Completely Disgusted!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest- saying that the girl shouldn't be told off or whatever, I understand where you are coming from, but if this was a child we were talking about- people would have a blimin lot to say and yell. If this was a child that was being treated like this not only would people yell- this person could be in serious trouble with police and social services- and would not be spoken kindly to.

A rabbit is part of the family- you shouldn't just get them lightly. If you are advertising for a rabbit and freely say that the rabbit has been tried to be set free and lives in a raelly bad hutch then there is something seriously wrong with you- i would be utterly embarassed and ashamed if I was related to someone who would try and, well lets face it, abandon a rabbit and keep it in such conditions. I wouldn't want anyone to know- I would just sort it out myself.

I know you can blame it on ignorance- but you should not get a rabbit if you don't know the simplest things like you are their carer and should treat them as well as you possibly can and can provide at minimum acceptable hutches and lots and lots of time and care. Lets face it- there is no love for that rabbit at that home.

Personally I think people should say exactly what they like to her. Maybe it will drum it into her head how disgusting and terrible everyone has found this, and maybe she will think twice before even considering getting another rabbit, or let alone another animal.

I mean- of course owners don't know every detail of rabbit care, and people make mistakes, but this is basic and fundamental rabbit care, that you should really know before you get a rabbit.

That would be amazing if you could get the rabbit- I am crossing my fingers and hoping and hoping.

jcottonl02 wrote:
I know you can blame it on ignorance- but you should not get a rabbit if you don't know the simplest things like you are their carer and should treat them as well as you possibly can and can provide at minimum acceptable hutches and lots and lots of time and care. Lets face it- there is no love for that rabbit at that home.

Well I guess I should turn my bunnies in. I was ignorant to so much. First few months I was only here alittle of the time. Not the whole time. I ignored them for the most part and didn't let them out much.

Many people get rabbits because they are so "little" work. That is what they are told thats what they believe.

Some people come around in time. I hear so many people that started out wrong and little by little learned.

Also why go after her if she is posting for her sister.

Sorry if that sounded a little harsh but its true. It just makes me hurt so much inside and I have to stop myself crying that that rabbit could have that done to it and it just makes me angry. Maybe unreasonably but thats how it is.

She spoke so freely about the rabbit being abandoned. Like she thinks its okay. That's quite strange, don't you think?

Like I said- I would be humiliated if I knew someone who did that.

If she so freely abandons it, keeps it in a hutch that needs to be replaced (even she admits that)- do you really think it gets any attention? Do you really think it gets fed every day?

Did you abandon your rabbit more than once? Did you keep it in a hutch that was in 'bad shape' and needed to be replaced? Would you want to give you rabbit away ASAP if you couldn't keep it any more?
I don't believe you are like that now.....I believe you are a great carer for you rabbit- you come on this site and we all learn about our pets when we get them. That person hasn't- I mean..how long have they had that rabbit? And they havn't bothered looking up anythign??

1) Alot of people don't know that bunnies we have as pets are different than the wild rabbits.

I didn't.

2) Alot of people think that bunnies are belong in the wild.

3) I would never be ashamed of what someone else does.

I do rescue work I know how bad things can be for these buns. I don't agree with what her sister is doing but she isn't doing it. She is trying to find it a home.

I'm not trying to be funny, but you don't know anymore than is in that ad. I'm not defending her actions, not for one minute, but no one knows the rest of the story.

The bunny could have had a brilliant life, but something got on top of her, for whatever reason, health, money, and she might have tried to give it to a rescue, but none will take it (i.e. if they are full). Do I think that is true? No, but it could be. She might think she is doing best, thinks that wild rabbits survive, so can hers, etc.

The most important thing is to get the rabbit away from her (and I'm talking about the sister here, not the person trying to find it a home), then tackle the rest of the issue. Sure, having a good rant and rave at her might help the person ranting and raving, but does it help her or any future pets? No, because all it will probably do is put her back up. she needs to be taught and educated, that way she will become less ignorant.

I totally don't agree with what she has done at all. I am actually thoroughly repulsed and disgusted by the actions, but the rabbit is the primary concern, and most likely, to get the rabbit away from her, a more tactful e-mail than a general rant would probably get the rabbit away safer (and that is not aimed at Crystalballl for offering to take her, far from it)

I understand it makes you angry Jen, totally, it makes me angry too. No bunny deserves that at all. I'm just saying that there could be more to it than we know.

I just hope that this bunny has a loving home somewhere, I truly do.

Yes I understand what u are saying. (btw not having a go at you if thats how it came across lol)
But anyone who would abandon their pet......is just.......grrrrrr:nonono:

People abandon their dogs too.....I just don't understand it.

I'm just so angry that she could think that abandoning the rabbit again and again adn keeping it in a bad hutch is acceptable...

Yeah Flashy you sound completely right and make a lot of sense.
I do agree with you but I guess anger gets the better of us sometimes.

Maybe there is another side to the story- i doubt it too- but I guess you cant judge unless you know it all.

jcottonl02 wrote:
Yes I understand what u are saying. (btw not having a go at you if thats how it came across lol)
But anyone who would abandon their pet......is just.......grrrrrr:nonono:

People abandon their dogs too.....I just don't understand it.

I'm just so angry that she could think that abandoning the rabbit again and again adn keeping it in a bad hutch is acceptable...
Ugh I know the guy who runs are complex has two min pins and one was found tied to a tree in the woods, the other in a tiny crate on the side of the road.

Moominmoo wrote:
jcottonl02 wrote:
I do agree with you but I guess anger gets the better of us sometimes.
Indeed is does. Hopefully ranting has helped get it out a bit :)
Yup. I have to be very open with what I do. Very calm. Though my lips say one thing my brain says another.

Omg you're not serious. Oh I don't want to believe you.........:(:(:(:(:(:(

At the vets I work at there was a rabbit from a nursery that got flystrike. We cleaned it up and it amazingly got better (doesn't happen all the time). It went back to the nursery. It didn't get the aftercare it needed. It died.
It died after surviving fly strike- just becuase it wasn't paid much attention to, being at the nursery, and didn't get the aftercare.............

Yeah it has a little- I didn't rant to her though, which is probably for the best, like you said lol. A good old rant here is good enough to let it out lol!

Oh you've changed ur name! I'll stop calling you Flashy- although if I do again sorry its habit lol!

Also, JadeIcing, not giving your buns that much attention is totally different to keeping them in a horrible hutch and abandoning them. I don't for a minute think that you were ever a bad owner- I really don't want my rant to make u think that lol!

lol okay :D

BTW how did ur name moominmoo come about?

Latest posts

Back