dead baby rabbits found while cleanning, had no clue she was pregnant

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i warmed him up, nested him against me put him back a while ago, just checked in now ... looks very much squished and dead

i wanna cry she seems fine moving and eating

if baby 4 dies ill loose my sanity

yall wont believe it...
Mrs. aggressive just had 3 babies, all moving and very much alive

and in less than 4 min
I know believe the fight definitely led to my other female giving birth to still babies, plus there was blood stains with last nights birth and with tonight not a single drop of blood.

Again me and my mom were doing the cleanning routine when she hopped on a plastic bag I have with dirty clothes on my laundry, she likes to steal clothes so I saw nothing wrong, I left my mom alone to go clean and check on my other female, gave her clean water, more food, checked her and went upstair to get my phone, and then my mom is shouting for me to go quickly, i ran downstairs to see whats up, and she looks at me like she just saw a ghost all eyes and fear, beckons me into the laundry and she just points the bag, I hear something moving and im like "is there a rat?! oh hell no mom, im not gonna kill it, you know im scared of ra--" and she be like "she had B A B I E S 👁👄👁"

I lost my **** suddenly thinking i had to dig out yet another grave but as i turned my flash on and moved close I saw 2 little nuggets moving vigorously then another nugget.

This bunnies played me badly, I've been spending my savings on pens and gates carefully locking away the male each night in a pen, putting gates and stuff believing this would prevent it yet she got pregnant im baffled like how?? did they do it through the bars or what ?¿

My dad is gonna kill my ass when he notices 🤯

Did i mentioned my parents used to have a beautiful garden prior bunny era? yeah cosita detroyed it ALL, hes gonna loose it when he sees theres 3 more destroyers
I didnt even think of any of this last night cause i was more worried about my pets health and she behaves good unlike her sister (mrs aggresive/cosita), but now having 3 wiggly nuggets reality has dawned on me like an ice cold bucket

IM SO DEAD

did I mention i still have no volunteers for adopting the father ??

P.S: never ever no matter what have male+female rabbit close, no matter how tall the pen,gate, wall, they find a way ...
scratch that dont have them under the same roof if you aint ready to turn your house into "bunnylandia"

On another note
female that birthed last night, started dripping thick milky liquid from her lady parts, should i be concerned?

I couldnt find any info regarding this online, or how to handle a bunny moma who lost a whole litter, shes eating not as much but eating

she did bleed last night but i thought it was normal until now ...cause the other one just had a litter and she didnt bled

If you mean from her vagina and not from her nipples, yes, thick white material coming from her vagina is not good at all. It could very well be an indication of pyometra, or uterine infection. The white liquid is likely pus, as this is what pus in rabbits looks like. So if this is happening, she really needs to be seen by a knowledgeable rabbit vet immediately to be put on a rabbit safe antibiotic and likely will need to get spayed. If she stops eating she will need pain meds as well and will need to be syringe fed by you, until she starts eating on her own again.

MediRabbit (pyometra in rabbits, contains graphic medical related photos)

Medirabbit (drugs safe for rabbits)

Rabbits have two uterine horns and they can have babies in both. So they can essentially get impregnated twice. It sounds like she had some sort of pregnancy complication with the first set of babies in one horn, which are the ones she had last night, and is likely where the infection is coming from. Then had the babies from her second horn today. I'm really glad they are ok. Keep a close eye on them. If she hasn't fed them within the first 36 hours you may need to intervene. She'll basically just hop in with them for a couple of minutes to nurse, usually in the morning or evening, then should leave them alone the rest of the time. You'll know they've nursed if their bellies look like they swallowed a ping pong ball. If they haven't nursed they will start to look really wrinkly and dehydrated, and may get restless and squeak for mom to feed them.

I don't know. Once those little bundles of fluff are bouncing around at 3 weeks old, your dad may just fall in love and forgive you and them :p Baby bunnies have to be one of the cutest animals ever. They are so much fun to help raise.

i own 2 females and one rescued male, boy got them both pregnant
one gave birth last night and then the other one tonight

You've had a heck of a weekend so far Debbie, and it's only Saturday. Baby pictures are always appreciated... Wait, no, demanded... We need baby pictures!

Interestingly the mother has stopped her intense digging, she was always digging tunnels prior to the baby’s, I mean always 24/7
Constantly full of dirth I used to spent countless wipes and hours combing the soil out of her fue until I made peace with the fact that she’s a heavy digger that was it

Also babies are growing fast ?? Mommy is big so maybe they’ll have her size

Cosin looks alright vet said theyll confirm if they got a spot to check her next week apparently they are booked and not opened on weekends anymore

But she looks way better I wonder if she was grieving her litter
Anybody got any experience with bunny mama loosing a litter ?

just so you know... 36 inches is EASILY cleared by most rabbits. so if she got out once.... it's easily enough done again.
Either way, with the dead litter you may or may not get more, some does give birth over the course of a week. Did they look normal or preterm?
If she was humped by the buck, expect kits in 30ish days.
Depending on how she is housed make sure she has a nestbox and plenty of bedding with which to make a nest.

Interestingly the mother has stopped her intense digging, she was always digging tunnels prior to the baby’s, I mean always 24/7
Constantly full of dirth I used to spent countless wipes and hours combing the soil out of her fue until I made peace with the fact that she’s a heavy digger that was it

That is quite normal. My does dig a lot, but when pregnant some dig tunnels and seal them up, they can be friggin fast at that. When it's time they open one up and put the nest in there. It's a natural behaviuor, avoiding predators. After giving birth priorities shift to eating and nursing.
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/nest-in-tunnel-pictures.98176/
But she looks way better I wonder if she was grieving her litter
Anybody got any experience with bunny mama loosing a litter ?

Only once, doe seemed a little confused for a few days because what hormons told her didn't match reality, but it didn't last long.

just so you know... 36 inches is EASILY cleared by most rabbits. so if she got out once.... it's easily enough done again.
Either way, with the dead litter you may or may not get more, some does give birth over the course of a week. Did they look normal or preterm?
If she was humped by the buck, expect kits in 30ish days.
Depending on how she is housed make sure she has a nestbox and plenty of bedding with which to make a nest.
Preterm i think, i mean they look too small and fetus like yet all formed up, like the way the skin looked reminded me of premature babies i think thats why i started thinking of miscarriage

P.S: Im a med student

Also mother who lost litter peed odd like odd, brownish clear, think meat broth but darker, attempted to lick it¿?
Ive had white from too much calcium, orangey from giving carrots but this is a first
Vet hasnt confirmed my appointment day yet ughhhhhhh

Heres a pic
also look at how much fur she took out, her fur looks all disheveled and uneven, and her chest is BARE just skin!

IMG_0628.jpg

The babies are such cuties! And the dad is so handsome! I hope everything is going well for you and them.

Yes they are thriving, both females too, vet checked the one who lost the litter and said she's fine
I think motherhood has softened mrs.cosita, she kinda likes me now, maybe because im always giving her more hay, veggies she is heavyyyyyy like heavier than prior to giving birth maybe because I increased her rations, girl now weights close to 8-10 pound im guessing
she still grunts sometimes
I also suspect since shes seen me checking the bunnies aka gushing over them and did no harm shes more trusting

I'll upload a pic

Sorry guys couldn’t take a pic I got attacked my momma for being to close to her babies, I was aiming for a pic when she lurched at me, it took her long enough to reverse to her aggressive usual self.
It has become very problematic feeding her cause she lashes out quick and repeatedly. Just last night I got my self two bites while feeding, good I had thick jeans 🤣 I prefer holes in my jeans than several bites in my legsimage.jpg

Also can I get sick from a rabbit bite? Like I know I technically can but has anyone ever gotten sick from their pet rabbit?
I’m aware I should get a tetanus shot but ugh I feel tired like can’t even move tired, to drive and get it

Back