DOGS, do you have any?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehe, I knew you'd like them :) I think they were born in 1993 (or around there). They were so much fun to have around. I miss the little puppy noises.

Wow they'er older than me! lol.

Puppy noises i ownder if that's a gud thing or bad :p

there are so many thing you should avoid in dog food...

What brand do yoou peeps feed ur four legged best friends?

x

We used to feed Bridget and Jenny Science Diet (SD), then found out how bad it was and switched them over to Nutro with some SD wet food. Brody didn't like the Nutro much, so he doesn't eat that. I can't remember exactly what he gets. It has the word "Wolf" in the title, I think. It's more expensive, too, I think. Mum changed him to it after I moved out. I know he gets the kibble and some Canidae wet food mixed in.

The best diet would be BARF (Bones And Raw Food) or RMB, aside from having many good sides healthwise it is a great money saver. But if you don't want to feed that I would say a mix of dry and canned food is best. Some dogs however don't suit a dry food diet and there is also a problem of dry food drying up the inside of the dogs stomach and if you take a peice of dog kibble and drop it into a cup of water, you will see what happens within a few minutes! But, like you said in dog food there is alot to avoid. The things I would look for in the dry food is a natural preserver, no additives, no soy, no corn, no wheat, no colours and meat/animal (NOT by products or "derivatives") as the first 2 ingredients at least. But it is usually pretty easy to dodge these things through researching different foods. Almo Nature is generally a good pet food make, so you might want to check them out aswell.

Bassetluv wrote:
there is also a problem of dry food drying up the inside of the dogs stomach

I've never heard of this...? :ponder:

There was a post on this on petshub a while back, if ya want to see it search it and it should be the first or third on the list.
Again, take a peice of kibble and put it in water, see what happens?

o, i'll have to do that dog food in a cup thing...

right now i still havent checkked the food brands here yet , but next time i go to the supermarket/pet shop, I'll do my research! :p

I cant wiat to get my buddy! :p :biggrin2:

xx LOve Prisca :pinkbouce:

Don't go anywhere near Tux or any or the signature range, homebrand etc! They're crap. Speights vet recommended Eukanuba but thats costs a fortune so we went for beneful as it seems to be on special lots but I've been searching on the net and apparently thats crap with corn as a filler so don't go with that lol. So we may have to switch to Eukanuba.....

Guys! Bit of over enthusiasm lol but many of the girl dogs i've met are quite yappy not saying they all are but my observations lol, actually i've only ever had guy dogs though......So thats a biast opinion lol...

Right now I'm living with a roomate, and he has a 4 year old German Shephard named Harley. He's gorgeous, pure white, and a lot of fun. We live in an apartment, so we don't have a yard, so we have to walk him a couple of times a day.
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/jaraiya2884/?action=view&current=IMG_0029.jpg
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/jaraiya2884/?action=view&current=IMG_0029.jpg

Back in Wisconsin I have my dog Katie, she's an Australian Blue Healer, and she's the best behaved dog I've ever seen. At my grandma's house I have two dogs, an Akita Chow Mix named Lucy, and a Boston Terrier named Buddy. Well, they're family dogs, not necessarily mine, hence the boring names, but they're a lot of fun, aside from Buddy, he's incredibly annoying and doesn't listen or really behave much at all. Lucy is well behaved, but likes to eat cat poop out of the litter box, and has an obsession with licking people. LoL

Your family dgs sounds like they are so much fun, you knwo all diffrent personalities.

dont think they're boring names, i like clasic original names =]

i was gonna name my next dog Buddy but the family dsnt like it :p

tccch... lol

xx

Luv-bunniz wrote:
Some dogs however don't suit a dry food diet and there is also a problem of dry food drying up the inside of the dogs stomach and if you take a peice of dog kibble and drop it into a cup of water, you will see what happens within a few minutes!

DOne... i bought sum dog food for this lol :p
anyways.. i did it and all it did was break a lil bit just the outer pieces then it just stayed like that... i left it in for 15 mins... is this hat happends?

xx

MyLOVEABLES!! wrote:
Your family dgs sounds like they are so much fun, you knwo all diffrent personalities.

dont think they're boring names, i like clasic original names =]

i was gonna name my next dog Buddy but the family dsnt like it :p

tccch... lol

xx
My family doesn't really like the names I give animals, my cat I named Trax, and they named an outside cat Carrot (she's an inside cat now), so I named her kittens Beta and Carotine, lol. Then of course my rabbit Sherlock, which I guess is the most normal name out of the bunch, ^_^

But yeah, overall, I'm a real dog person, and I can get almost any dog to come up to me and like me, even if they hate almost everybody. My Grandpa's old dog Jessie, she was a collie, and she HATED kids, all my cousins she would growl at and ignore, but me, she'd come right up to me and lick my hands, let me pet her and have no problems with me at all.

Here is my dog! He doesn't get along with the rabbits at all infact he tries to get into their cages when I am giving them attention. He is a pom and a Papllion mix

8%20Star%20Wars%20-%20The%20Emperor%27s%20New%20Clones%20%28Part%204%20of%208%29
8%20Star%20Wars%20-%20The%20Emperor%27s%20New%20Clones%20%28Part%204%20of%208%29
Dublin.jpg

DSC04562.jpg

MyLOVEABLES!! wrote:
Luv-bunniz wrote:
Some dogs however don't suit a dry food diet and there is also a problem of dry food drying up the inside of the dogs stomach and if you take a peice of dog kibble and drop it into a cup of water, you will see what happens within a few minutes!

DOne... i bought sum dog food for this lol :p
anyways.. i did it and all it did was break a lil bit just the outer pieces then it just stayed like that... i left it in for 15 mins... is this hat happends?

xx

Alot of them dry up the water and "grow" up to 1-2 times they're size.

Latest posts

Back