Diana's Zoo 2008

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[align=center]RIP Totoro.
I'm so sorry you're gone Little Ham, you were such a sweet natured little girl, I'll miss you!
[/align]
[align=center]
100_0252.jpg
[/align]

Hello everyone, hope you other Canadians are having a good long weekend! It's all rainy and bleh here. But at least it's rain and not snow!

Newt is blowing his coat right now and I don't know how he's not bald! The bunny room is covered in Toot fur. So I Furminatored him today. He's also conquered his fear of walking on lino, much to my chagrin. It was very convenient when he was scared because I could let him out without erecting any barriers, he'd just stay in the bunny room. At the moment he's in the spare bedroom, I hope he doesn't pee on the carpet.

Everyone else is doing well. I'm trying to get my house clean, I think I must be mental the way I just let it go. Hopefully I can get it decent looking again!

On to pics!

100_0456.jpg

Hello Ookpik!

100_0462.jpg

Pre-Furminating

100_0465.jpg

During Furminating

100_0466.jpg

'Allo

100_0467.jpg

*sniff* *sniff*

100_0468.jpg

I dislike you right now

100_0469.jpg

*insert expression of surprise here*

100_0472.jpg

100_0459.jpg

My couch... belongs to the animals.

100_0461.jpg

Puppykins!

TTFN!

~Diana

Introducing....

Sesshomaru, my new Betta! I got himthe othernight, kinda spur of the moment. For now he's in the little container I had Kamajii** in at first. Not great pics, but they'll do for now. He already looks much better than he did when I first got him.

100_0479.jpg

100_0481.jpg

100_0482.jpg

100_0484.jpg

100_0485.jpg

**Kamajii is "Komage" I'd just been spelling his name wrong all this time!

100_0488.jpg

Irma's coming to get you...

100_0489.jpg

I would like to go back to my cage. It's over there *points*

100_0490.jpg

Boo!

And here's a video, mostly of Irma washing, I had contaminated her with human filth!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-HBCCsKbuY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-HBCCsKbuY[/ame]

I took Daisy to the vet again on Saturday because of this lump on her head that was grossing me out. It's not a serious lump, it's just a tumor from a gland that makes oil. The vet said it'll eventually pop and I'd have to squeeze it out and clean it. *gag*
He also said she has a heart murmur now. :( It's not serious yet, but he said we should get her blood work done to see if it's affecting her organs. Because it might cause fluid in her lungs and she'd need a diuretic for that, but we'd have to make sure her kidney's were functioning properly first. Plus she might start passing out from not enough blood going to her brain.
I mentioned that she was dragging her left hind leg on walks and he said she probablyhas arthritis in her spine and it's causing some paralysis and watch that her skin doesn't get raw on top of her foot or she'll have to wear a boot. He saidthat Daisy should loose about 5 lbs and that she should be on senior food and glucosamine for her arthritis. I feel like such a dork because, well, duh! She's 14 years old and arthritic. I think I must have been in denial about Daisy's aging, but I find life without her an extremely hard concept to grasp.
But now I'm going to do everything I can to make her as comfortable and well looked after as possible. It's the least I can do after all she's done for me. After the vet we went straight to the feed store and bought her new food and glucosamine tablets. And then I came home and got online to buy her elevated dishes and a heatedorthopedic bed. Her bloodword and orthopedic bed will have to wait until next payday, though. Both are rather pricey. Hopefully he health will be manageable for a while yet!

~Diana

Congrats on your new betta!

Really enjoyed the rattie video, aww! So sweet!

Aww, so sorry to hear about Daisy :(. I'm glad it's not serious though.Always tough when animals get older. Give the little old lady a nose rub from me :).

Where to start! Hmm... I LOVE YOUR PICTURES! :)All of em - every single one. Great new rattie cage! Congrats on the new Beta! and I'm sorry about your little guy :(

Daisy is just so adorable. I know aging is difficult... is she on any medication? Senior food will help. I have had a lot of my "oldies" hang in to be 16 and older... so there can still be time :)She's lovely. Ohh, I'll go watch the video too! :)

Twice I've tried to reply and both times I've lost it! We are having a major thunderstorm, so I'll try again one more time! AHH!

O.K. where to start... I LOVE YOUR PICTURES! All of em :)every single one. I've really enjoyed catching up onyour blog tonight. I'm sorry about your little guy :(The new rattie cage is great!

I'm sorry about Daisy -it is always hard when they age. But I've had some of my "oldies" amaze me and keep going to 16 and plus and they weren't small breeds either, so there is still hope and most likely time. The senior food will hopefully help. Is she on any meds for her heart now?

:hug:

I'll go watch the video too!!

I love blogs like this one for two reasons: 1) the photos of a variety of animals are great; 2) they're further proof that my husband and I do not quite have a zoo. (My hubby says that we do; I say that five pets do not make a zoo. ;))

Jenk

Here are pictures from one of our walks at the old dump here. It's usually really pretty and there are sometimes eagles flying around. They initiated a big clean up here last year and literally took out dump trucks of tires from the river. Oh, and that's the Yukon River, btw.

100_0494.jpg

haha, Yannik

100_0496.jpg

Looking north

100_0497.jpg

Looking south

100_0498.jpg

100_0499.jpg

In the middle

100_0500.jpg

A creek

100_0502.jpg

A weird wooden thing

100_0503.jpg

100_0507.jpg

Mountaineer Daisy.

As you can see, Daisy is still active and enjoys her walks. But, she has started to cough like the vet warned me about. We're going back to the vet on Saturday for her blood work, which has to be sent to Vancouver. So, we won't know what kinds of meds to give her for about a week or two. I just pray everything will be ok.

100_0515.jpg

Check Sesshomaru out now!

100_0516.jpg

100_0517.jpg

The reason Sesshomaru is flaring... Shiseido

100_0518.jpg

How he looks normally

100_0520.jpg

Shiseido is going to be my work fish, meaning I'm bringing him to work and he'll keep me company at my desk. I work at a distributor for salon products, so he needed a name related to the beauty industry, lol

TTFN

~Diana

Oh Diana I really enjoyed your Blog - so many different critters you have! Love the Hedgehog?! where on earth did you find one in Alaska? Are they native to the area and would love to hear more about your interaction with it (him/her)..

Hope your doggy recovers well from the anal gland problem (have a cat w/that problem as well so know how it goes)..

Thanks Julie!
I got Rocky (hedgehog) from a coworker, but she originally came from the pet store here.I don't live in Alaska, I live in the Yukon Territory, Canada.
No, hedgehogs are not native to here. The one's you buy in pet stores are African Pygmy Hedgehogs and are a hybrid between Algerian Hedgehogs and another I can't remember and are not found in the wild at all.
As for interactiong with her, I don't cuddle her or nothing, she likes to hiss and pop at me so usually I just let her run around on the floor. Some hedgehogs can be friendly and lay their quills down for you, but not mine. lol
Thank you, Daisy recovered well from her abcessed anal gland, the vet checked it again when we went last Saturday and said it was functioning properly.

TTFN

~Diana

Pictures! Pictures!

First up is Newt, I gave him a new beach mat for his floor. So far so good, but I'm sure he'll chomp it up sooner or later. I'll have to do Ookpik pics soon, there are hardly any of her!
Newt's also extremely pleased with himself that he can walk on the lino. He zooms off as soon as I let him out now.

100_0541.jpg

100_0543.jpg

100_0544.jpg

100_0545.jpg

100_0547.jpg

100_0548.jpg

100_0551.jpg

*nom*nom*

Fishies:

I took all the gravel out of my goldfish tank cause I wanted it to be bare bottom. Bad move, I totally through it out of balance and the water's all cloudy now. Water change, water change, water change. I should have taken the gravel out a little at a time, but I wasn't thinking of the cycle.

100_0535.jpg

Better pics of Shiseido without the "new water bubbles"

100_0530.jpg

100_0529.jpg

100_0527.jpg

100_0526.jpg

New addition!!!!

I got another rattie:

100_0558.jpg

Her name is Kaede

100_0560.jpg

100_0561.jpg

I put her in with Irma and I know I should quarantine but I decided not to. Irma needs companionship more. Once these two are bonded I'll slowly add Koemi to the mix, she's just so darn territorial!

100_0562.jpg

100_0564.jpg

She's sooooooo sweet and friendly.

100_0566.jpg

I don't think Koemi approves.

Not much to say today, just a couple pictures. Daisy's got a vet appointment on saturday for her bloodwork. I finally remember to call!

100_0574.jpg

Newt's messed up cage

100_0576.jpg

chewed mat

100_0578.jpg

Pookie begging for her papaya tablets.

100_0579.jpg

100_0581.jpg

100_0583.jpg

TTFN

~Diana

HEY YOU! Where is my Rocky?

I'm just copying and pasting this from a fish forum so I don't have to retype anything!

I just got a new-to-me 25 gallon tank! I was my bosses son's tank, but he just graduated and doesn't know what he'll be doing, so wanted to rehome his fish. I'm a sucker, so I said sure I'll take them when they asked.

I have no idea about tropicals! They said the filter will need cleaning, it's a Fluval 104. So, I opened it and was like "uhhhh..." and closed it again, lol. I'll have to read up on how to use it. It's probably best to leave it nice and cycled, anyway.

The residents are: 1 Giant Danio, 1 Rosey Barb, 3 Neon Tetras,1 Black Neon Tetra and 1 Red Eye Tetra.Oh, and there'sa Java Fern, too.
Obviously I have some reading to do. Do any of you have any recommended sites?

They also gave me all their supplies, can you tell what's needed and what's junk??

Chemicals:
Nutrafin Plant Gro - Iron Enriched
Nutrafin pH Adjust (down)
Nutrafin pH Adjust (up)
Prime
Jungle Start Right
One Capful Easy Dose Gravel Cleaner
Jungle Correct pH 7.0
Cycle

Food:
Jungle 3 Day Feeder
Petcetera Freeze Dry Food Block
Wardley Weekend Feeder
Wardley Gammarus
TetraMin Tropical Flakes
Wardley Tropical Flakes
the following are just in plastic containers with no info:
algae wafers, colour enhancing flakes & some kind of pellets.

Equipment:
AquaClear Activated Carbon inserts
Fluval Pre-Filter
Fluval 104 Filter
Digital thermometer
heater
net
gravel vacuum
air stone & pump
multi use siphon pump

I'm guessing all the "three day" feeding blocks are garbage? And I can't get the heater suctioned onto the side, any tips?

After all that, here are pictures!

100_0610.jpg

When they first arrived

100_0611.jpg

Their luggage

100_0613.jpg

100_0614.jpg

The rosey barb and Neons.

100_0615.jpg

Their filter

100_0616.jpg

While I was filling...

100_0618.jpg

Their plant.

100_0620.jpg

All full! The filter spit out a bunch of gunk when I turned it on. :doh: It's all cleared up now, though.

Feeding them was pretty entertaining, they're so active!

HiDiana, how are you. It'sbeen far too long since I've beenable to get on here. It's nice to see pictures of your zoo.

I can't remember is Ookpik and Newt bonded? If not have you tried? They are so cute.

I look forward to seeing more pictures of your babies.

Susan:bunnydance:

Hey Susan! Nice to see you! No, Ookpik and Newt aren't bonded. I kinda tried, but not really.

Here's Missy-Poo:
100_0639.jpg

100_0687.jpg

100_0688.jpg

Morose Missy:
100_0607.jpg

100_0608.jpg

100_0609.jpg

Here's Kagome:
100_0591.jpg

Wearing a shirt:
100_0597.jpg