DOGS, do you have any?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyLOVEABLES!!

Reaction score
Hey all,

Our family have decided next year around late January is a great time for our family to finally own a dog, over the last 5 years we've always wanted a dog but this is it!. this is also for my 13th bday party, i've always been obssed with dogs..

My parents grew up with dogs in their house (dad's have owned over 12 in his life WOW! ) so now its the time for us to have one of our own. the last time we had a dog was when i was 6, he was lil and he passed away.

When we get a dog we are most likely to get a yellow labrador. We are going to adopt and older dog, around 1 year old we want.
names we think will probably use are: (they're all guy names )

-Hugo
-Bruno
-Oscar
-Shadow

anyHOOO

Anyone here have dogs?
Tell me a all about him/her
what is your daily routine normaly with your dog(s).?
Any specific breed you like most?

I'd love to hear about your 4 legged best friend!

Prisca xx

We have three Labs, two yellows and a chocolate:

Saydee and Tucker are my parents dogs. Sprocket is mine, he is my pride and joy.

Saydee (mother to the two boys):

sprocket016-1.jpg

Tucker:

sprocket010.jpg

Sprocket:

047.jpg

063.jpg

sprocket020-1.jpg

I can't wait to see you new doggie. Although it's a little sad that you won't get to enjoy a Lab puppy. They are soo much fun.

If you have any questions about Labs just ask, I pride myself in knowing quite abit about the breed.:biggrin2:

Oh BTW I like the name Oscar for a yellow lab, so are your looking to get a male?

My next Lab is going to be a female and I want to name her Hattie.

~Hayley

Cool I love doggies! I can't remember if this is correct as I always get retrievers and labradors mixed up. But I think they're pretty prone to arthritis in their old age and the leave lotsa hair???

I have a dog Speights at my dads, he's mine and my step brothers he's a huntaway collie x *I think. He was originally gotten as a guard dog but he's to much of a soppy love pup lol he SMOTHERS you in kisses hehe. In the morning he gets some dry beneful bikkies and then we take him for about a 2-3 km run on the motorbikes on the beach and through the forest, he usually goes for a swim in the morning too. He then gets another one of these in the evenings but we usually go up the hill or to the swamp depending on weather etc. In the evening he gets a stew or left over's which are dog safe sprinkled with brewers yeast, If what were having isn't good for him we usually give him some more beneful or a fish if someone caught any sprinkled with the yeast again. I like the bigger dogs like danes, and huntaways.

Gah my picture of him won't paste! Grr I'll try on internet explorer not safari.

There he is my boy. Wonder why it won't add in safari:?

My Mom and I have a Shiba Inu doggy, Tomika, that now lives 100% with her since I don't have a yard, and my Mom cannot be separated from her:biggrin2: . She is the most well behaved coolest dog ever, lol. Ok, so I'm totally biased. But she even buries her poo! She is now 13 years old and we've never ever been able to find where she goes on our property. Very independant and good guard dog, but super adorable, sweet, and laid back. And so healthy!!

My Mom has all her pictures, but this is what our sweetie Tomika looks like.. she is identical to the 4th picture down.

:inlove:

AWWWWWH! Saydee, Tucker, Sprocket, Speights and Tomika sounds like such staggering dogs!

I cant wait too have one of my own!!! (its been 12 years since i wanted one :p hahahaa)

I know we're gonna get a medium-large sized dogs.

PepnFluff: Labrador Retrivers do tend to get athiritis (sp) and they are short haired dogs that can shed a lot.
Your dog seems like he's so full of life!

Haylee:
Now those three ... arent they just the cutest?!!?!
I know its hard to make sure Labs dont get over weight easy do you have any tips for that?

And yes its like 80% chance that we are getting a male.. dont knwo why though..

We would loooove a puppy but with our family schedule its best if we get an older mature dog. since he/she have to stay home for about 4-5 hrs for 3 or 4 days of the week by him/her self.

Raspberry82:
Your mum's Tomkia sounds like my mum's old Chihuahua Nikky. they hae seen seen his poo ever... and best thing is Nikky was never trained to do that. i wished i had the chance to meet Nikky I wasnt urm "concieved" yet lol

anyways Shiba Inu's sounds like an independant dog!
And the pic that you said looked like Tomika, the dog's coat is sooo awesome!

Thanks for your replies.. it means a lot to me. I knwo its a long time away (2-3 months from now) but i'm really really really excited! I cant wait to have somebody who will ove me what ever i do, always be there for me, wont comment if im say crying over something stupid :p, or you kwo things like that.
Dont you just love the way whe you look at a dog, he or she will look at you bac in the eye? how he/she knows if you're feeling low? or if you have a treat in your hands :p. in my opinion dogs are one of the best pets in the world.

I have a doggie, her name is Heidi and she's some sort of long haired jack russel or something. She's approx. 14 years old, I don't know for sure because we got her as an adult. She had a bad live before she came to us. First, she was found in a plastic bag with a couple other puppies. Heidi was the only puppy alive but she was on the verge of death. The person who found her was our neighbour, he raised her and then after awhile he got a new dog and kicked Heidi out! :shock:So, we lived just a few doors down and she started sleeping under a skip we had outside our house.

Me and my sister feel in love with the dog and for a week she was partially ours, my parents feel in love with her too, we called her Brandy fora whole week lol. My mam went to the neighbour and asked him did he want the dog and he said no and let us keep her! He told us her name was Heidi so we kept it that.

Through all the stuff she went through she managed to be the sweetest dog ever, she loved us and all other animals. She has a really strong maturnal instinct. She once went into a basket of kittens and lay down with them and pretended they were hers! Mama cat was happy though and poor Heidi got attacked :D

She stands over the rabbits too and licks them and they follow her around and go underneath her and cuddle down, it's so cute. Another time when another dog we had had puppies Heidi kept stealing this one puppy, like curling herself around it so we had to pull her up to get it, I locked Heidi out because I taught she was just being jealous. It turned out that the puppy was sick and couldn't suckle from it's mother. Heidi had just being protecting it the whole time. I felt sooo guilty for being mad at her.

Ok, sorry for the essay but she's been through alot and is such a star she deserves it. I hope your dog brings you alot of happy memories like mine did :)

Here is a picture of little miss Scruffy :biggrin2:

DSC01245.jpg

Here's our lazy crew hogging the heater:

Our two spoiled Jack Russells are Toby (15) and Cracker Jack (4 months) hanging out with our cat Vera.

Pam

I've always wanted a dog too Prisca, sadly its never going to happen for me. Mum and dad will never give in :(

I'm happy with my bunners though :D

Irishbunny, in that pic your dog looks like a wire-haired dachshund. (Of course pics can always be deceiving.) :)

What a story she has! I always love to hear of animals who have rescued and find loving homes.

I have 2 dogs... one is a Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier named Mollie and the other is a Papillion named Bonnie Sue. Bonnie was my grandma's dog but we got her after my she passed on.

Here's Mollie...

mollie6-22-06b.jpg

Mollie has always been awesome with my rabbits and here is a pic of Lucy, my New Zealand/Rex mix.

lucy8-31-06k.jpg

She also loves to attack my father's model airplanes. She will run after them, wait for them to land, then try to grab it. Here is one pic where she did succeed in getting it.

mollieplane10-21-05h.jpg

Last but not least isa pic of Bonnie Sue:

bonnie6-27-07a.jpg

Here's my dog, Kaya (no ego with this one, huh :p)

sept108031.jpg

Here's a better one of her:

august26happykaya640x480.jpg

She's almost 12-1/2 now and has had no health problems in all those years. However, there does seem to be something going on with her lately. Kaya has a ravenous appetite (even bigger than Yofi's, if you can believe that) and I noticed not long ago that she is now constantly wanting more more more. She also slimmed down a bit in the past year; she isn't thin, but she lost all of her excess 'baggage' and has remained slim for the past few months. And two nights ago I noticed that a huge patch of skin on her belly has turned blackish, and the hair is thinning there. So....I guess it will be off to the vet's for tests....

Bassetluv wrote:
Irishbunny, in that pic your dog looks like a wire-haired dachshund. (Of course pics can always be deceiving.) :)

What a story she has! I always love to hear of animals who have rescued and find loving homes.
Maybe she has a bit of a wire-haired dachshund in her, I wouldn't say she's purebred anyway. Ya I'm just happy she's happy here with us now.

My girl AkashaMaharet aka Kashi. She is a Pomeranian.

100_9862.jpg

100_9859.jpg

100_8080.jpg

100_7964.jpg

100_1437.jpg

100_7015.jpg

100_8162.jpg

100_5216.jpg

100_5277.jpg

100_5276.jpg

100_5274-1.jpg

I don't really like pomerians, I find them too nippy and their yelping is very annoying, but I'll make an exception for her, she's very cute :)If I get another dog sometime I'll probably rescue again but I'd love a spaniel of some sort,a cocker or springer. They are so energetic and playful.

irishbunny wrote:
I don't really like pomerians, I find them too nippy and their yelping is very annoying, but I'll make an exception for her, she's very cute :)If I get another dog sometime I'll probably rescue again but I'd love a spaniel of some sort,a cocker or springer. They are so energetic and playful.

I hate when people say that it's like saying all pitbulls are dangerous. My dog has NEVER nipped and she is three. She rarely yelps and truth be told I find barking more annoying. Usually only at loud noises and when we leave. Through my family we have had atleast 5 poms. Not one has been like what people say.

My dog is a great little girl. Who is very protective of the bunnies. She has even helped care for them when they are sick.

It is all on how the dog is trained.

Oh lol I ment to say I don't like my neighbours poms, he breeds them and there is always a ton of them around outside his house and when I pass on my bike like 20 poms come running and bit my ankles lol. They are really annoying and their always yelping and the sound is actually painful to my ears. I ment to say that I know not all poms are like that though. Sorry :embarrassed:

That breeder doesn't sound so great. To bad you can't see the breeder I got my dog from. If you could you would see a HUGE difference. Though he doesn't breed anymore. His wife has cancer.:(

Latest posts

Back