Don't know if she is pregnant or what?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks I will do that.

There's a seperate sleeping area with a solid wood door, and a partition between that and an other area with a wire door, with a ramp going down to a run. I can close off the top half if the babies are moving around in a few weeks, but not old enough to use the ramp.

And she'll have a bigger run attached to the front soon (once the guinea pigs get their new house next week, she'll get their big run). Someone said that the sleeping area would be ok, instead of a nest box. I was going to put in a nest box, even just made of cardboard, but then thought she wasn't pregnant. Now she has made the nest so I don't know if I should disturb it.
I will make a lip in the doorway anyway, to stop them crawling out.

Assumong the sleeping compartment isn't absolutely huge a board in front of the entrance to create a lip should suffice to keep them contained. Not sure if shoving in a nest box at this late stage would be that useful as she is in the process of building.

It's just a kinda standard size hutch sleeping area. And I think if the nest is round a dipped in where she has them, they should hopefully stay in the middle. I was gonna use some thick cardboard to keep them in.

I had a cat who built a nest in dead grass in a neighbours greenhouse, and it was pretty much like the rabbit's nest and the kittens all stayed in ok. I brought them home when I found them though :p

Nope, well no babies when I checked last. It's 1a.m. now so dunno if I should go out and disturb her. :) Or maybe I will just check in case she had babies outdoors . . .

Aw no babies yet. It's not too cold outside tonight anyway if she does have them.

No babies yet, Evie did wake me up at 6 a.m. though, by turning her litter tray and her food bowl into a see-saw and running over it repeatedly for ages! After I was up til 3 a.m. feeling sick anyway. Crazy bunny :) And when you can't sleep, the sound of rabbits and guinea pigs drinking from their water bottles gets much louder!

Still no babies, I'm trying to leave her alone as much as possible, to make sure she's relaxed and happy. She hasn't added any more fur to the nest or anything, so just waiting. If she doesn't have them in a few days can I assume it was a false pregnancy?

CiaraPatricia wrote:
Still no babies, I'm trying to leave her alone as much as possible, to make sure she's relaxed and happy. She hasn't added any more fur to the nest or anything, so just waiting. If she doesn't have them in a few days can I assume it was a false pregnancy?

I don't think you can assume anything until 31 days after you picked her up. I think that puts you around March 25th?

sas :)

I hope your Evie is pregnant. When Sweetie and Prince mated, I thought that she was pregnant. She did everything that your Evie did. I even thought that I felt a baby inside her. After about 31 to 35 days from when I saw Prince get her, no babies. It was a false pregnancy.

When did the buck mate with Evie, did the previous owners tell you? I would check on that so that you know for sure how long to actually wait to see if there will be babies or not.

I hope there will be babies. I need my cute babies fix.

I'm still waiting :)

I hope she will have babies too, I've gotten my hopes up! It'd be really lovely because I could keep one and I'd love to have a rabbit since it's born, since I've never had a bunny younger than a 5-6 months. It'd be really tame and friendly :)

I don't know if she has been with a male or not before I got her, but they had males too, so there is a chance that they left them together accidentally or maybe her sister was actually a boy or something. I could email the previous owners and ask, but I don't want to sound like I'm complaining if she is pregnant, because I don't mind at all.

I've had her for two weeks anyway, for only two more weeks to wait to be sure, hopefully she has some soon. She wouldn't eat her dinner tonight, just nibbled a bit of hay even though I gave her carrots, swede and celery, and the other rabbit and the guinea pigs tucked into it straight away! So maybe she will have them tonight?

I told my brother that I'd bet him that she'd have them tonight, and we should bet €20 for each baby born, but he figured out that if he won he wouldn't get anything!

No babies yet still! Yeah she has a cage and run to herself, with her friend in a run next to her so she still has company. :)

Nope, but I felt her tummy today again, and I could swear it is getting bigger and her nipples are getting bigger.

Her tummy is definitely noticeably large now, and before it was just kinda swollen feeling. I'm still hopeful that she'll have babies soon.

There also seems to be alot more fur in the nest, but no babies yet

She's doing fine :)

I'm very unpatient! I just can't wait til there's little bunnies, then I'll have to wait til they start hopping around :)

Latest posts

Back