Emma

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabby

Reaction score
That terrible day came today when I had to decide what was best For Emma...

3 years ago we lazered off a polyp out of her rectum. The vet said, generally

where there is one there is more. And to watch for any changes. Emma has

always loved to eat, always bee a lil chunky, She'd slim down but always

put the weight back on..

over the past week I have watched her appetite decline, to the point of

yesterday and today she wouldn't eat anything except oats, vanilla

animalcrackers and papaya tablets. She was loosing weight and feeling

boney, he coat was not looking as good as it always did, and last night she

started breathing a little heavier. Not to the point of major distress, but

noticable.

I told her last night we would decide today. I spoiled her with everything she is

not supose to eat, or eat much of. And today we made that trip. She was

nervous for the vet but I held her sucurely in my arms, and she passed over the rainbow bridge.

Emma was a castor color rex, 8.5 yrs old. She always made me think of a lil deer,

she had gorgeous eyes that could just make youmelt. THe vet could feel her tumor, which startedin her intestines and spreed, into her lungs and everywhere.

Her best friend Aurora a black mini lop, crossed the bridge in 2002, and I like

to think they are enjoying being back together again frolicinging in that lovely

green grass.

she will be greatly missed. She was one of the last 3 buns who moved 300

miles with me.

Angel has been a wonderful love to her mummy tonight i was laying on the

floor and she pushed her body agaist me and laiddown. I moved to look at something and she pushed herselfcloser, she even put her face so close to

mine had and fur in my mouth,,, she is such a good mummy's girl..

below, Emma drinking from the dog's water bucket, and Emma with Violet

emma&waterbucket.jpg

em%20&%20vio1.jpg

I'm sorry. Emma sounded likea great and beautiful bunny with a great personality. Good thing shefound herbestfriend at the bridge.

So sorry, Gabby! If anyone understandsthe concept of the Rainbow Bridge, I know it is you. I alsoknow Emma got the best out of life a rabbit could expect, havingsomeone like you to care for her so lovingly and for so long.

Well done, Mom! We'll all catch up with her and her friends,someday.

Buck

Gabby, I am so sorry about Emma, she was abeautiful girl. She lived to a good age and you gave her (like you giveall your bunnies) a happy and loved life. She and Aurora will bebinkying together at the Bridge. - Jan

Oh Gabby :( You know how I love her! She was a big sized Bo. I am so very sorry.

A vet that used to take care of my cats told me that when it becomes"more pain than pleasure, it's time to let them go." You didthe right thing in not allowing her to linger in agony.

Oh Gabby...

I'm so very sorry. You gave her a great life. She'll be waiting for you on The Other Side.

My sincere sympathies go out to you. I know how hard you workto provide the best and longest lives for all of your charges. I justreceived your email late last night as I've been on the go.I'm so sorry I didn't get back to yousooner.

You made the right decision. She's so grateful to you forblessing for giving her a life of comfort and love. My heartgoes out to you. I know how difficult it is.

Much Love,

-Carolyn

Gabby,

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I know it is not easy andit really sucks to lose a beloved pet at this time of the yearespecially. You gave her a great life and loved her, and sheknew that-you're a great bunny mommy!!

Jen

extreamly dear and touching sympathies,they go straight to my heart strings and get me very choked up.... Emmawas very good bubbies with Promise, and I am sad to say I don't think Iever got any pictures of them together....I do have some lovelymemories though..... thank you all

mambo101 wrote:
Carolyn, I hope it's OK to post this, If not I apologize.

It was a lovely thing to post, mambo101. We're all extremelygrateful for your caring and thoughtfulness during our Dear Friend,Gabby's heartache over losing one of her family members.

Thank you for being so kind - that goes out to everyone who's expressedconcern for Gabby and others that are in pain over losing a loved one.

Gabby,

Know that we understand, appreciate, and love you for giving Emma andthe other animals in your care such a wonderful life.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Gabby,
Know that we understand, appreciate, and love you for giving Emma andthe other animals in your care such a wonderful life.

-Carolyn
i just wish she had gotten to see the new house and the bunnyplay room....She would have loved it. But I don't think she will missall the people coming to look at our house...I will immortalize hersomewhere, be it painting or photo in the house...

Hello Gabby,

I'm so sorry. It's a tough decision to make and I'm sure you made the right one. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jim

Im very sorry to hear the sad news,My oldest himibuck[Leroy] just passed away thats why i wasnt on here yesterday i wasjust too sad.he died in his sleep i never saw it coming he was not sickor anything.bluebird

Back