Cooper's Ear

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snuggys Mom

Reaction score
When I got Cooper a week and a half ago, he had a small lump on the outside of his ear.

He'd been seen by the rescue group's vet and was on Baytril and a topical ointment. It seemed to get better, but once the Baytril was gone,itstarted getting worse.Lastnight, I noticed a newlump, which is sort ofattached to the first.

I'm dropping him off at the vet's first thing in the morning and they're working him in.

The rescue vet said it was an infected gland, but I don't know now. It's really odd. I wonder if it could be a parasite. He had been kept outdoors for a while before I got him.

I'm prayingit's something thatcan beeasily treated. Wish us luck.

The vet just called. He said it looks like a benign tumor. I can't afford surgery right now, so I told him I'd bring him back in a couple of weeks to get it removed.

I'm glad it's nothing contagious. I guess I can introduce him to Snuggy now, or should I wait? I'm getting anxious.

You should wait to introduce him to Snuggy. It will stress them both out. I'd wait untill the surery's done.

Or if the surgerys in a couple months or so you could try to introduce them, but if I were you I'd wait.

Good luck,I hope he's okay!!

-TK

Just came from the vet's.

The tumor on Cooper's ear is malignant.

The vet is doing some research to see if this is the type of cancer that spreads. If it is, the ear will be surgically removed. If not, he can keep it.

I don't want my handsome boy to lose his ear.

:bigtears:

Prayers and good vibes much needed now andappreciated.

Aw bless you both. He'll still look beautiful if he only has one ear. It will make him truly unique, and even more special.

Thinking of you both.

I just noticed Snuggy looks like she is missing an ear in my avatar, and she's still incredibly cute, so it wouldn't be so bad, right?

Dr. Pope told me not to wig out yet (he knows me well). He'll do all the research before resorting to surgery. I trust him completely, so whatever he says - goes. I know he'll do what's best for my Coopie Cooper.

She'll look cute whatever happens to her because you love her and she is cute, simple as. It's a scary prospect, but as with a lot of things, probably if it does come to this, once its over, you'll hardly notice the difference in her.

There is an earless rabbit on a website called vagavalley. One tick andI'll get the link for you.

I saw one here a few months back. He was from a rescue, too. His name was Butterbean and he was adorable.

I wish I could find his pic. He looked a lot like Snuggy.

I'm sorry to hear this. Poor Coopie. How did he test to see if it was malignant? My vet removed the tumour and sent if off to be examined. If you remember, my Angel had a mammory tumour removed in February, she's doing great.

I guess I'm wondering why he can't just remove the tumour, not the whole ear?

Oh poor Cooper! Don't worry Laura, it sounds like your vet is very good and I'm sure Cooper will be fine. There was an older member on RO when I first came here who had a bunny missing an ear, the mom had overgroomed him. I can't remember her name and she hasn't been on since she had her baby. He was super cute though!

naturestee wrote:
There was an older member on RO when I first came here who had a bunny missing an ear, the mom had overgroomed him. I can't remember her name and she hasn't been on since she had her baby. He was super cute though!
Are you talking about Lyndsy? and the "monkeys"? Weren't they named Buster and Tucker? They were really cute. Imiss Lyndsy. I loved reading about them.

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
I'm sorry to hear this. Poor Coopie. How did he test to see if it was malignant? My vet removed the tumour and sent if off to be examined. If you remember, my Angel had a mammory tumour removed in February, she's doing great.

The vet couldn't remove just the tumor because of the location. Cooper is a lop and has really thin ears, plus the tumor is right over that large vein that carries blood to the ear.

I'm just praying it hasn't already metastasized. I'll ask about doing bloodwork for that.

Snuggys Mom wrote:
AngelnSnuffy wrote:

The vet couldn't remove just the tumor because of the location. Cooper is a lop and has really thin ears, plus the tumor is right over that large vein that carries blood to the ear.

I'm just praying it hasn't already metastasized. I'll ask about doing bloodwork for that.
Oh, ok. I'll be praying for little Coopie too. *Hugs*

Latest posts

Back