Did you pick your own name's or did your owner pick your names for you??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are you named after?

• other pets

• human's

• famous people

• family members

• charactor's

• food

• drink's

• ur mom and dad

• friend's

• sister or brother(your's)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm another bunny that falls under the non-existent "other" category. ^^

Interesting thing- my slave is bad with names. She is SO indecisive! She sees names more than just a thing to call you by; she thinks of names as part of your soul; part of your heart… one of the most important things you could have. It took her almost a MONTH to name me, and, in the end, didn't even do it on purpose! (I can't imagine how long it would take her to name any kits she has...)

Anyway, that's not the point. When she got me, she had no idea how to check my gender, so obviously a gender-neutral name was in order. She thought I was a girl, so she considered names like "Isabel", and "Lilac", and all those girly names...
Then she got back to gender neutral names:
"Basil" (she was considering this one for a long time)
"Bunicula" (after one of her favorite books)
"Bunny" (oh-so-original)
"Sugar"
"Ivory"
"Velvet"
"Salt"
Etc...
So anyway, she figured "well, she (remember she still thought I was a girl) needs a name! I'll just call her BunBun while I think."

So she kept walking by; "Hi BunBun."
And pet me; "Hi BunBun."
And played with me; "Hi BunBun."
And fed me; "Hi BunBun."

And so on and so on...

And... well, eventually she gave up on names.. she realized that if she thought of a name, no matter HOW gorgeous, she'd miss the name "BunBun"...
So, that's how I became BunBun- a complete accident due to mum’s major indecisiveness. =)

Alaska: My first family named me Snow White, but I didn't like it and neither did Mom. Sos we came up with Alaska! I love my name, it's different like my Mom's name. I'm called Alaska because I am pure white. Mom mostly calls me Laska, Laskabungirl, or Busybungirl. How am I supposed to really know my name if she keeps calling me something else :?

Gixxer: The shelter named me Decarlo but my mom & dad wanted to change it. They discussed names for hours until they settled on Gixxer, after my dad's motorcycle. I live up to my name because I am VERY VERY fast! Mom calls me Gix or Gixxybuddy. Dad just calls me Gix or Gixxer.

Spank: The staff at the SPCA named me. They had a giggle fit over it, thinking it was appropriate for my bratty terrible two months. But mommy thought it was adorable, and so kept it.

Muffy: My last (not sure which one of the few lasts) owner named me.

Labrador: The staff at the SPCA named me because of my dark black colour - Like a "Labrador" retriever.

Savannah: Mommy and daddy named me. In March, daddy gave mommy a pink stuffed bunny who she called Savannah. When they got me in September, they thought that I should be the real life pink princess bunny.

Royce: My owner Ashley named me when she brought me home as a baby!

William: My mom picked out my name. My first owner named me, "Boots." But, hello! Did she not see that I don't have boots?! My paws are all white, thank you very much. Besides, that name just didn't suit me. I'm above that, for sure. So William it is - thank goodness. Don't you think William is a good name?

Ruby: Well, I've had a couple of names, but like this one the best. My first name was, "Pebbles." Cute name, but not for me. And when my mommy adopted me, she named me, "Gracie." It didn't stick though. So my mommy thought and thought...and thought some more...and came up with Ruby. She says I'm precious just like a ruby and that's why it's such a perfect name. And I couldn't agree more!

Einstein: My's mommy pickeded out my name for me. She's nameded me Einstein 'cause of my lots of white hairs. She said it had something to do with a famous man nameded Albert Einstein. I thinkses he hases the white hairs likes me. I likeses my name, but I likeses it bestes whens my mommy callses me, "baby Einey."

Ok well my name is Magic and I'll tell you all how I and the other bunnies gots our names. Here goes:

Magic-Star: I got my name after my mommy change-ed it from Velvet's Lullaby to Freedom and then to Magic-Star. She thought I was a girlly! Ugh!

Autumn- Autumn got her names picked cuz of her colour and her owner likes the season of Fall.

Savannah - My mommies couldn't find a better name for her, so they called her Savannah. She's also called Princess and some other fancy names, cuz she thinks hers a queen. pfftt. yah right!

Mississippi - Uhm, his old owners named him. His siblings were all named after places/states, so ya.

Willow - She comed with her name. I guess cuz her looks like a Willow tree?

Artie- Well when he was little my mommies' friends suggested Artie as short for "Retarded" :( And it just sorta stuck, even though they thought about changing it, but it fits him too well!

Bruce - Uhm he came wifs his name, but he's named after the shark "Bruce" on Finding Nemo.

Lily - Lily came with her name. I don't know why she was named that thou.

Ok yup that's its...teehee.

Zakura: Mom says I'm named after this comic book
Zakura_recomends____by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Not sure what she means by that...I have yet to find a character in that book called Zakura:shock: When I was a baby she just started calling me Littlegirl Junior or Zak, as she didn't even know I was a girl before I was 3 weeks old! :shock: Those silly humans...
Then I saw this movie that mom's brother (my uncle?:p) bought, about a super-cool white rabbit called "the killer Rabbit", mom called me that as a joke, but I showed her! Now I'm finally officially called the Killer Rabbit, instead of plain Zakura...did you know that Zakura is a flower??? She might as well have called me "Pellets and hay!"

Sasuke is a ripoff of me:p Mom says he's named from a character in the comic above too, and the Legendary Beast from the same movie my "Killer Rabbit" name came from. She says it fits, I don't think it fits at all! Sasuke in the comic is a super-cool character with awesome ninja-skills! And the Black Beast...well that's self-explainatory.
My friend Sasuke however is a lazy coward.:?

Aroma's got the weirdest name I've ever heard. Vestkystens Romance told by Aroma. Mom says her "breeder" named her, whatever a breeder might be..
According to Aroma herself all the rabbits born at that place have been called "Vestystens" and all her litter mates are Romance Told by something. Talk about uninventive I say, but mom says that's normal.
But oh well, suits that weird girl to have a weird name, mom tends to just call her Aroma. I don't get it! She calls Sasuke and I by our first names but suddenly the "New girl" is only called by her last!
But hey! It's better than the time she nicknamed her hamster kitty-cat.
My mom loves odd (often comic-inspired) names....and sadly it's us, the pets, who has to suffer from it:(

I, Hazel, am named after Hazel in Watership Down. Mommy picked it.

Flopsy, my sis is named after Flopsy Rabbit, Peter's sis. Daddy picked it. She's not very Flopsy though, so I never understood it. AND HEY! I JUST FOUND OUT HAZEL WAS A BOY!!! WHAT???

Rory here! Mom named me Rhiordan Blackberry. She was in love with the name Rhiordan (Rory for short) for years and years for her next bunny, she thinks it's the perfect name. Blackberry is after one of her favorite bunnies from Watership Down! Mom looked at lots of bunnies but as soon as she saw my picture on Petfinder, she knew that I was her Rhiordan.

Tallulah:
I kinda picked my own name! Mom was going to name me Tabitha Maesie and even told the people at the vet office that that was my name. She was going to call me Tabbie Mae. But then there was a bunny at the shelter named Tabitha and mom thought of her whenever she said my name and she felt bad. So she decided to name me something else. She found my name in less than five minutes! Tallulah is Irish and means princess as well as Choctaw Indian and means leaping water. Rory's name is Irish and means prince, so the name was perfect. Mom thinks Tallulah is just right for me because I'm so spunky and sweet and beautiful and such an athlete! Oh and Maesie is after Macey, the Holland Lop that mom and Paul love so much.

This is Charlie hehere! I'm a kitteh...don't mind me...i'm just askizing myself as a bunner! hehe. Wellz, I was nam-ed after Charlie Chaplin, betuz I have a moosetashe like hem does....yup, it looks just his the real charlie chaplin's, and so that is why my name is Chalie...cuz I gouts a moosetasche just like charlie chaplin. Awso, I have a beard and sideburnz so i'm a very uneek and speshoul kitteh.

Pece Owt,

Charlie.

Benji: My mummy's twin sister picked my name for me- I like it very much and when she comes to see me in the morning she comes calling my name and it makes me feel so happy!!! I run to see her and lick her through the bars!

Pippin: My mummy picked my name for me- she is crazy about the Lord of the Rings and her favourite character is Pippin, so that is who I am named after. I love my name- it makes me sound all courageous.

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
SnowyShiloh, what is the movie/show Watership Down about? I thoughtsz it was about water.....? But it has real bunners in it?

magic-Star

It has real bunnies! I didn't no for a long time cause mommy never let me chew the book all the way, but then we watched the movie. It's bout these bunnies who find a new place to live. I feels bad for wild bunnies. They dun get treats and all the hay they wants. And its cold outside. no thanks! But I was named from it too, but when we watched the movie, i saws hazel was a BOY! :grumpy:

i'm getting better at typing huh!? :)

My 'sister' named me. Her name is Brianna and she is a 6 yo skinkid. She named me CARROT SALAD LETTUCE (she says everyone should have a first, middle and last name, so that is mine.) My bunny slaves call me Carrot. I think its a good name (and its also one of my favorite treats, as well!)

My mummy let my dady name me. First he wanted to name me Jack Rabit Slims from sum moovy called polp fiction, but I thought it was way waaaay too long of a name (cause I'm so small). My daddy finely decided to name me Winston because his mummy (my grandmama) always wanted a Winston. I like my name, they like to cal me Winni to and sweethart. I have a lot of names it gets confuseling.

-Winston

When I came to my house, I was with another bunny. At first my Mom called us Bunny and Rabbit - not a very original human was she? Then the "big rabbit" came home and she said "that one looks like cappuchino," and she said "let's call that one Biscuit." So that's my name. I wish my name were more macho though since I am the man of the house.

Cappy died and I missed him. Then the big rabbit put me in the carrier and took me to the man in the white coat. Hey, what's going on? Well they put me to sleep so they could take away my manhood. Imagine! I pretended that I was sore so I got lots of extra petting and treats when I got home." When I felt better I started feeling a little lonely. Soon I went on some bunny dates and there was one beautiful girl that I really liked and luckily she came to live with me.

The morning after she arrived I heard Mommy and the Big RAbbit talking. They said "this new girl has quite a personality. She reminds me of Roxie in the play, Chicago. So that's her name.

And that's how we got our names.

Biscuit & Roxie - love buns forever

:mrsthumper:

Idid not vote because my moms pic was not there.

She drives some big white thing called a chevy and says everyone should drive one. What ever that means. My name at my old home was Chanelle and I am not a girl.:grumpy: So my mom changed it to chevy.

By friends talk later time for bed

Hazel wrote:
BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
SnowyShiloh, what is the movie/show Watership Down about? I thoughtsz it was about water.....? But it has real bunners in it?

magic-Star

It has real bunnies! I didn't no for a long time cause mommy never let me chew the book all the way, but then we watched the movie. It's bout these bunnies who find a new place to live. I feels bad for wild bunnies. They dun get treats and all the hay they wants. And its cold outside. no thanks! But I was named from it too, but when we watched the movie, i saws hazel was a BOY! :grumpy:

i'm getting better at typing huh!? :)

Sweet! I'm gonna downloadz dis on my mummy's tomputer right now! Tehehe! hopfoley she dozint mind! :)

Magic

Back