DOGS, do you have any?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starlight Rabbitry wrote:
mollie6-22-06b.jpg

I have three dogs and my one dog looks, well not now cause she is in dire need to be shaved which i hope to get to this weekend, exactly like this. I have always thought she looked like a soft coated whetan. Here is a pic of one of my dogs, Buzz, i do her ears differently then your Whetan but i think they look the same,lol. I also have a dog that looks just like Bassetluv's Kaya too. And then thier is my Beagle,lol, i will never own another one of them,lol. All my dogs are 11-13 years.

HPIM0013.jpg

My favorite dogs are Golden retrievers and Rotti's, i have always wanted one of each. After my dogs are gone we will be taking a break from dog ownership and then after taking a break we will foster for a golden retriever rescue, well that is the plan anyway. When and if we fall in love with one of the rescues then we can adopt that one, but we will be taking a break. It is hard and expensive, will all the animals we have and then the kids.and we are going to take some time to ourselves.

No he's not great, he's kind to the dogs and puppies though, I've gone in a couple of times to see his puppies but alot of the mama dogs are viscious and me and my friend had to hide behind the door so he could lock her out so she wouldn't attack us. He's not the worst though, he doesn't keep them crammed in little cages or anything.

I know that you gave up Toula and Lou because their behaviour was not desired. Just wondered what would happen if your dog was destructive? If he didn't act in an acceptable way? I'm only asking so that you and your family can make a plan as to what to do, because I would hate to see another animal rehomed, and for you to have to go through another loss of a pet for something like that, because it was clear how much it hurt you.

Also, where you do plan to get a dog from? Labradors are beautiful :D I used to dog walk two of them and they were gorgeous. Good choice! :D

I absolutely LOVE dogs. I have two here. A six year old chihuahua/rat terrier mix, Griffin and a longhaired dachshund, Myra. They are both really great dogs.

Myra has such a personality that I have never before seen from a dog. She's very loving and affectionate, extremely silly and at times she can be quite bossy. The only thing I wish she didn't have was prey drive.

Now Griffin came to me at 9 months old and was skinny, scared, and had acquired a bad habit of getting on the table. The people who had him actually got a dog to clean up the floor and table of crumbs after their 4 young children ate. He was kept in a tote bucket with a storm window layed on top as his kennel. Now he is a happy and healthy boy. He's too smart for his own good though. Waits until we go to bed to get up and cause trouble. We have to hide all chocolates because he will unwrap and eat them. Also, you'd think being half terrier, he'd have prey drive too, but there is none there. When I had two bunnies and him, he'd just get jealous more than anything.

Here is a pic of them on their couch:

Griffandmyra.jpg

My mom also has two dogs, both mix breeds. One we believe to be a border collie cross and the other we know she has a bit of sighthound somewhere in her but that's all we can tell.

Heidi:
HeidiHoPup.jpg

Jackie:
JackieSue.jpg

And just because, here is a pic of our old German Shepherd that passed on two years ago.

Lady:
Lady.jpg

To make sure our dogs don't get overweightSprocket(85 lbs)and Tucker(90 lbs)are fed 2 cups twice a day. Saydee is 50 lbsand more prone to weight gain so she only gets 1 cup twice a day. A Lab should NEVER as an adult have free feed because they WILL get obese. One of our family friends has a lab that is soo fat she can't even get on the couch without help! Soo sad!

Labs are prone to hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, retinal dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, cataracts, progressive retinal atrophy, arthritis, and osteochodritis dissecans (OCD). Quite alot of things butmost are mannagable.

~Hayley

Ryan and I have a 10 pound 1 year old dog named "Sammy". We adopted him a few months ago from a local rescue group. Sammy is a Dachshund/Miniature Pinscher mix. He is a little stinker, but we love him!

Playing at Dogtoberfest....
l_8f6d1348ebfb4ccea2c9ffee2776e863.jpg

Giving his sad face because he can't play with the bunnies...
l_03733baa0fd74fde93dbbe3d05c60c4d.jpg

Hanging out with me...
l_95d6111e90e447c4b1bb7d98f4d3d9f7.jpg

Congratulations on getting a dog!! I am a huge dog person...I have 2.

My dog is Maggie Bear. I found her underneath my car when she was 6 weeks old. She's about 100lbs and I think she's a german shepard/chow mix. She just turned 8 on 11/30. I'll always consider her my first baby, even if I have children someday :)

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot-2.jpg
Savfdsafas003.jpg

Next is Jazmin, she's Chris' dog, but we've been together 4 years so she's just as much mine now as she is his. She's a cuddle dog, I adore her. I have NO idea what breeds she has in her. She weighs about 55lbs & turned 5 this past 9/11.

Rabbit111807031.jpg

My dogs are both older so my daily routine is really just letting them outside in the morning while I am getting ready for work, again when I get home and one more time before we go to bed. As for breeds...well, I'm partial to mutts ;)

We didnt only give up my Toula and Lou because they were distructive.. tahst just dumb, that was ONE of the reasons but the second reason was dad's allergies. If dad didnt have his allergies it would have been clear that they wouldnt b back with Lisa but since they did that, Dad just had enough.

My family have ahuge passion with dogs I know for sure that if the dog we own ruins the same things as what the bunnies did i just know he's not gonna be gone because dont ask me why but my parents have exceptions with dogs... ]

We have a plan its a long 3 page plan so i dont think i will be writting that.

We werent experienced enough with bunnies, and i can admit that we didnt expect that much from inside bunnies.

This is why we are takng our time finding, and selecting the right dog.

-

We are adopting from the spca or the dog rescue thing, we think its dumb if we buy form the pet shop while we can adopt are other dogs in need of a better (and spoilt :p) life.

Prisca.
Flashy wrote:
I know that you gave up Toula and Lou because their behaviour was not desired. Just wondered what would happen if your dog was destructive? If he didn't act in an acceptable way? I'm only asking so that you and your family can make a plan as to what to do, because I would hate to see another animal rehomed, and for you to have to go through another loss of a pet for something like that, because it was clear how much it hurt you.

Also, where you do plan to get a dog from? Labradors are beautiful :D I used to dog walk two of them and they were gorgeous. Good choice! :D

irishBunny:
Wow Heidi sounds like she had quite a past. I’m Glad you found her. In the photo she looks like a very sweet dog.

Pamnock:
OOooh! I loooove Jack Russells!
We were thinking of adopting one but dad says he’d like a dog that a bigger size hahahaa he’s with this thing of liking big sized dogs.. lol

Starlight Rabbitry
Mollie’s coat is soooo adorable! She looks like she looves your bunny =]
I’m sorry about your Grandma’s passing, Bonnie seems like an affectionate type of dog.

Bassetluv
hahaha well what can i say about maya? what a silly dog :p
I hope she’s okay.. Tell me what the vet says after your visit.

x

JadeIcing
kashi is so cute.
I’ve never had trouble with pomeranians (my cuz owns 3) i just dislike they’re loud barks but i love how they hv lil bodies but big long fluffy coat!

LuvMyZooCrew
Buzz and Mollie looks quite alike ay!

Meeku
Griffing and Myra are two lovely couples!
Lady seems like my Dad’s older GermanSh!
and I love Heidi and Jackie’s big ears!

undergunfire
WOw sammy looks like he has quite the personality! :p
That lil puppy face is too cute!

RexyRex:
I see why you named her maggie bear! she seems like the cuddly kinda dog! looove her long coat!

my local spca had a dog who looks like Jazmin he/she was a cross breed but they had a discriptionf or her.. i
ll try to remember! *scratches head*

Thnx for all the replies.
just another question: whats a good type of collar?

Fabric?
Leather?
Metal Chain..?
nylon?
what about buckle?
Break away safety collars?
Nylon slip collars?
Limited slip collars?
choke chains..?

Prisca xx

I have a dog! :D
-His name is Bosley.
-He's got a few nick names- Boz (that's how I got my player name!), Buzz, Buzy, Stinky, I think the list could go on but those are the common ones! :p
-He's a shih Tzu.
-Born March 19th, 2001
-He loves cheese.
-He loves to open presents (but only if I allow him, so he won't open ones under the tree or anything. :))
-He knows hand signals.
-He knows a bunch of tricks- Sit, Stay, Come, Lay Down, Rollover, Box, Up-Box, Sing, Shake, Both Paws.
-He also knows... Leave it, Wait, No More (like if we are rough housing and I want to stop.), Find it, Who's That, Go! (which we say to get him to run around with his toys :p), and that's all I can think of right now!
-He's never been to any dog training classes since we've had him.
-We got him when he was about 6 months old.
Okay here's some recent pictures of Bosley. He's my baby. :biggrin2:

PC032143.jpg

That's his bed he got for Christmas last year.

PC032145.jpg

Oh yes, he knows what "Puppy Eyes" are. :p

PC032148.jpg

His favorite toy! And it was from the Dollar Store!

PC032150.jpg

He has a lot of toys!

PC032159.jpg

"Daa dada daaaa! Heres I come mom!"

PC032157.jpg

Super Dog!

Here's some older pictures.

P1010015-3.jpg

Shaggy Boy

P1010017-3.jpg

He's super hairy!

P1010104.jpg

He likes to dig in the sand. Can you tell? :p

P1010115.jpg

In his life vest, ready to swim!

P6240186.jpg

He's a bigger water dog then I'd think a shih tzu would be. Maybe Shih tzu's like water? :p He loves to go in the water and play around! He'll even lay in the water if he's really hot.

P1010102.jpg

He's "Up-Boxing" here. :p

Hope you enjoy the pictures! :biggrin2:

Everyone has such lovely dogs! They're so cute! I love bosleys lifejackets my grandads two spoodles have wee life jackets with their names embroidered on them hehe. Speights has a nylon collar that he wears when he goes for walks. He doesn't were a collar otherwise. He lives in a rural place and is very housebound but does wander with his girlfriend Mildred and we don't want him getting caught up in anything,since they are quite rambunctious and loves chasing rabbits through bushes :grumpy:he is microchipped though . I wouldn't go for a choker a personally think they're cruel. Leather is quite a nice collar I think. I don't really like metal I wouldn't imagine it to be very comfy and it has no give.

Meeku wrote:
My mom also has two dogs, both mix breeds. One we believe to be a border collie cross and the other we know she has a bit of sighthound somewhere in her but that's all we can tell.

Heidi:
HeidiHoPup.jpg

The first thing I thought when I saw Heidi's was that she looks like a Basenji mix. My girlfriend used to breed them for show, so I am aware of how they should look, to some degree. Look the breed up and see if you don't see a resemblance to one of those....

myheart

Here is the big boy who is in my home now. His name is Slobbers (given to him by a former owner) and he weighs 180 pounds. Probably too big for you, but he is the biggest baby and he attracts so many people of all ages. :p

P1010239-1.jpg

december-1.jpg

myheart

Boz wrote:
P1010115.jpg

In his life vest, ready to swim!

That is just too dang cute! lol.

He looks so proud that he's gonna go swimming in his life-vest! Lol. How addorable!

MyHeart, I'm coming to dognap you of your Slobbers :) . I love love love Saints, and Slobbers is extremely handsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so jealous of you lol. First thing Ima do when I get my own house - Buy a Saint! lol. :pPepNFluff is right, lol. He does look like Beethoven! That's exactly how I got into liking Saints too, Beethoven! :) So, you can probably guess why my saint will look like (as close to the real Beethoven as possible) and his name will be Beethoven ;) lol.

We have a dog that lives with us, but he's not ours; he's our older sisters. He's an 8-year old Australian Shepherd named Buddy:

RabbitryVid001.jpg

He had come with me to feed the sheep, but was too afraid and stayed on the other end of the pasture near the gate! Lol.

Emily

awhh, this makes me want to have a dog quicker!!!!

btw anyone leave there dog at home when they're at work or anything?
Does your dog get up to mischeive?

Here's our plan when no one is at home (work and school)

The dog get's the garage, rumpus and spare room downsatairs, the rumpus has a sliding door that leads to the garden. the garden will be fully fence so if he needs to do his bussines then he'll be able to. food and water will be available at all times ( the food ofcourse wont be free feed.) toys, LOTSA TOYS to keep him occupied. then when the first person to get home will bring him upstairs.

Now this will only be the first month or so just so he gets used to the rules. He wont be left there all day just 4-4 1/2 hours 3 days a week? do you think thast okay, because if its not we are willing to think about a different plan.

Yeap Speighty boy gets left home alone every week day, we leave the front door open, it's a really safe area:) He just comes and goes as he pleases but he mainly stays round the house. Um we don't know of any mischief lol but he has left us the odd possum and rabbit on our beds :grumpy:. I think that should be fine my Grandad has recorded his voice onto a CD talking to Milly and Eva and they seem to enjoy that :), Some leave the radio on. Will he be getting walked daily? as even though he has all that space and toys they often arnt very active and usually just wander and have a sniff and sleep hehe.

Latest posts

Back