driving me nuts.:p

UPDATES:

I tried thefinger idea..andit snuggly fit inside her harness! The only problem thing that'sbothering me is the fact that every time I put the harness on her..itseems like shes not comfortable in it! I really dreads me!

Every-time I put the neck peice on from theharness...her neck fur sticks out and it seems like it really doesn'tfit her! I measure her waist and her neck and it actually did fit herbecause there's a measurement on the back of the harness package. Ijust need help getting advice for it. Help?

Emmy-webby wrote:
UPDATES:

I tried thefinger idea..andit snuggly fit inside her harness! The only problem thing that'sbothering me is the fact that every time I put the harness on her..itseems like shes not comfortable in it! I really dreads me!

Every-time I put the neck peice on from theharness...her neck fur sticks out and it seems like it really doesn'tfit her! I measure her waist and her neck and it actually did fit herbecause there's a measurement on the back of the harness package. Ijust need help getting advice for it. Help?
Her neck fur is probably going to stick out a bit..... it just depends on how it's doing it.

Also, they don't love their harnesses at first..... They hate them!Ever put a collar on a kitten or puppy for the first time? :shock:

Hmmm. My friend'scat put a color of her cat, and he hated it so much! But I reallythought that it looked so cute on him. :)

When Katy and I tried to put the harnesson last night, it went ok. She doesn't mind letting Katy put on herharnes... but she nipps me whenever I try to put it on. :pIguess Katy is more patient. Usually when I'm having trouble, Katy isthe expert. ^_^.

Her neck fur is probably going to stick out a bit..... it just depends on how it's doing it.

Also, they don't love their harnesses at first..... They hate them!Ever put a collar on a kitten or puppy for the first time?:shock:

Yes... I do agree with Katy that the fursticks out there and so, but at least it fits her! Later on in theSpring... I can't wait until Katy and I go aruond our neighborhood towalk Emmy. ^__^

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Ever put a collar on a kitten or puppy for the first time? :shock:
We had a cat that would go completely limp when we put her harness. It was so pitiful.

Oh, yes, I had one who did that as well!LOL! They seem to have "died" and cannot move because of thisterrible thing "mom or dad" has placed upon their body!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Oh, yes, I had one who did that as well! LOL! Theyseem to have "died" and cannot move because of this terrible thing "momor dad" has placed upon their body!
Exactly. The look on her face...oh my.

We're all goin..."Oh no, we broke the kitty"

LOL! I ended up not using a dailycollar over that exact problem. I have a harness for Tankjust to take him outside now and then. He's so skittish tho,he does the "creep down low so nobody can see me" walk if we take himout. LOL

I bought my little one the exact same harness.She hated it. It would not stay on her aswell. I ended up just takingit back and getting her something else... Goodluck!

I gave up :) Benji didn't like it at all, theresa picture of what he wore when he was a wee bun! The first one was fromwhen we first got him (wee bun! look at him now!) and the colorful onewhen was he wasabout 3months! he didnt like thesecond one becuase it was not comphy. Oh well. Now i put a small dogharness on him (like the red one but larger!)

I love mah buns-- that isexactly the harness we have that you posted up with the picture!:pLoL. I'm going to try the harness thing again in theafternoon. hehe. lets just see how that one goes out. If Ican, I'll try posting pictures up of Emmy with her new harness. lol.Thanks for the advie (=

love, katy

We noticed that MAYBE the harness that we boughtEmmy the first time was alttile too tight on her. So we bought her thenext size up (X-large :shock:) to see if it was more comfy on her.

We put her on a table so that it wuld be easier for us to put theharness on. It went fantastic while we were putting it on her. Wewaited for a couple of mins. of what she was going to do..nothinghappened and we were gald that she liked..at least we thought we did :?

So, we put her on the kitchen floor and let her hop around so that shecan be more adjusted to her harness. Well...she started hopping to thedirection of our dining room table..and there she was..TEARING THEHARNESS OFF! You shuld've seen Emmy biting and pulling at her harnesswhile it was still on there. By the time I took it off..there was atear! Now I can't return it. GahHh..i just give up. No trips to the petstore with Emmy..i guess?:(

Apollo was too big for the 'Stretchy Stroller'.You may want to consider going with a completely different type ofharness. Apollo's first harness was a large size cat harness. Now Ifound one that Apollo and I both lke better. It's called aroman harness and it's for cats. I had to get the large of course lol.Here's a pic of him in a figure 8 harness.

Chillin.jpg

Here is a pic of him in his new Roman harness.

Sitting.jpg

I also gave plenty of treats the first few times I put it on him. Iused healthy treats that way I could give him more. He soon associatedthe harness with good things. Now he sees his harness and he's ready togo. I hope that helps.

Good Luck!

Tina

Aww. You have such a beautiful bun Tina. :) Itseems like Apollo love the harness. I guess I ought to vist petsmartsoon!I really hope that Emmy gets used to the harness. :( Ijust wish that she isnt soo stubborn and grumpy most of the time. :X

Latest posts

Back