Conan the Bunbarian & Xena Bunnier Princess

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bless their little hearts! At least they're not going to get a fur blockage :p

So again stupidly in my exhaustion I left the lid off the papaya tablets. Guess what happened...ugh.

I have this horrible dream where Conan is hurt and for some reason I cant think straight and call the vet because I cant find her number or where to go. My wife apparently takes him but doesnt take Xena, meaning that the bond will brake...ugh

So I wake up cranky and my wife tells me Xena had this epic dead flop where she petted her for minutes (has a video) and no movement. Until the wife lifts her and it turns out Dena really was flopping...ugh

So after seeing the video I decide to see my Xena and can't find her anywhere. Realize that the pet couch thats nearly covered in NIC grids around the sides and under the cushions, has a new hole from a vector I just figured Xena couldnt reach and of course shes in it. Takes me a while of heavy lifting and shaking to get her out and now see the full damage done to this couch. Multiple large holes, cushions bleeding out stuffing and couch stuffing strewn about . This couch is unsalvageable and probably dangerous at this point. Problem is I live in an apartment so I can't just throw it out, there's a process and of course my landlord doesnt know I have rabbits so I got to explain it...ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Maybe it's time you just give them all of the papaya and be done with it. :)

I'm sorry that having buns has been a tad difficult lately but you know it will get better. At least until the next time.

I was assuming the couch is yours. Which although bad wouldn't be as bad as if it was a couch that came with a furnished apartment.

Oh the couch is mine, a hand me down from my mother in law. My wife likes the couch. My mother in law believes buns to be destructive and us too careless to take care of them properly. Well after this she'll believe she's right. Then theres the throwing out the couch which puts it on the curb. The holes are noticeable so the landlord might see that and wonder what the hell did that. I could just be paranoid, and in the end I doubt we'll be evicted for having rabbits but its just a small problem Id rather not deal with is all.

My poor fish Haiku just passed. Odd, he's a betta fish and they don't live long, but this is the first pet in years thats died on me and I strangely feel emotional about it. Especially since I had this run on joke with my wife where she accuses me of trying to kill him because I occasionally forget to feed him and then when I feed him I tell her I do have it out for him and am trying to kill him with kindness...Rest in peace little guy.

Ouch that is a bit rough. Duck tape the holes and pass it off as just that, a hand me down. Keeping a running joke about fishy didnt kill him. Fishes die and it could have been anything. I really love some of my fishes and will be sad when they go. They're creatures worth attaching to.

Xena in the mean time needs a time out! Crazy girl.

I once kicked apart a very old dresser and put the pieces in the trash so that it would be taken. Have an ax by any chance? :)

It looked like a nice couch so it's a shame Xena caused you all of these problems.

I became attached to my betta and mourned when he passed. He suffered swim bladder issues from the trip home but managed to pull through. Also, I felt he needed a top for his tank as I was afraid he would jump out. My husband at the time argued that he wouldn't. A few days later while we were sitting right next to him he did. He was fine though. I guess old age got to him in the end.

Don't you hate it when you post a thing and the internet gremlins eat it up. Been kind of disheartened to post again since.

It was an observation on how great it is that you can have to of the same breed of animal and they'll be different physically as well as personality. The personality thing is a given, but I guess I never thought about how the same breed could be different athletically. See Xena is more athletic; she hops smoothly, is able to jump higher, seems more nimble, quicker, and looks graceful doing if. Conan meanwhile is a cannon ball; rumbling, stumbling, sliding, getting stuck on things and generally just ungainly. Its hilarious.

Shame it had to come at his expense this observation, but me and the wife we laughing about it when she explained to me how Conan got stuck in a hole he leaped into to follow Xena. My wife had to push his butt up while she was cackling at how funny he looked trying to scramble up and failing. This lead us into a discussion on how I can always tell the difference of which rabbit is entering the room based on how their running across the floor sounds. These guys are a joy to observe even when their trying to wreck my **** house :)

I could only imagine how much happiness would come with having two flemmies. I'm on a group for flemmies and a few were just talking yesterday about how being around them just puts you into a good mood.

How funny is that imagining your wife pushing Conan´s butt while falling about laughing. I suppose in some ways they are just like us hoomans, some are more nimble and active and others are just clumsy and a bit slower and not as agile. I love the idea that Xena is nipping around and zooming and darting while Conan tries to keep up with her, I bet they have loads of fun together.

Not much new going on. We did throw out the couch and eventually we'll put some kind of bunny proof furniture in there we're just waiting until after the holiday season. My buns are doing well, Ive noticed that they might have a sort of row once in a while but its barely fur pulling and mostly avoidance. My wife seems to think it happens when Xena is bored, and like a typical man Conan runs away rather then deal with her :)

My wife decked out the cage with some christmas spirit. Its cute but personally I think its poop bait for the birds. ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1386135001.688842.jpg

Next month Im planning to take the buns on their first annual Vet visit. Obviously since their bonded they go together but do they go in the same carrier?

Love the festive cage and good to see that they´re still getting along like an old married couple.

Yes, I´d take them in the same carrier, they should be fine and will appreciate the company on the ride.

I´m trying to see one of my couches while it´s still in a state that someone would want to buy it. They do prefer the 3 seater which now has several holes in the back but the 2 seater is still OK, I hope I can rid of it sooooon.

I guess once you've bonded rabbits you kind of slow down on blogging about your buns. My two are happy little terrors; destroying furniture, dancing on top of my wife's head if she falls asleep on the couch, trying to get behind barriers that block of a christmas tree, and being the lovable scamps that they are. Of course they're a fiery tumultuous couple. At least once a month they get into a mystery fur pulling fight that we see no signs of other then the fur but afterwards they look fine.

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1388177206.688856.jpg

First time I caught them together in their cardboard box. All is well and fun. Next month I take them to their first annual check up together...now that should be interesting.

They look so attractive lying there next to each other.

I have noticed with my two bonded girls that now and then they apparently get into a fur pulling scuffle as well. never see any wounds though so it must be normal just like any couple together for long will have an argument now and then.

They look so attractive lying there next to each other.

I have noticed with my two bonded girls that now and then they apparently get into a fur pulling scuffle as well. never see any wounds though so it must be normal just like any couple together for long will have an argument now and then.

Took the words right out of my mouth :)

I have so missed seeing pics of these two, they are just so gorgeous together. I find the same thing, life with them gets into a routine although they sometimes do the odd mad thing. However, please do post pics now and again, I just love this Mr & Mrs, I have a real soft spot for your big furry couple.

Yeah sorry, just the world outside the buns has gotten hectic and bad so I dont have the time to appreciate the good calming things like posting funny pics of these guys. I swear being a rabbit owner has been one of the bright points in my life. Love these lil stinkers even if they still show my wife more love.

The end of days has happened in our house. Apparently both our cockatiels have laid eggs and are very territorial. Its almost entertaining if it wasn't so sad to see each one taking turns booting out the other from the cage to sit on eggs. I wonder how the rabbits feel hearing all this territorial racket going on over their heads.

Haha the picture I have of your two birds doing this made me laugh out loud. I bet the bunnies are totally unfazed by all of this and getting on with their own things.

Latest posts

Back