Conan the Bunbarian & Xena Bunnier Princess

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that is amazing. It seems that just needed that extended time together to try and sort out their problems and just "have at it" so to speak. A big congratulations to you, you've worked very hard for bonded bunnies and I'm so glad that it has worked out. I hope it continues to go well :)

I wish I was on hand or had a camera, but my wife reports that they groomed each other at the same time, lazed together and binky'd all over the place so with the stress of bonding over their really cheered I think. Its a wonder, these really arent the same two I had a month ago.

Omg!! I'm so happy to hear you've got bonded buns!!! Now we need more pictures. And maybe a video. I think they need a facebook page, personally...

Seems I was quite mistaken. They are getting cuddlier to each other by the day. Little funny things occurring: Turned on the vacuum and Conan jets to the second floor of the bunny condo, Xena promptly joins him up there (though not running in fear like he did) and grooms him to in my opinion calm him down (of course I might be projecting here). Yesterday I go to pick Conan up and Xena starts thumping more then she ever has before, in a circle around me and stops (maybe not the second but pretty close to) once I put him down. And generally they are either lying next to or going around grooming each other. I must say, bonded rabbits are fun, now I know what everyone was raving about :)

Photo Aug 30, 1 21 44 AM.jpg

Photo Aug 30, 1 21 48 AM.jpg

Photo Aug 30, 1 27 22 AM.jpg

Photo Aug 30, 1 28 46 AM.jpg

Absolutely amazing!!! There's nothing more heart warming than bonded rabbits being all lovey dovey. Your hard work these very stressful months must feel greatly rewarding now! Many congrats to you. Your buns look so happy. I am so happy for all of you! :)

What great photos, I knew they would be adorable together and now they can´t get enough of each other. I know that you must be absolutely delighted and I never tire of seeing mine cuddling and grooming and just hanging out together. It was a long process but wasn´t the result well worth waiting for. We need some video of them now. I LURV IT :bunnyheart

Yes the result was quite worth it. Best of all I have a video now to show it comes it was demanded.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OISj-gR3G20[/ame]

And some more pics for the hell of it. Oh and I completely forgot, today is my buuny keeper anniversary. Today last year Conan came into my life and changed it for the far better! It's been a smashing year!

Photo Aug 31, 5 52 58 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 31, 5 54 41 PM.jpg

They are so cute! I love Flemish giants, hands down one of the best rabbits around behavior and looks wise. How big/old are your two? I think I might just have to bond Harper with my two it'll be a cute trio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Rabbit Forum mobile app

Oh and I love the fawn! If I ever get another Flemish fawn will definently be the color I want. Its just so pretty with the orange on top and white on bottom.

Conan is 1 year 4 months, Xena is 11 months. I can't tell you how long they are but Xena definitly stretches out longer, and both are 14lb 1oz (that's a human scale though so it might be inaccurate).

Michael you should be so proud, they look so good together, I just love seeing them grooming. I think our buns have changed us all, the learning curve with them is sometimes so difficult but the end results for all is just so rewarding and seeing these two like that now must make you nearly forget all the trouble you had along the way. It seems hard to believe how much it did take when you read back through the blog.

Hope to see more videos of these two together, they are just such a beautiful couple.

Oh my gosh, I'm loving all those pics and the video is adorable too. I can't believe how snuggly they are! It's so fantastic. :D

Conan is 1 year 4 months, Xena is 11 months. I can't tell you how long they are but Xena definitly stretches out longer, and both are 14lb 1oz (that's a human scale though so it might be inaccurate).

Dang if yours are 14lbs at 11 months+ I have a monster on my hands.

Congrats on Conan and Xena! They are gorgeous together! Your patience is just beyond me, it's incredible that you've managed to bond your two but as everyone says, they look happier now more than ever!

Thanks again everyone. I really do feel like I'm doing a victory lap over here. You know without the helpful people here, this website and other places and especially the ease of online, bonding rabbits would be a difficult practice for just anyone to do. So thank goodness for these resoruces. 5-6 months was intense but yes worth it now. Hopefully they keep that way.

So for the first time I decided to sleep on the couch in the living room so that the pet room door can be open and the rabbits could run around. It was a fun mistake. Conan and Xena ran around, jumped on top of me a few times, Xena would nip me and they just were just the cutest nuisances. I eventually (after 2 hours) gave up, wrangled them back in the room and went to sleep in my bed.

The joys of bonded rabbits. That is quite funny cos the other night I fell asleep on the sofa and woke up with two rabbits jumping all over me and grooming me. Adorable but not ideal for napping lol.

Haha peeta does that he won't even let people sit on his couch he jumps right on top of them. Good luck getting your couch back.

Congrats on bonding them! They look so cute together, loving the combo. :) I've stalked your thread for a while and silently lurked and I know how hard you've worked to get them here. I can tell they're happy and I know you and your wife are happy too! You had to climb many mountains to get here and I believe you may need a medal for "Most Patient Bunny Owner" lol! Congrats again and I can't wait to see more adorable-ness from these two. ♥

Back