Ella and Murphy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow, they are going to be such an adorable couple. Sounds like it should be an easy bond if they cuddled on their very first date. :)

They are lucky bunnies to have found such an awesome forever home. :D

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all of the compliments...the buns are still blushing!! :bunnydance:

Thanks Dawn for adding Murphy to our blog title, he's much happier now!!!lol:bunnydance:

Don't have a clue how I missed this blog;). Can I just say that you have two very adorable rabbits. I love Ella's coloring, that gray on her nose isnice. Great pics too, by the way. I'll be keeping an eye on this:D.

We're still waiting for Ella to finish up her medicine before we start the official bonding but here's a few pics of how cute they were being today...We got up at 9am and Ella had her turn out first...

Both buns decided they were ready for breakfast(hay)
2007_0625001.jpg

p.s. the nic pannels to Ella's right aren't a cage they are just blocking off some chords.

So as you can see I decided I would start taking tons of pics because I thought they were being so cute eating together. Both Ella and Murphy got annoyed and this is what happened:
2007_0625002.jpg

Then I repositioned to get another pic...lol]

2007_0625009.jpg

Then Ells FLOPPED right next to Murphy

2007_0625012.jpg

Then Murphy got full and FLOPPED too!!!
2007_0625018.jpg

It was a great day! I didn't take anymore pics...but they stayed like that for about an hour and then repeated the same pattern later in the day:) Ella did end up sticking her nose too much in Murphy's cage which bugged him so she got a little nip....I moved her back right away:?....I hope they'll be best friends soon!;)

Thanks,he's as sweet as he looks in that picture too!:bunnydance: Last night my sister stop in to see him for the first time and he was just like a little rag doll in my arms. He is a great counterbalance personality wise to Ella the commanding princess of the house!!!

Today was bonding session #1, and think it went great. There was no grooming, but there was alot of cuddling, grooming of themselves, Murphy certainly didn't lose his appetite, and bunny flop, lots of bunny flops!

2007_0703004.jpg

These were taken after a double bunny flop!
2007_0703005.jpg

2007_0703007.jpg

2007_0703008.jpg

Wow, looks like the first bonding session went well!

These two are so cute together, they look like they were meant to be! Adorable :)

We just had another bonding session...I wimped out(which I know is BAD:() because Ella started nipping at Murphy. I think she just wants attention and is really trying to get him to groom her. So we decided well go for another car ride before we go in the room again later today and that I have to remain calm...and maybe even put some banana on Ella's head to encourage Murphy to groom her? What do you guys think?

Ashley

Alittle bit of nipping is ok, thats normal. Chasing is normal too as long as its not fighting and grunting. They will have some dominance issues to work out at first.

One thing I do to encourage one to groom the other is rub ones butt while his head is near the other. So ifMurphy and Ella are facing one another you can try rubbingMurphy's butt, which might encourage him to lick her.

Ive put a tiny amt ofpeanut butter on one bunny's head before and that worked. a little banana (or pumpkin or baby food) would probably work as well.

Keep usposted!

We just finshed a bonding session:). First we went for a 20 minute car ride, when we came back they both pretty much ignored each other in the spare room. Ella kind of lunged to nip Murphy as he ran by, but didn't chase him. We still think it's an attention thing. We pet them seperately for a while then pushed them together. They both seemed very relaxed and Ella was falling asleep pushing herself into Murphy. After about 20minutes of cuddling we deicded Jay was going to pick Ella up and bring her to her cage....well she pushed herself down further into Murphy:biggrin2:....so we gave them 5 more minutes of cuddling then ended the session.

I just have a few questions:

1. Neither one of them has tried to show dominance by humping the other....we've had 4 sessions in the last 2 days is this normal?

2.How many times a day should we have their meetings and for how long?

Thanks in advance everyone:D

I forgot to say thanks Binkies for the complement and thanks Haley for all the great advice! We tried the bananna and the rubbing so far but the buns were never in great positions to start grooming...so maybe that's why it didn't work yet. I was just wondering Haley when we rub their bums should it be like a fast or slow rub?

How's the bonding going? Any new news? Sorry i don't really have an answer to your questions, i'm sure someone else will:) Keep us posted;)

Back