Diana's Zoo 2008

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonDaisy

Reaction score
[align=center]Diana's Zoo[/align]
[align=center]Featuring:[/align]
[align=center]
craisins2.jpg

Ookpik, my chinchilla Mini Lop. I purchased Ookpik from the pet store here in December of 06, she was about 8 months old and had been returned because she grew too big. She is my first bunny and has taught me a lot, like how important treats are. She has quite the attitude and is often referred to as a curmudgeon.[/align]
[align=center]and[/align]
[align=center]
newtcute.jpg

Newt, my harlequin Mini Lop. I adopted Newt from SARS BC in September of 07, he was about 7 months old. He is supposed to be Ookpik's partner but they have not bonded as yet. Newt is a sweet, gentle little bunny and gets along with anybody.[/align]
[align=center]Original blog:
Diana's Zoo
[/align]

[align=center]Now to introduce the rest of the zoo:[/align]
[align=center]
daisyparty2.jpg

Daisy May, my almost 14 year old Australian Cattle Dog. My aunt gave her to me when she was 5 months old and I was 12. She's been by my side ever since and means the world to me. She's had some injuries, getting a little thin and doesn't see or hear as well, but doesn't let that get her down!
[/align]
[align=center]
000_0014-1.jpg

Yannik, my almost two year old ACD mix. I saw an ad in the paper, drove two hours to have a look, and brought home this goofy little dog. Yannik is a great little dog, he talks, he cuddles, he listens. Sometimes I just look at him and think how great he is.
[/align]
[align=center]
missysees3.jpg

Misdemeanor (Missy), my approx. 5 year old cat. She came to live with us one winter during a cold snap, I'm talking 40 below. I didn't want to run out to thecan, so I left a bag of garbage outside my door, soon I heard something tearing the bag. I went to look and it was a little cat, so I put food out for her and it didn't take too long and she moved right in.
[/align]
[align=center]
000_0006.jpg

Kagome, my almost 3 year old cat. She is Missy's daughter and a strange one. She doesn't like to be held or noticed, for that matter. She is quite vocal, though, and I hear about it if she wants something!
[/align]
[align=center]
oct10.jpg

Rocky, my hedgehog. I got Rocky from my coworker who got her from an ad in the paper. Both decided they didn't have enough time for her. In fact, I was told she was a boy when I got her!She's a little grump and likes to be left to her own devices.
[/align]
[align=center]
000_0018.jpg

Irmas is my new double rex hooded rattie girl. We haven't know each other long, but she likes to poop on me and is very squiggly and curious.
[/align]
[align=center]
000_0001.jpg

Totoro is my sable banded Syrian Hamster. She's about a year old and is very sweet. She lives in the ZooZone "rabbit cage" I originally bought for Ookpik. Her favourite thing is running around in her ball, eventhough Yannik will sometimes push her around, brat!
[/align]
[align=center] [/align]
[align=center]

My Goldfish, who live in a 29 gallon tall tank, which I hope to upgrade soon. Dorie is a fantail, and I've had him for about three years. Dot is an Oranda, I've had him for about two years. Jacob was a Black Moor, but has turned orange, so now he's a Telescope. Finally, I have Sammi, the newest addition, s/he is a Black Moor that I hope remains black.
[/align]
[align=center]
Scoot & Scat, my Chinese Algae Eaters. They live with my goldfish for now. They are quite entertaining and activeto watch. Unfortunatly, as they age they become more aggressive and will eventually need their own tank.
[/align]
[align=center]
100_0064.jpg

Last but not least, Komage, my betta. He lives in a 5 gallon tank by himself. He's a nice little fellow, but a bit cheeky as he will flare at me once in a while when I'm talking to him.
[/align]
[align=center]Hope you enjoy our pictures and stories throughout the year![/align]
[align=center]~Diana[/align]

Very odd that you posted this! I was wondering about you (I hadn't seen you much) just the day before!!! Also, you made a very nice blog! It's set up where it's reader friendly! :goodjob

Your cattle dog is precious! (as are all of your pets!)My bro inlaw has one just like her! just younger. Smart dogs!

Newt is gorgeous! and has the sweetest little face! :hearts:

Thanks Bo B! I'm surprised you missed me, I'm not a big poster in the general forum.
Yeah, cow dogs are the best! I don't think I'll ever have any other kind of dog.
I agree, Newt is just too cute. He even lets me pick him up and will snuggle into my neck. *melts*

Thanks Mike and BunnyBabes!

Well, I went on a trip Prince Rupert, to visit my sister, brother, brother in law, nieces and new baby niece. I was gone for ten days. The bf did a good job taking care of everyone, though he complained that he felt like a farmer. lol
Everyone is doing well. Except Rocky, I think she has mites. So off to the vet with her! I trimmed the dogs nails today, Yannik's such a big sissy about it and he scratched my arm up, brat.
It's been been pretty cold here the past couple days, like -36C/-32F plus wind chill. Needless to say, we've been holed up this weekend. The sad thing is, winter's are rather mild compared to even ten years ago, we've gone soft!
I think that's all I have to say, I really have to get cages/tanks done today.

Here's a Newt fix:

100_0075.jpg

Investigating a bed I put into his pen while I tried to clean his mats. (The mats that Ookpik pee'd all over.)

100_0076.jpg

Birds' eye view.

100_0077.jpg

Hey! Quit spying on me!

100_0078.jpg

Ah, my mat.

100_0083.jpg

Can't catch me!

100_0084.jpg

*scrub* *scrub*

~Diana

Thank you, trailsend, we appreciate the compliments!

Amy, I think the conversation was that Spartan wanted to move in with her. He was admiring her kinky whiskers. :p

Thanks Montana, I let Newt know you thought so highly of him. He's very bashful about such things.

Now, since I know you've stopped by for pictures, here are some funny dog pics taken with macro.

100_0229.jpg

Puppykins

100_0230.jpg
\
Yannik, who is never still.

My girl, Daisy, has been having problems with her teeth, as in them getting abscessed. She needs two or three pulled (can't remember how many.) They would've been taken out a few years ago when she had a tumor removed, but was having trouble breathing so they had to take her out of anesthetic.
So I spoke to one of my vets and she's now on "antibiotic therapy"which means she's on antibiotics for one week a month. It won't cure it, but will help to manage the infection. I still feel bad for her and her swollen mouth. Nothing seems to bother her, though, her mission in life is still to eat anything edible she can find and she's never listless. But we're going to get blood work done on her to find the safest anesthetic and try to get the teeth removed, I hope we can.

Other news, my Oranda, Dot,(goldfish) has been suffering from swim bladder problems and is upside down. My evil Chinese Algae Eater decided to take advantage of the situation and munch on some delicious slime coat. He really did a number on Dot, he's missing a lot of scales and his tail is really torn up. I removed the evil-doer and treated the tank with salt, and have seen some improvement already. I'm also switching my fish to homemade gel food, because almost all commercial pet foods aren't fit for the pets they're made for. Fish food is no exception. Hopefully the gel food will be all that it takes to right Dot, and it's not something more serious like a deformed swim bladder or a tumor inside him.
Here are some pics:

100_0220.jpg

Injured Dot the day he was hurt.

100_0223.jpg

and again.

100_0226.jpg

Here he is today, a week after. You can see that his tail is already regenerating.

100_0216.jpg

A shot of Dorie and Jacob.

100_0228.jpg

Sammi

100_0213.jpg

Here's the 15 gal tank I set up for the CAE. I only have one left now, I don't know what happened to my other one. There was no body in the tank. RIP Scat.

Now, some pictures of my betta, Komage.

100_0232.jpg

100_0241.jpg

100_0243.jpg

100_0244.jpg

100_0248.jpg

100_0249.jpg

He's so handsome now, here's a refresher of what he looked like when I first got him:
DSCF0345.jpg

I do have some new Ookpik pics too, but they're not uploaded yet and I have to finish Totoro's cage and get myself to bed! So expect more soon!

~Diana

I never realized how beautiful Newt is! What gorgeous coloring! Such a cutie rabbit too! Bo and Tony are big snugglers. Bo will lay on me and let me snuggle him like that for hours if I pet him.

I love all your pets! How do you have the time to take care of all of them?! I found fishtanks to be very time consuming - of course mine were always crappy.

Your hedgie - I've heard they can be like that. Kind of independant and grumpy LOL!

Also...... OF COURSE I MISSED YOU! I enjoy your posts and even when I'm not saying so, you and a few others that "go missing" are thought of :)

Thanks Bo B! It's nice to knowyou think of us.
Time? What's that? Taking care of these critters takes pretty much all my time and I'm always behind! (Because I'm on here all the time, maybe?) Good thing I love them.

Ah,Newt. He is a sweety. I just trimmed his nails for the first time all by myself!!!! Well, I only did his front paws, but I'm so proud of us anyway. I even tranced him and got one paw done. I used to take the rabbits down to the feed store and let them do it cause I'm a chicken, but I haven't brought them down for a while and they were getting too long. Now if I can get Ookpik's nails trimmed, that would be something!
I'll post how Ookpik's goes, well if I survive, that is.

I think I posted before that I thought Rocky had mites. Well, I brought her to the vet and the skin scraping showed nothing. But that's not uncommon with mites, so we got a prescription of Revolution and she seems to be better now. I'm supposed to dab it on her every two weeks and we've done 2 out of 4 treatments so far.

I got a new job that pays more, I start in two weeks. I've also started squirreling away money in another bank account.So hopefully any more vet expenses don't hit me so hard. Rockys' visit was almost $200.:shock:
Why did I have to turn out an animal lover? Why not plants or rocks or something!

:biggrin2:

What else do I have to jabber about? I think that might be it. So here are some pictures.

100_0209.jpg

100_0208.jpg

Hello?

100_0210.jpg

Totoro?

100_0211.jpg

Do you have anything good to eat in there?

100_0212.jpg

I'm not a bad rabbit!

100_0201.jpg

*nom nom nom*

100_0202.jpg

What?

100_0204.jpg

Never seen a rabbit eat hay before?

100_0207.jpg

Awwww! Now if only she were this docile without the NIC between them!

Latest posts

Back