Cage Size and Dirt Help!?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aimeebabe

Reaction score
Hi, I have two questions here if you don't mind me asking. What is the minimum size cage for two outdoor bunnies? The cage that Aimee and Flopsy is in is smallish now but it is hard to grab them as the are very territorial. How can I get a big enough cage but still be ale to grab them?

Also, my bunnies love to dig. I like to encourage their natural instincts by putting one half of the cage covered in dirt and another in hay but no matter where I put their food and water, they get covered in dirt. They also dig out their food so it's everywhere!!!

Sorry if that's more than two questions but I really need some advice here! See ya!!:biggrin:

I've housed all of my bunnies indoors. I don't care to house them outdoors, but I know there are many that do. Here is a link to someone in the UK who houses her bunnies outdoors. I really like her outdoor set-up. Perhaps seeing her set-up will give you some ideas...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXKe5tuw47A&list=UUd6pSPaouhX84B33rdAP_LA&index=7&feature=plcp&noredirect=1[/ame]

(let me know if the link doesn't work)

lol @ "Not too much talking over the top as the neighbour had his kitchen window open and would probably think I'm even more mental than he already thinks haha.."... and at calling them "troublemaker 1" and "troublemaker 2" - makes me think of thing 1 and thing 2 from dr. seuss :p

I've never had outdoor bunns either... mine are totally spoiled with almost the entire living room penned off for them, plus a huge condo. I've gotta say, those outdoor bunnies in the video look at LEAST as spoiled as my indoor bunns! I really like the set-up - lots of protection from the elements plus lots of room to run around and munch.

re: the food digging... are you talking about the hay or the pellets getting scattered everywhere? if it's the pellets, is it a mix that has stuff other than just plain pellets in it? I ask because those are actually quite bad for bunnies and tend to encourage them to dig through their food in search of the junk food bits.

Ours only get pellets once a day, so they don't waste them. Only have indoor bunnies so don't have much knowledge with outdoor rabbits except the ones my father had, and that was 60 plus years ago.

Latest posts

Back