Diana's Zoo 2008

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Katie, Pennie and Amy!!
I'll get some new Newt pics for you guys soon, I tried tonight, but they didn't turn out very well.

I also made the gel food for the fish tonight. Blech! It waskinda gross. The cats were going nuts for the salmon, though. I did give them the extra.
It's in the fridge setting right now, I hope it turns out good!

Anyways, off to bed for me. I totally haven't been sleeping enough and it's really starting to catch up to me. Tomorrow I have to clean Irma's cage, so I'll probably take some pics of her.

G'night.

Diana, I feel all happy looking at your pets! Do you live by yourself with them? You must have such a happy home with all of them. I love Ookpik's grumpy look and you can just tell that Newt is a sweetie pie. How adorable! Daisy looks so very cheerful and Rocky is so endearing with her long pokies and then scrawny little legs and wrinkly face. Is Totoro a cuddler? She looks so soft and silky! I love hammies and always have at least one. I'm sorry to hear your fishy is sick. I really like fish, but have NEVER had luck with anything other than bettas. I always fall in love with my fishies and do everything to keep them healthy, but something always goes wrong and they get sick and die after a few months :( It's so distressing.

I think I'm going to introduce all my non-bunny pets in my blog! Aside from the bunners, I have 2 cockatiels, 3 ratties and a hamster.

Aw, thanks Shiloh! Yeah, I live by myself with them. I do have a bf of two years, though.
No, Totoro's not very cuddly. It's my own fault for not spending enough time with her, though. She's tame and I can pick her up, but she's not like "Yay! It's you!"
Yeah, I fed the fish the gel food this morning. It came out a good consistency, but they weren't crazy over it. Maybe they just didn't know what it was at first, I didn't watch them eat because I'm always running late in the morning. I'll do some observing tonight when I feed them.
It seems a lot of people have a hard time with aquariums, which is too bad. I love my fish tanks and find them easy to maintain, fish are so relaxing to watch, too.
I agree you should start blogging about your other pets, I'd like to see and hear about them!

Thanks AngelnSnuffy!!

I found a female rattie to be Irma's friend! She's hooded and 7 weeks old, no name yet.
I found her and her family at the fish store. Who woulda thunk to look there! It was the first time I've been to that store because it's on the other side of town. But I couldn't find certain test kits for my fish tanks. So she had my test kit and a rat for me.

Pics:

100_0271.jpg

100_0272.jpg

100_0273.jpg

Isn't she cute? She's living in a hamster cage for now. I can't wait until they meet!
While I was taking those pictures, I heard a scuffling behind me, turned around and saw this:

100_0275.jpg

Little Miss Grump acknowledging me?? No, her water dish was empty. Funny none the less!

Now some bunnies:

100_0263.jpg

Look at Ookpik, har har.

100_0264.jpg

100_0267.jpg

100_0268.jpg

Treats?

100_0270.jpg

All set to go get our nails trimmed at the Feed Store.

I love your rat! I miss having one so much!

All of your pets are so adorable!

Newt doesn't want to live there tho, he wants to live here! I need a lop bunny!

Thanks Pennie! I'll sell Newt to you for, oh say.... 3.5 million dollars. Deal?

New Rat has a name! Her name is Koemi, it means "little laugh." Cute, eh?

Man! now I really need to win the lottery! LOL!

He's just got that cute little innocent look ya know?

Cute name for the little ratty!

Hi everyone,

It's been cold here again. Ok, not really, but it went back down to -20C/-3F. It's so not fair warming up to above zero and then turning into winter again! Plus it's been snowing all day! At the moment it's -6C/20F so the crazy weather continues to be crazy.

I brought home some fruits and veggies from a meeting I went to yesterday. I just found them in the fridge and thought "I'm never going to eat these." So I gave them to the bunnies. They're quite pleased, though I think Ookpik was insulted by the orange slice. Note to self... don't serve the rabbits with styrofoam containers anymore. Brats!

The new jobs going good so far. I got paid from my old job and my new job on friday! Talk about impulse control! I'm so bad when it comes to money, I just spend, spend, spend! I did pay the most important bill, though... phone/internet!

I think Irma has a URI, so I'll be phoning the vet tomorrow *sigh*

I think that's all I have to report. Here are some pics:

100_0324.jpg

Daisy finishing up a yawn, lol

100_0325.jpg

Cutie Yannik...

100_0326.jpg

has an itch.

Can I please have a nice picture of the two of you?

100_0327.jpg

First we'll both look this way...

100_0328.jpg

Now I'll yawn while Daisy looks the other way...

100_0329.jpg

Are you looking, Daisy?

100_0279.jpg

Missy giving me a kiss.

100_0280.jpg

Missy and I again.

100_0298.jpg

Macro Missy

100_0286.jpg

the make-shift rat cage. I thought it was a great idea to use my old bird cage for them, but it really sucks. They're getting a new Martin's cage soon, probaby an R680.

100_0334.jpg

Koemi

On a sad note, Dot didn't make it. He was doing so good, too, I thought he would get better. I'll misshis chubby little cheeks. RIP my sweet boy.
Here are pics of the remaining fish:

100_0304.jpg

Dorie

100_0307.jpg

Jacob

100_0309.jpg

Dorie again.

100_0311.jpg

Jacob again.

100_0314.jpg

Sammi, who I think is going to turn orange, too. :grumpy:

100_0315.jpg

100_0317.jpg

100_0319.jpg

100_0323.jpg

Komage.

TTFN!!

RIP Dot! Poor fishy. On a happier note, Koemi is adorable! What a sweet little girl. Baby rats are the cutest. I think their little temp house is cute and they'll be fine for a little while until their new cage arrives! So try no tto feel too bad :) The picture of Rocky made me laugh, she does look quite grumpy... did she get treated for her mites? Tallulah and Rory are being treated for mites right now too, thank goodness for Revolution and it's one application that lasts a month! Oh and your bunnies and puppies and kitties are so cute, especially Newtie :inlove: I want to give him a hug!

Thanks Shiloh. Yeah, the bird cage is fine, space wise, it's big enough tohold 3 rats. But it's a pain in the butt to clean and get my arm in with it's tiny dumb doors. I *did* order and pay for a Martin's R-695 only to have them emailto say they'll have to ship it Fed Ex and the shipping is now $181.00, would I like to pay the additional 120-something dollars? Needless to say, I declined. So they're refunding my money and I'll have to look at another option. I'm trying to get someone in Edmonton to buy me a Super Pet MFH for Exotics cage, I really hope that works out.
AND Irma has pneumonia, for pete's sake!!! I'll have to phone the vet again because the baytril helped for a bit, but she's still sick. I just read an article about rats with pneumonia and it said you really need two antibiotics to cure it and my vet only gave me baytril. Freaking money grubbing time wasters!!! Oh, and she freaking asked me what Suebee's was! I'm so sick of these vets up here.

Ahem.... back to our regularly scheduled blog....
Yep, Rocky got treated for mites and I switched her back to aspen bedding. The fleece was just to hard for me to keep up with since I don't have a washer and dryer.

Now for pics:

Macro bunnies:

Newt:
100_0364.jpg

100_0371.jpg

Ookpik: :inlove:
100_0367.jpg

100_0368.jpg

Ratties:

Irma:
100_0349.jpg

100_0354.jpg

100_0355.jpg

Koemi:
100_0353.jpg

100_0357.jpg

100_0359.jpg

100_0375.jpg

100_0378.jpg

100_0377.jpg

My Kitty-Kitties:

Kagome & Missy:
100_0379.jpg

Ali! Are you paying attention??

Hedgehog (I ran short of shavings and couldn't cover her whole floor lol):

Rocky:
100_0381.jpg

100_0385.jpg

100_0386.jpg

100_0387.jpg

Gah! It's midnight, that's all the commentary you get.

TTFN!

~Diana

I have the new SP MFH for Exotics cage for my four big boys and I love it. My only complaint now that I have had the cage for a little while...you need to wipe down the plastic shelves a lot...and after awhile...they start to stink like pee...even with cleaning with vinegar. I can never seem to find the *perfect* rat cage.

Oh, and an R-695 would have cost me $160, so I declined as well because the SP Exotics was only $100 and just about the same size, I think....just those darn plastic shelves...argggg.

p.s...I love your ratties and bunnos :biggrin2:.

Thanks Amy. That stinks about the shelves, I just bought the cage from chinchilladepot.com/rabbitstop.com. It came to $141 with the shipping, pretty good. So the rat girls should have a new cage in about a month and a half. Hopefully a whole new cage will help them to be friends. Koemi has been pretty aggressive towards Irma, she has some scratches on her back now.:grumpy:
Oh and Amy, I'll be pm'ing you about the hammocks you make!

Probably the same way you ended up with all your bunnies, I just can't say no. LOL :biggrin2:
It used to be that all my animals were given to me by people who "didn't have enough time", these ones are all my own doing, though. Execpt for Rocky, I got her from a coworker,otherwise I don't think I'd ever have gotten a hedgehog.
Lately I've been thinking I have too many, though. When this "batch" is gone, I don't think I'll have thecaged animals again. I can't help but feel they don't get enough time, but I'll definitely always have dogs, cats, rabbits and goldfish.
Then again, I always say stuff like that, but I never mean it, I love Totoro, Rocky (even if she doesn't love me) and the rat girls. And each of them gives something different, their own brand of love, I guess.

~Diana

Today's entry is starring my Puppykins, Daisy. I gave her a bath today and realized, I don't have any bath pics of her. She's going to be 14 years old next Friday and I have no pictures of her in the tub!:shock:
She's been having poopy butt for a while now, so I had to clean her up. Plus, she's got some kind of sore near her anus, I think it's from licking at it so much. So her and Irma are going to the vet on Saturday. This is the other vet clinic we're going to, they'd better impress or I'm packing up and moving down south.
(Not really, but I can make the threat.)

K, here's the pics:

100_0395.jpg

She even smiles in the tub!

100_0396.jpg

100_0397.jpg

She's really good about not jumping out, but you can never be too careful!

100_0398.jpg

Aw, what a cute girl!

100_0399.jpg

EWww! I'm wet!

100_0400.jpg

100_0402.jpg

Glad that's over!

100_0403.jpg

100_0401.jpg

Where was Yannik during all this bathing and drying?

100_0404.jpg

Here she is right this moment, all clean and relaxed.

I LOVE YOU, PUPS!!! :hug:
(I had to shout, she doesn't hear too well anymore, lol)

~Diana!

Thanks trailsend and Montana!

Vet appointments went well. Daisy's sore is an abcessed anal gland so she's on an antibiotic/steriod. She also got her glands cleaned out, ewhttp://www. So I'll have to make a correction the the previously reported poopy-butt, it was gunk from her anal gland, NOT poop.

This vet isn't convinced Irma has pneumonia and neither am I. So she's on more baytril, but also doxycycline. So hopefully this gets rid of her illness. Oh, and Irma is now a client at the walmart pharmacy here, the vet didn't have the doxy, so I had to go buy it there. lol

Yay he cage arrived!! So far I only have Irma living in it cause Koemi is cage aggressive. So I want the cage to smell and belong to Irma first.

Pictures!

Yay]
Yay
! I did it!

100_0419.jpg

See how I thoughtfully left room for another name?

100_0420.jpg

Ok, all set with Irma's water bottle and igloo.

100_0421.jpg

"Ahhhhh! Let me go!"
"Just be still and smile, you freak!"

100_0423.jpg

"What is this place?"

100_0424.jpg

"Who's there?"

100_0425.jpg

"I'd better hide"

100_0428.jpg

It's Kagome!

th_100_0430.jpg