Calendar

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher

Reaction score
I know its somewhere, I know I have missed it, Iknow all this fliddyflappin stuff is buried somewhere amongst themillions of zillions of posts-so would someone be so kind as to bump itup for me or to answer my most ignorant question....

How do we get our little paws on such a calender? Is it even possible,I just read about the "members have voted" and there are only 6 comingout..I PLEAD UNORGANIZATION for not following what has been happeningwith this...*cough cough*

forgive moi?

Cher

LOL, Cher you're great.

I'm not quite sure it's been decided who gets one! I know someonesuggested raffling them off, but not sure if anything was decided.

Dearest Cher,

Aren't you a doll for even wanting one, especially with your girls not being in it.

Like MBB, I really don't know how we're going to go about deciding who gets the few we have printed.

-Carolyn

I know it's for charity, but maybe there's someway for those of us (not the six) who don't get one, can somehow stillget one printed for ourselves?

Not sure how those things work...

Honestly, I'm not sure that this venue is going to create enough ofrevenue to give it to a charity. Don't know of how clear the pictureswill be either.

Once I learn how to get it camera ready for the printing press, itmight be easy to have it printed, but I won't know until I sit with thePrinter and go through what is necessary to proceed.

It's going to be an 11x17 piece of paper folded in half, that I do know.

-Carolyn

That makes sense. The size I mean.

Ugh, not feeling too hot today for some reason. Think I overdid it withthe turkey yesterday, gobbling stuffing, then making myself eat somepumpkin pie just because it was there.

I even gave my cat a bellyache!

I feel since there is an limited amount ofcalendars that the members who have their pictures in the calendarshould get first dips. I don't need a calendar as I've made my own withmy own rabbits. However, the only thing I ask is to make sure each andevery picture has credit to the person that took the photo.It seems as if we do this next year it will go over well.

~*~Amanda~*~

I checked with a printer today and on a glossy 11x17 calendar, color,printed - 24 calendars in total, it would cost about $2 perpage...bringing it to about $24 per calendar. Having CVS print one, itwould be starting at $30 per calendar if people wanted to do their own.

If somebody wants it, I'll look into sending it with the program viathe email. You might be able to foward it onto a printer near you anddo it.

Going through my School, I'm not sure that it will be in color, and itwon't be on glossy, but at this rate, I'll take what I can get. It's alearning experience for all of us.

Each picture will have a credit under it as to the photographer, therabbit's name and owner. If you wish to put down your rabbitry name, aswell, Amanda, by all means...please do.

:)

-Carolyn

did you guys check into Staples? im incanada and theyre only $19.99 for a 12 month 8.5x11 flip calendar oncardstock.. and since all the images are digital, makes iteven easier! just a thought :)

At London Drugs they're only $13.99 CDN and they're on photo paper.

Very Interesting, Spiced77.

Hmmmmm...didn't know Staples did that. It's not easy for me to get to a Staples.

I'm going to stay on the path I'm on with my guy at the School becauseI already solicited his help and he agreed. From what I understood fromthe printer in town today, everyone would have to send me their digitalpicture so that it would print on as an 8x10. We could go a smallersize, but the gentleman I'm working with and I already agreed we'd workwith an 11x17 size in total.

If it gets into a hassle with him and his time, this might definitelybe the way to go. We could all get the same formatted calendar and justhave them do it.

So glad we have access to a Staples.

That's very helpful and might prove to be the way we go for some people if we have to resort to that.

Thank you.

-Carolyn

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
At London Drugs they're only $13.99 CDN and they're on photo paper.

I love England So Much! :dude:

We don't have a London Drugs down here, at least I don't in my area.

-Carolyn

After we get thefinal copies of the photos all on one disk it shouldn't be a big dealto send it to one person who could burn copies for whomever would likethem (I'd be happy to do it) those people can pay a small amount tocover the cost of disks and postage. Perhaps a couple dollars towardour original idea for charity and then they can take the disk to theclosest print shop, Wal-Mart or use their own home computer program andmake their own calendar. That way everyone who wants a calendar canhave one!

Raspberry

I don't really knowmuch about those kinds of things, butonce your name/rabbitryetc. was put on the photo it would purposefully have to be removed.Iguess you would just have to make the decision whether ornot you wanted to release that photo for this purpose. I really don'tknow what the proper procedures are for that kind of thing. I think itwould be a bad deal if we decided not to try to provide the othermembers with a calendar for fear of copyright infringements and suchwhen that was the original intention of this project. Have you dealtwith this before or do you have a suggestion?

Raspberry

No I don't have experience with copy right.However, these pictures are out on the internet already. So I guess itdoesn't really matter.

cant you just find a site or start an email chainto email the pictures to peoples who are interested in one of thecalenders then they can put it to a disk or CD then take it to thestore of their choice on their own and have their own expenses forwhich ever type of calendar they want such as size paper etc?

Just an idea heheh im not to computer smart so I might just be blowing off some hot air cause Im wrong but who knows?

Marie

Marie, the problemyou get into with e-mailing the files or using an Internet hosting siteis that most of those sites and most mail boxes limit the size offiles. In order for your photos to be large enough for the calendar, Ithink we are talking 8x10? and for them to print nicely, they have tobe a large file. For example...I use photobucket to link to this forum.Photobucket automatically downsizes to 250k. I think if you find one ofmy photos on this forum and then print it off in an 8x10 size you willsee what I'm trying to explain.

Raspberry

WOW did I ever bring up what I thought was just alil question LOL-My dear Carolyn, even though I might be Jaden andJezebel's *cough* mudder, I would loooooove one of others-BUT as to notpile on any added stress this is just a side matter that can be figuredout later-

/bow

hehe

Cher

Actually,Cher.....it's been a question asked my many, many...MANY...others!We've been trying to figure out how we are going to deal with it!:?

Raspberry

Latest posts

Back