Easter Card Swap

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
At the end of last year, we did a holiday card swap and it was so much fun! About 12 people participated and we loved getting holiday cards (usually featuring bun buns!) in the mail. The previous card swap was so nice that I decided to organize another. Easter is coming up on Sunday, April 8 and Easter is all about bunnies, so it seems like a natural holiday choice!

Here's what you need to do if you want to participate in the Easter Card Swap:

1) PM me your name and address by Saturday, March 10. Please make sure there aren't any typos in your address so your cards don't end up in Antarctica.

2) Buy or make Easter/bunny cards to send out. Just keep in mind that not everyone on the forum celebrates holidays the same as you, so please don't be offended if you receive a card that doesn't mesh with your religious views, and maybe think twice before sending out overtly religious cards.

3) Mail out the cards! We have forum members from all over the world so please be prepared to mail cards to foreign countries. This shouldn't be very expensive at all. You just need to take the card(s) down to the post office and they'll tell you how much postage you need.

Now for a few rules:

1) Please send cards to everyone on the list. Don't pick and choose because that could lead to people feeling left out and that is the opposite of what we want.

2) Please try to send your cards out by Friday, March 23 to be sure everyone receives their cards before Easter.

3) You will end up with the addresses of participating forum members. Do not use these addresses to mail anything else without permission or harass them or anything. Similarly, if you do choose to participate in the Easter Card Swap, please keep in mind that you're sharing your address with people who are essentially strangers. Do not sign up if you aren't comfortable with this.

I will send out the addresses on Sunday, March 11, the day after the last day to sign up. If we get a lot of participants (say, over 15) I will split the list into more than one group so that we aren't all stuck mailing out 40 cards. All the participants in each group will be responsible for mailing cards to everyone in their own group. If anyone wants to send cards to every single person though just let me know and I'll send you all the addresses! Just be aware that you won't receive cards from every single person if you do this, only the people in the group you were assigned to.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or post here in the thread! And have fun! :group:

Yay! I'm in again:biggrin:
That was so much fun, let me know if I need to re-send my address:biggrin:

I'm sorry I missed valentines day, I got the cutest sticker card from Brandy :biggrin:

April, still have your address! You're the very first one on the list :) Well, other than me.

I still have your address, Amy! Just put you down on the list :)

I think I'm going to try making my own cards! They won't be impressive, but it will be fun for me :)

I'm in! I just took Easter themed photos yesterday.

I hope no one was offended by the valentine's cards, I just thought they were cute :)

Is it possible when you send out the list to include their screen name, perhaps in parentheses? It makes it easier to match up their buns. I like to address the cards on the inside to the rabbits.

Good idea, Brandy! I just added usernames to the address list, and added you to it also :)

I looked at the timing and I'm very glad to be doing this. I'm having surgery on March 28, so the cards will be a perfect way to feel better :)

I was just thinking this morning as I was playing with Becky, I don't know how I ever lived with out a rabbit in my home. They are pure joy.

Bump to the top in case anyone else wants to be in:biggrin:

Just did a photo shoot today for my cards. Boy that's a challenge, but lots of laughs!

April, aren't photo shoots fun? Some of my bunnies will stay in place if they have food, others only if they're being petted. I try to take photos when Paul is home so he can be the petter :D

SnowyShiloh wrote:
April, aren't photo shoots fun? Some of my bunnies will stay in place if they have food, others only if they're being petted. I try to take photos when Paul is home so he can be the petter :D

Oh yes! At first we used craisins for Humma, and pellets for Faith (she doesn't care much for craisins). Then we realized that they stay in place for quite a few seconds if we use Timothy seed heads. They make good lures into the sets too! Craisins just make Humma frantic! But with the seed heads I am able to scoot butts into position and rotate bodies a bit while they munch happily.

And it definitely takes 2 people. Steve in position ready to take the shot, while I'm feeding and posing, and fixing knocked over props :biggrin:

145 pics to get 2 good ones! Thank goodness pics are digital now or that would be a ton of film!!!

Just joined in the Easter Card Swap for the first time.

Hear, hear on digital cameras. Bunnies definitely make you work to get the right pics. But it's truly worth it when you do.

Look forward to sharing Easter Wishes!

K :)

Back