Cute, sad older rabbit at Petsmart

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is he still at Petsmart? I would go and get him now, before it's too late! I bet you can find someone who is willing to foster him. I am literally praying for this bun.

whitelop wrote:
. Like I said, Atlanta is a 4 hour drive for me, so I can go to Atlanta. If there is anyone between me and Atlanta then I'll meet there.
The map route shown is taking the 40 which is what we always did driving across country.

Morgan, if you followed the route in that direction, that would put you in Knoxville, TN in just under 4 hours. Are you comfortable with that if that is the route drivers take? Then again, I don't know where/how the volunteers would be driving.

Perhaps a separate post should be started on RO to alert anyone who lives along the way who'd be willing to help.

Just checking my receipts from yesterday. I had gone to a Petco & a Petsmart. This fella's at a Petco. I'm getting ready to call them for price.

whitelop wrote:
Just kidding, I'm about to call and see how much he is. Just so I have an idea and something to tell my husband, who has no idea that this is going on.
HAHAHAHA the perks of being a stay at home mom!
Their fee is $50 for the bunny. They had to patch me through to a manager because at first they said he'd be $20 IF I also bought a larger cage from them, otherwise he'd be $50.

I started explaining what was going on and he said the reason for the high fee is to prevent him from becoming snake food.

The first gal said the $50 would include the small cage he came in. The guy, however, said he'd have to check if they still have it. I was hoping they did so that it could be used as a carrier. I don't have an extra carrier.

Okay, glad to see hes at a petco. Because I just called the 3 petsmarts in your area and they were all very RUDE to me about it.
The last guy I talked to HUNG UP ON ME!
I can do $50 for sure.
We need to get the Trail of Rabbit going!

Blue eyes wrote:
whitelop wrote:
Just kidding, I'm about to call and see how much he is. Just so I have an idea and something to tell my husband, who has no idea that this is going on.
HAHAHAHA the perks of being a stay at home mom!
Their fee is $50 for the bunny. They had to patch me through to a manager because at first they said he'd be $20 IF I also bought a larger cage from them, otherwise he'd be $50.

I started explaining what was going on and he said the reason for the high fee is to prevent him from becoming snake food.

The first gal said the $50 would include the small cage he came in. The guy, however, said he'd have to check if they still have it. I was hoping they did so that it could be used as a carrier. I don't have an extra carrier
I have an extra one! I can't be apart of the driving, but I could definitely send my soft travel carrier. I would just need to get it back.

I also have a travel carrier. I don't know how big the bunny is, but my mini lop fits in it. I can fold it up and mail it if I need to.
I can also pay for the rabbit on Monday, if we can get the people to drive; that way Suzette doesn't have to keep the bun for long, if at all.

It's hard to tell from the map, but where in Arkansas and Tennessee would they be passing through? I'm not sure about my Arkansas friend, but I know that my Tennessee friend would for sure help. She is near Nashville.

Judging by the map, I think its going through Nashville.
If we could get from Nashville to Knoxville, I could meet in Knoxville. Its about 4 hours from me, depends on where in Knoxville.

Morgan, when I zoom in on Knoxville it seems it goes right past Knoxville Zoo and Chillhowee Park if you know the areas. I'm from PA or I'd help transport. D:

slavetoabunny wrote:
It's hard to tell from the map, but where in Arkansas and Tennessee would they be passing through? I'm not sure about my Arkansas friend, but I know that my Tennessee friend would for sure help. She is near Nashville.

As for going through Arkansas, it seems to go through Little Rock and near Jacksonville. If your friend is near there.

Yay :) So we have the last leg done, Patti's friend transporting to Morgan!

Okay so here are the checkpoints/possible legs. Basically the major cities that show up on the map route.

Phoenix AZ
Flagstaff AZ
Gallup NM
Albuquerque NM
Tucumcari NM
Amarillo TX
Elk City OK
Oklahoma City OK
Sallisaw OK
Clarksville AR
Little Rock AR
Forrest City AR
Memphis TN
Nashville TN
Knoxville TN

Morgan, Patti, Suzette, do you guys skype? :biggrin: We could get on skype and discuss this, and I can scour through the member list and find members in the area that have been active and pm them about it. :innocent

whitelop wrote:
I also have a travel carrier. I don't know how big the bunny is, but my mini lop fits in it. I can fold it up and mail it if I need to.
I can also pay for the rabbit on Monday, if we can get the people to drive; that way Suzette doesn't have to keep the bun for long, if at all.
He's a big boy. I wouldn't want to purchase him until we were absolutely sure the railroad is complete. What I can do hopefully this weekend is go back in and talk with Bill (mgr). I want to see if they still have the cage and see if it can work as a carrier. I also want to check if they might hold him (with payment?) while transportation is arranged. I have plenty of hay to send for the roadtrip. And I'll also get a photo of him.

Blue eyes wrote:
whitelop wrote:
He's a big boy. I wouldn't want to purchase him until we were absolutely sure the railroad is complete. What I can do hopefully this weekend is go back in and talk with Bill (mgr). I want to see if they still have the cage and see if it can work as a carrier. I also want to check if they might hold him (with payment?) while transportation is arranged. I have plenty of hay to send for the roadtrip. And I'll also get a photo of him.

That sounds like a good idea Suzette, holding him there if possible until the railroad is complete.
Just let me know when and I'll call the petco and pay for him. If the next time you go in, could to explain what we're trying to do and ask them if I could pay by card over the phone.

whitelop wrote:
Blue eyes wrote:
whitelop wrote:

That sounds like a good idea Suzette, holding him there if possible until the railroad is complete.
Just let me know when and I'll call the petco and pay for him. If the next time you go in, could to explain what we're trying to do and ask them if I could pay by card over the phone.
Yes, I forgot to write that, but that's what I was thinking - pay by phone. I'll be sure to ask.

Latest posts

Back