Daisy's eating her litter box!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cinnamon has started eating his litter box. It started a few months ago. He is 9 years old, and I can't remember him ever doing this in the past. I did buy him a new one, and he has started chewing that one as well. I have plenty of toys and hay in his cage, and around the room. Maybe I will try the metal baking pan idea. In addition to the worry of him ingesting the plastic, he is creating sharp edges when he chews it, and I am also afraid of him cutting himself when he hops in and out of the litter box. Those darn bunnies!!! Thanks for the good ideas.

Truman started chewing on the plastic edge of his litter box too. The only thing that has slowed it is attaching a hay ball to the side of the cage right where he chews on the litter box. That way he has something else to destroy right there.

He has toys and things to chew on elsewhere in his cage but would always go to the spot on the tray to chew so basically covering the spot where he chewed diverted his attention to what he should chew on.

He has been great about not destroying other stuff in the house to the point of not even chewing on the hay balls when they were placed elsewhere but now he'll just focus in on tearing it off the side of the cage.

Latest posts

Back