Doc & Dora to Doc & Aurora

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds fabulous but have no idea where we could get it over here...don´t even think I´ve seen a vietnamese restaurant in our área :cry1:It´s not fair. That would be great for my sister as she´s coelic so we do get rice noodles at home and rice pasta and we call eat it. I shall have to google and see if there is a vietnamese restaurant anyway around here.

When I see Doc now, he justs makes me want to pick him up and cover him in kisses. I love cuddlebuns so yes he is like Snowy :bunnyhug:

All this talk is making me want pho again, and I just had it AND it's super late and I shouldn't be hungry.. It was delicious as always last night. Four of us went out and got pho and two carafes of sangria, and we each paid just over $10! Amazing. I had to restrain myself and not order spring rolls as well, but man I wish I did because now I could be having a leftover one!

Morgan - Did you not eat meat for 2 weeks because your body wouldn't let you, or do you mean you stopped for a couple weeks and then your body had a hard time starting again? If your body randomly wouldn't let you, was something wrong? I've never heard of that before! I laughed when you said you lost a lot of weight, because I've stayed pretty much the same since cutting out meat. :p It wasn't for weight loss, but it would've been nice! Though, I haven't gained weight either, so I guess that's good.. Lots of vegetarians start gaining because they only eat pasta and stuff. I try and keep the "veggie" in "vegetarian" for the most part. You should definitely try and find some pho, I'm sure you'll love it, especially if you already love Asian cuisine! Have you ever had Vietnamese sandwiches?? I forget what they're called, something that starts with a B, but OMGILOVETHOSETOO. I should make tofu more often since I'm veggie, but it always comes in this huuuge cube and then I never use all of it and it sits weirdly in its own water in my fridge for awhile.. hahaha. One time I got a pack of tofu that said to change the water every day. What the what?

Michelle - I thoroughly enjoyed your pho post, please continue to take over my blog with food ramblings! I am intrigued as to the altercation with the bouncer that you hinted at.. bahaha, anyway, it's really not cilantro in pho?? I totally thought it was! And I forgot the chili paste.. I put so much chili paste in my pho. I start with a couple spoonfuls (btw, totally love the tiny chili paste spoons!) and just put more in as I go. Luke is kind of a spicy food wimp, but I love obliterating my taste buds.

Chris - I hope you can find some pho! Though I'm sure you have tons of great foods that we don't have! What are some things that you were introduced to when you first moved to Spain? And awww, it warms my heart that you want to cuddle Doc. :) He would definitely love to make friends and be covered with kisses! He is definitely a ladies man. Though, he's quite chummy with my friend Alex as well, so he's not at all discriminating with who shows him affection. :p

Baking some lime bars for the Easter brunch potluck tomorrow! I hope they come out okay - my hand mixer is terrible, and the cream cheese didn't get quite as blended as I would like. I wish I had one of those awesome Kitchenaid standing mixers! Too bad I don't have like $400 lying around, bah. Anyway, it should be a lot of fun tomorrow, it's just a bunch of music students from school gathering in a park with food and drink. I'm actually going to get up early and practice beforehand because I know I'll be too lazy in the afternoon when we all split!

Last edited:
What are Lime Bars? :p The Kitchen Aids are pretty awesome, my mum has one, works quite well and though it's still noisy, it's 10x quieter than her old one that worked amazing but she'd had for years and years. Wish I had one because then I'd be able to make pavlova <3

How are the bunns doing? They seem like they're starting to warm up to each other. I'm glad you've found a routine that's working for them and shifting their cages to the play area seems to have helped as well.

Hotel downtime before our flight home so I'm getting caught up!

Love the new pics of doc and aurora. Did I miss it before,,are docs eyes blue? They look so pretty! They really are such a gorgeous couple. I can't wait til they are "married".

Sounds like some great progress is being made! No nipping anymore yay! I think the laying down next to each other especially after their progress is an I kinda like you sign instead of a I'm more relaxed than you sign :)

I've never had Pho soup but I have heard of it and I'm sure I would like it. I eat ANYthing. I'm the least pickiest eater on the planet and I tend to be mildly annoyed by adult picky eaters haha. Like adults that are scared to try certain things....how can that be!?!? Like, even if don't like it what are you afraid is going to happen??? My hubby used to be kinda like that but I've changed him over the years.

No Easter plans for us since we are traveling on Easter Sunday. We aren't into organized religion anymore either so no church for us. My family and my hubby's family are both extremely religious so they will be going to church. If we were in town I would have hosted Easter dinner, usually I make a ham and all the sides. Planning a big meal isn't that difficult once youndo it a few times. I enjoy hosting big family dinners now :)

Lisa, your trip has gone really quick, can´t wait to hear about the rest of the places you visited.

Doc just has that look and I just love him and would love to cuddle him.

I sometimes think I´d love to be a vegetarian but I do like my red meat now and again although I don´t eat it very often, mostly chicken and turkey. I do love veggies though. Do you still eat dairy ??

When I first came here, lots of things I hadn´t eaten before. They do loads of stews and broths with lentils, chickpeas, beans and other pulses and I love them now. They are quite substantial though as they also use veggies and meat as well. I also started to eat much more fish and seafood as it was always available. I´ve tried all kinds of shellfish, some I love and some I can´t eat, especially the raw ones but I do and have tried absolutely everything. I don´t think there is anything I haven´t tried that I´ve been offered. I was having lunch years ago at a hotel where I used to help the manage with translating and when we sat down, two of the accounts staff ordered steaks but the chef said he´d made something special for us so I didn´t feel I could refuse. I asked him what he had and he offered me either pigs trotters or tripe.....aaarrrgghhh, I don´t like tripe and had never tried pigs trotters so I had those. Yuk....they were awful, all jellyish and I spend the whole time cutting them up and pushing them about my plate and when he asked I said they were lovely. Really wished I´d had the steak lol.

I have also found that the Spanish all have a very sweet tooth. I take sugar in my tea but find so many of their cakes and desserts far too sweet for me and just can´t eat them.

I don't know how I missed the update on this blog days ago! But I did.
Anyway, Lyndy, I stopped eating meat for 2 YEARS, I mistyped earlier because I'm dumb. Yes YEARS! hahaha. It was great, thats how I lost weight because it was a long period of time. I can't even remember why I started eating meat again.

Here is a list of mexican dishes made meatless. I thought of you when I saw it on pinterest. I love mexican food and I'm going to say since you live in LA you have to love it too.
http://www.thegardengrazer.com/2013/04/mexican-made-meatless.html

LOL.... no that's not really cilantro in the Pho... both of us love chili paste and Luke (mine) loves to get some red chillis to cut up into his soup because it's really not spicy enough for him, he's a little overboard sometimes.

That altercation was more along the lines of, had a little too much to drink, for no reason, left the club, the bouncer wouldn't let me come back in after letting him know I had a friend inside with all my possessions for the night and my keys to my house, so I told him where to go and to take his ego there with him.... ahhaha he really didn't like me after that since all the other people outside started yelling with me so I started like a mini riot. Anyways, Luke was super embarrassed. I don't know why I get so roudy when I drink! It's so bad, it's not like once or twice it's like SOMETHING happens all the time, doesn't have to be good or bad necessarily but I always manage to stir something crazy up....

ANYWAYS, how are the buns doing?!! how are the dates going?! :)

Michelle I never would have guessed that would be something you would do! Hahahaha you seem so reserved and in control and self disciplined! :)

Chris I'm envious of all the fish/seafood you have access to over there. As I've said before it's my favorite food. I think I could eat it everyday!

I was just laughing because Lyndy hasn't posted since 3/31 and here we all are on her blog chatting about Michelles drinking, chris's seafood in Spain, Morgans rowdiness, hahahahha. thanks for letting us "use" your blog Lyndy! :roflmao:

Haha, we just take them over....I love fish and seafood but don´t eat enough of it. That will be remedied next week as my sister loves it as well.

Hope Doc and Rory and OK and hope their dates are going well ??

Wow, haven't been on in a bit.. Things are getting pretty busy with school since the year is coming to close and we have tons of performances and everything. It also didn't help that SOMEBUN (Doc, that rascal) bit straight through my laptop cable earlier this week. I was so upset. I know how fast their teeth are, but I practically followed him around the coffee table right after he went in order to get him away from the cable, and he got to it anyway. Grrr. Luckily someone at school had a spare, so now I'm able to use my computer again! Surprisingly enough, this is the first cable casualty I've had in 2.5 years of bunnies!

Our Easter potluck picnic was really fun, even though the weather was totally crappy! We were in this huge park high up on a hill overlooking downtown LA and Dodger stadium. (Boo Dodgers, go Giants! Went to a game the other day, it was a great win for us!) The rain threatened a few times and it ended up getting pretty chilly and windy towards the end, though.

Also, totally thought of everyone last night because I went to get pho AGAIN. Also brought home some spring rolls that I'm gonna eat soon, nomnomnom.

Rabbit-wise, nothing too new is going on. It is funny how differently Doc and Rory each act depending on who is out and who is in, though. If Doc is out, Rory follows him rapidly as much as she can from the cage. She's a little less defensive when he comes up to see her, though. When she's out, he'll randomly take notice of her but generally is chill about the situation. When they stick noses though the bars at each other, Doc tries to kind of nibble/groom Rory's nose. She doesn't seem to mind, sometimes she even looks like she's thinking about bowing her head. She doesn't try to nibble or groom him though, she just tries to pull fur from his side or butt if his body is up against the cage. When she does this, she growls as well, which I'm not a fan of, but Doc doesn't seem to care - he doesn't retaliate or even notice, really!

Azerane - Have you ever had lemon bars? People usually have lemons bars instead of lime, but I made mine lime instead to be different. :p It's a dessert with a crust (mine was made with brown sugar, butter, and crushed Nilla wafer cookies!) and the lemon or lime bit on top is cream cheesey and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Here's a link to the recipe I used if you want to see! They're tasty. http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/04/creamy-lemon-bars/

Lisa - Doc's eyes are blue! People are always surprised they're not ruby. I always mention he has blue eyes when describing him to people because they always assume ruby! And yeah, what is with adult picky eaters? My ex seriously would not try anything new, I hated going to eat with him. I will try most anything, though I guess not meat dishes now, or things with banana because I can't staaand banana. I think the weirdest thing I've ever eaten was kangaroo! I was on an orchestra trip in Sydney.

Chris - I still eat dairy and eggs, and occasionally sea food. I guess technically I'm a pescatarian. (Luke's family likes to kid me and call me an Episcopalian, bahaha.) I've been cutting down on the sea food though, but sometimes it's just easier like if someone's having me for dinner and they aren't vegetarian. Also, I don't know if I could ever give up sushi. All those stews in Spain sound amazing, and I'm jealous of the seafood of course. But wow, tripe and pig trotters?? Are pig trotters pig feet?? Gah. That sounds like a terrible situation to be forced to be polite and stomach something like that.

Morgan - Wow, 2 years is way different from 2 weeks, hahaha. That is a really long time! When you started meat again, did you have to ease into it with poultry and stuff, or could you go straight for a burger? Last week, I had my first official veggie burger. It was really tasty, from this great burger place, but it made me miss meat for the first time. I think mostly because I chose toppings that would've gone great on some cow (I had gruyere cheese and carmelized onions.) Anyway, still sticking with it, though! And you are correct, I looove Mexican food. Thanks for the link, I love making enchiladas, so I should try those out! Maybe next time Luke is in town. He doesn't eat enough veggies.. Last time he was here, we were hanging out snacking on veggies and hummus and he was surprised that they were so tasty. :p

Michelle - You sound like a lot of fun to go out with, hahaha. Sometimes security at those places kind of are jerks and need someone to show them some 'tude! I mean, yeah lots of guests get waaay out of hand and are hard to deal with, but sometimes they don't let you do the simplest thing like go get your stuff or whatever.

You guys are all too funny, go ahead and use my blog! It was probably lonely while I was finding a new computer cable and everything. :p What are everyone's weekend plans? I don't really get a weekend this time around since I'm playing in a student composer's recital tomorrow and our wind ensemble concert is Sunday afternoon. Really hate how they put wind ensemble on Sundays, way to ruin a weekend! I shouldn't complain though, it keeps me productive over the weekend I guess. :p

I think it´s so cool you play a musical instrument, Í used to take piano lessons at school and did some of the exams but it´s one of my big regrets that I stopped as I´d love to be able to play an instrument well.

Weather here wasn´t too great over Easter either so it spoiled things a bit and it´s been crap all week but the sun is shining today so everything looks much better.

That is so funny with your two. Mine will grunt sometimes too if I do something they´don´t like so I do it more just to hear them as it´s such a funny sound lol. I remember Doc´s blue eyes, Snowy has red but sometimes they look a bit blue round the outside. I still think they look so similar....they are just such lovely little buns.

The lemon bars sound a bit like the way we make cheescake with a biscuit base and cream cheese mix to top it. It sounds lovely anyway and I love lemon and lime especially when they´re tangy.

Food, now you´re making me hungry. I could actually go and eat the pizza that I brought home last night as I went out with a friend and couldn´t eat it all. Yes, pig´s trotters are pig´s feet...do not recommend them but it just shows how we are always polite so as not to hurt someone´s feelings. I felt a bit like that programme where they´re in the jungle and they have to eat all these disgusting things like bugs and insects and the last time they ate kangaroo testicles or even worse. I really don´t think I could that even if theý paid me...well, you have to draw the line somewhere.

The piano was my first instrument! I suppose it's that way for lots of people who move on to other instruments. I started when I was eight and played for about ten years. It really helped me in studying music to be familiar with the piano - lots of people only learn the clef of their primary instrument and struggle learning the other clef when studying music theory. I also played the flute starting in middle school for the band, which got me into an arts high school where I switched to bassoon. Now I have my bachelor's and master's degree in bassoon! It can be quite frustrating at times, for example we make our own reeds in order to play and that is something else entirely, but in the end it's always fun. Chris, how long did you play?

Rory's only grunted at me a handful of times, she usually saves it for poor Doc. Doc is so clumsy, speaking of Doc.. I think It was your blog, Chris, that I mentioned he does so many frustrating things where I'm pissed on the outside and laughing on the inside because he's really just being ridiculous. Just now I cleaned out his litter box and got it all set up and as soon as I let him in the cage, he jumped into the box all uncoordinated and landed on the side instead of in the center, so it tipped up right in his face and spilled litter everywhere. I was like, "NO ARE YOU SERIOUS I JUST SWEPT YOUR CAGE AHHH.. Hahahaha I can't believe how clumsy you are, hahahahhaa." Anyway, back to grunting.. Doc has never grunted at me, and neither did Dora. It offends me a little when Rory does it because the only other rabbit that has ever grunted at me was in the shelter I volunteered at and was the meanest thing ever. At least Doc doesn't seem to mind when Rory grunts at him.

I could never be on those shows where you eat crazy things. I have texture issues with food and some textures just make me a bit nauseous when the food is in my mouth. I'm not sure if you've ever tried boba tea, but that weirds me out.. It's cold milky tea with huge tapioca balls in it. You have to use a huge straw. The boba balls kind of pop in your mouth, and it's just not something I'm into eating! This makes me sound like a picky eater, but I'm really not. I'll try it even if it seems weird, unless there's banana or meat involved. :p

Just went to the pet store to restock on hay, and they had adoptable bunnies there! I first noticed a big black one because of Dora, though she looked nothing like Dora except for the fur and eye colours. I guess I'll always be drawn to black buns because of Dora, but I for sure could never own one again. <3 Anyway, the lady was excited that I was looking, then immediately seemed put off when I said I already had two and wasn't looking to adopt. This has actually happened before with the rescue that used to bring rabbits to that shop - it's like they're over eager to adopt out rabbits and turn cold when they find out you've already done your part in saving a bun. It really offends me, actually. I tried to keep talking with her a bit, I mentioned the name of the rescue that used to come to the store, which was the one I ended up going to for Aurora. She was just like, "Oh, yes, I used to be affiliated with them, but now I work with HRS. It's actually a lot better for me to be associated with a much larger organization. But yes, Bunny Bunch is a good group too.." WHAT THE HECK. I never had this experience when visiting several different rescues in search of D&D, everyone was always so nice. Now every rescue bun lady I run into seems to be such a B whenever I say I already have buns. It just makes me feel really weird inside.. (I'm generally a very sensitive person, plus I'm PMSing right now, maybe that's why.. haha.) But yeah, don't make me feel bad that I've already saved rabbits!

Oh, that is so interesting and now you´re really making me wish I´d perservered. I only studied for a couple of years cos my music teacher was real b**ch although she was quite old but a miserable old bag and she used to hit your knuckles if you hit the wrong keys...yes, awful really, instead of encouragement, punishment so I just gave up in the end.

That is so funny with Doc, a clumsy bunny. I´d have been so mad if one of mine tipped over the litter box when I´d just finished cleaning but I´d have soon got over it. I´m a bit clumsy so I can sympathise. I´m always walking into things and knocking myself. Snowy and Houdini grunt but it´s never angry grunting as such and it does make me laugh. It´s just like get your hand out of the way or stop petting me when I´m trying to eat lol.

I like watching people eat crazy things but I couldn´t do it myself. On this one show, they have to eat the thing and swallow and you can see them gagging a lot of the time and it´s really yukky. I´d take one look and run. I´m not a picky eater either most of the time but there are some things I don´t like the texture of....anything that´s a bit chewy is not for me and I can´t eat oysters, I have tried but not for me really.

That´s a bit weird with that woman from the shelter, you´d think that she´d be really glad you adopted yours and it would be a common topic of conversation. Maybe she´s on a quota and she has to get rid of them. You would think she´d be bunny friendly and happy to talk to someone else who´s feels the same. As we say in my part of the world in Yorkshire...there´s nowt so queer as folk...and in this instance it means strange lol.

Oh yay, someone else with a master's in an unconventional field. At least yours is like a talent though....but I bet you get some weird looks when you tell people what your degree is in?

All the people at the shelter here were really nice to me, even when I told them I wasn't looking to adopt another bunny...but I've worked with one shelter in another state that....was a bit more like your experience. And then you get some of the crazy foster parents, like the one my dad rescued his bunny from...you would think they'd screen fosters better. She had like 15 bunnies (and a bazillion cats) and only 10 places for them, so Smokey was living in a travel carrier...and not a big one. And yet, when we told the humane society (where we rescued her from) about it, they were so nasty to us for having something less than stellar to say about one of their fosters.

Whoops, gotta go. Bunny biting belt loop. I think she wants to play. Or wants her chair back.

I played the piano for about 8 years! When my parents got a divorce and sold our house we had to sell the piano. I was 19 and so sad :( I would love to play again.

That is strange about the rescue lady. I was thinking the same as Chris maybe she has a quota or something. You would think she would be interested/friendly to a bunny rescuer like you! But who knows....maybe she was PMSing too ;)

I would try any food as long as it's food. Like chococlate covered bugs or something, no way haha! But texture doesn't bother me. I've seen those shows where they are eating gross foods and gagging......I can't watch those though because of my emetophobia (remember that other thread, fear of vomit) but I've seen some of those shows serve up some weird stuff!

Archie is really clumsy too. Today he literally fell from the second floor of the condo down to the first. He landed on his back! And true to Archie nature he looked over at me and glared as if I had done something. I made sure he was okay but I was like "buddy that was all you don't get mad at me!" hahaha

Chris - That's absolutely terrible of your piano teacher! I've had my share of bad teachers.. I went through maybe 6 piano teachers, 2 flute teachers, and I've had 6 bassoon teachers. Actually 7 if you count the woman I came to study with for my master's degree who, 3 weeks into the semester, told me she was leaving her teaching position and was very sorry. I was so upset when this happened.. She had spent several weeks convincing me to be her student before the year started, and I was really enjoying lessons with her. I felt pretty abandoned and like maybe if I had been better she would have stayed. Oh well, my current teacher is great, so it all worked out in the end. Anyway, I've never had a teacher abuse me for mistakes! I'm so sorry for your experience, so often you hear of bad teachers ruining things for kids.

Q-tip's mom - What did you get your master's in? I get a lot of weird looks from people about mine, lots of people don't know what the bassoon is or think it is the oboe instead.

Lisa - Maybe you could get a piano and start playing again! Even a decent keyboard would work, I didn't get my piano until several years in. (Started running out of keys on the keyboard, which didn't have all 88. :p) I bet your son would love it. That's how I started - My parents never forced me into lessons, but lots of girls in my girl scout troop played, and seeing them made me want to learn. Lots of people force their kids into it, and people I talk to now that abandoned lessons said they hated how their parents made them go to lessons and made them practice. I'm really glad I got into it all on my own. Luke, however, says he was glad his dad forced him into lessons even though he hated going at the time.

Doc is so clumsy. Lots of the time it causes messes for me, like the litter box fiasco yesterday. He'll also suddenly become interested in the ceiling or something and periscope up in his cage.. then reach for the top and tip his head up.. then start arching back.. and he'll fall over backwards. It's pretty hilarious, and he is never bothered by it at all. He'll also just step into his water dish and be surprised his feet are wet.

Maybe the adoption lady did have a quota, but I really did assume she'd at least ask something about my buns or something. (Also, Lisa, I think she was a little too old to be PMS-y.. bahaha.) I hope the quota thing doesn't cause them to adopt out to people that aren't ready for rabbits, or cause them to adopt two out that aren't bonded, like when I got D&D and was surprised when they started fighting later on. Still upsets me that the adoption lady did not mention there'd be issues after they got fixed. She really wanted them out of there.. I told her we didn't have any supplies yet and could we pick up D&D in a few days, and she said I could buy all the things I needed at the store we were in. It was one of those really boutique-y shops and probably would've cost an arm and a leg for a litter box. I'm sure the experience Q-tip mentioned definitely had a quota involved as well and they really just took anyone who was willing to foster without properly training them or anything. Ugh, it's really sad that what seems like a great thing sometimes ends up like that. And I really hope the woman helping me with Aurora and Doc wasn't just trying to get an adoption settled.. She kept saying all these positive things about how Rory was never aggressive and was the sweetest thing, and all I've seen her display towards Doc is aggression. :-/

Last edited:
Yes, my piano teacher was really awful, she should have never been allowed to teach but there you are.

You never know nowadays how these things work but I hope they don´t have a quota, that would be awful as they really should check out the new owners, their setup and give loads of information about rabbits and what to expect. I´m sure Rory will settle down, her and Doc are certainly a lovely couple.

I did laugh picturing Doc periscoping and falling backward...what a silly boy he is.

Latest posts

Back