Ella and Murphy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, just saw your questions!

All bunnies are different when it comes to showing dominance. When I helped Julia (iluvmybuns) bond her bunnies we just put them in together and they were fine right away. Some chase eachother/demand to be groomed/nip. It just depends. As long as theyre not fighting, youre ok. Some bunnies will groom right away, others wont groom at all for a while.

When I was bonding Basil and Max I did one hour sessions at least 3-4 times per week. If youre bored you can do more than one a day.

And when I rub their butts I just kind of massage it/scratch it. I guess slowly? lol

I think just take it day by day. You know them best. ;)Good luck!

Thanks everyone, well last night it happen Murphy started grooming Ella:p. It was only through the cage though, but that's a start I guess. We are taking the day off from bonding sessions to let everyone have a rest and I think we are going to try some new places (not sure where though places are yet but we will figure something out) Thanks again everyone, we'll keep you guys posted.

-Jay

Arghhhhh! I can't believe I don't have my camera! We are at my moms cause it was way to hot at my house today ( High 80s with the air conditioner on!) and Murphy starts grooming Ella likes she is made of craisins! I can believe my luck, jeez. Depending on the weather tommorrow, we will probalbly do another bonding session, will hopefuly have pics then.

Just a little update on the bonding and some pics.
We took them to my moms again because we had such great results the last time (and my mom was making dinner :highfive:)

2007_0715003.jpg

2007_0715001.jpg

2007_0715004.jpg

2007_0715007.jpg

2007_0715006.jpg

Murphy is grooming Ella regularly now, and Ella has stopped nipping him as much to get his attention. All in all I think it's going well.

Wow, looks great! How are they doing on the home turf? Looks like theyre best buddies at your moms!

If theyre fighting at home, maybe consider staying at your moms (or leaving them) for a weekend and then bringing them home together?

There OK at home, they still cuddle through the cages and get along great when we do the meetings but it probably wouldn't hurt staying there the weekend with them though, thanks for the advice Haley.

Sounds like the bonding is going really well (I'm jealous!). They look like they're made for each other :bunnieskissSO adorable!

Thanks eveyone,
Thier mom pick up little signs for there cages so that they would know who's cage is who's. I laughed cause it made me think of Winnie the Poo and his Mr. Sanders sign above his door.

Lil' Ella Bunnies
2007_0708008.jpg

Murphy McRabbit, esq
2007_0708007.jpg

Oh boy those signs are so cute! Your nephew is a little sad that he didn't get one but that's okay;) Hehe very cute!

Had some pics of my new bun (heehee) to post.
I went out to my truck the other night only to find this little guy in my garden.

2007_0716006.jpg

2007_0716011.jpg

2007_0716015.jpg

2007_0716012.jpg

I think he is living in the branches of three evergreens I cut down a couple weeks ago. I'm going to have to bring them to the dump someday but I don't want to disturb this guys home, anyone have any ideas for things I can do to make a replacement home for him.

Ella and Murphy Are getting along great just waiting for Ella to start grooming Murph and I think they'll be bonded. My mom is taking my brother and sister to school next month for about a week so I think we are going to go stay there for a couple days and hopefully that will do the trick.
I'll be sure to keep everyone updated.

Cute! I have one of those "extra rabbits" as well. See Haley, mine isn't unusually slender, they all look like that!

Ella and Murphy are such a beautiful couple! I'm glad the bonding is going well.

Very cute. So glad things are going well.

Wow, it's been a really long time since we posted anything here! My old laptop's plug broke and we could not find a new one anywhere:grumpy:, but we now have a brand new computer.

Oh and can't forget, today is...

ELLA'S GOTCHA DAY!!!!!! :party:

Here are some Xmaspics of the Gotcha girl and lil'Murphy.

2007034.jpg

2007016.jpg

2007008.jpg

2007002.jpg

Our lil' Christmas present.

Back