Cooper's Ear

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much, everyone!

Cooper'slittle flap doesn't look bad. Once the fur grows back, it won't be very noticeable. It looks like a baby Holland's ear!

He's doing okay, not really eating yet, so I'm going to have to start syringe feeding him slurry or baby food. I made him some sweet water with simple syrup the vet gave me and he's taking it from a dish.

I'm glad he is doing ok.

He sounds like a real fighter :)

I "caught" him eating pellets and drinking from his water bottle this afternoon. :D

He stopped when he heard me coming, so I backed up and hid, peeping around the corner tomake sure he was actually eating and drinking on his own!

I was so happy, but I was trying to muffle my excitement so he wouldn't stop again. I must have looked funny, bouncing around and holding my hands over my mouth!

Awwwwwww *sighs*, I am SO happy he is doing well, and that he doesn't look like a "monster" (not that he ever could!).

Yay, I am happy for you, and for him!

Snuggys Mom wrote:
I "caught" him eating pellets and drinking from his water bottle this afternoon. :D

He stopped when he heard me coming, so I backed up and hid, peeping around the corner tomake sure he was actually eating and drinking on his own!

I was so happy, but I was trying to muffle my excitement so he wouldn't stop again. I must have looked funny, bouncing around and holding my hands over my mouth!
LOL :sofa:

I do that kind of stuff all the time with my kitties and bunnies. Sometimes I think they know just what we're up to but act like they don't.

Congrats on Cooper's improved eating!

-Mary Ellen

Oh Laura, I'm so sorry I missed all this, but I am sooo happy to hear that the little man is doing so well. Had to laugh at the thought of you hiding to watch him eat :D.

You are such a great bunny mom, thank goodness Cooper had you to give him the chance. Hugs to all :)

Jan

Cooper's still doing well. Here's what the ear looks like:

8-6-07005.jpg

8-6-07006.jpg

It will look a lot better once the fur grows back. He's so dark, it will probably blend right in and won't be very noticeable.

Glad to hear he's doing ok! It actually doesnt look as bad as I had pictured.

Youre such an awesome bunny mom. :hug2:Hugs to you and Cooper.

Cooper just did two big binky runs! I let him out and he charged right at the cat, binkied and tried to land on top of him!

He's eating drinking, peeing and pooping like a champ!

:yes:

And yes, Haley, Dr. Pope rocks. He does great work! I'm so happy I found him.

Thanks so much to everyone for the good thoughts and prayers through this. I appreciate all of you.

Laura

Aren't binky runs the best....such a relief....and Cooper is his beautiful self.....I'm so glad things are going well with him:great:....noserubs all around!!!!:highfive:...thinking of you:pray:

Awww Bless his little heart - he is such a trooper (hey, Cooper the Trooper :biggrin2:).

The ear looks good, and he is obviously not letting it bother him at all. I am just so happy everything has worked out so well :)

Jan

Back