Butterfinger.....My little Butter boy...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh hun I am so sorry to hear this. I know how much you loved him.

I always loved seeing his beautiful pictures. We will all miss him so much.

Please dont blame yourself. We're here for you if you need to talk. :hug2:

Rest in peace sweet boy. You were so loved :bunnyangel:

We are all here for you, Diana. We all loved Butter. He was one of the most attractive rabbits on the forum. I just love torts and broken torts.

PM me, MSN me, or AIM me....if you need to talk (screen names are in my profile).

Rest in Peace and Binky free, Butterfinger :rainbow::rabbithop.

Thank you so much, to everyone who replied....
It's very comforting to know that Butter was important to more people than just me, and that he won't just be gone and forgotten to the rest of the world. Thank you again, everyone.
I tried to go to sleep after I wrote that entry,....
I couldn't do it. Every time I closed my eyes, I'd just start crying all over again. I picked up a book--any book-- and read it. It was enough to distract me just enough to keep from crying, but whenever I thought I was exhuasted enough to go to sleep... no, the tears came back. Everything came back, and I just couldn't stop sobbing.
My room-mate even came in and asked me if I was okay....
She hardly ever talks to me, because we're both very quiet people, but she did then.

This morning, after I'd finally somehow fallen asleep (Probably around 5:30 am ), I woke up about eleven. At first, I just felt numbness... and then the rears returned. But I didn't want to just leave everything the way it was... so I got up, and went to cleaning up.
I cleaned out Butter's pen, scrubbed everything with bleach, boiled his food dish and water bottle nozzle in hot water for a while. Then I took apart his NIC cage and put away all the panels, and rolled up the plastic mat. I vaccuumed wherever he'd been.

He watched me, from inside that terrible box.

Finally, I left the house to walk to the vet's. I asked them about cremation, and they told me that a general cremation would be $45 and a private cremation (Where I'd get his ashes) would be $110.
I went back home and said goodbye to my little boy...
I cut off some of his hair and put it in a small cloth bag, so I'd always have something of him.... and then I took him for one last vet trip.
He won't come back this time.

I couldn't go to school today, but at least I feel as if everything's all been tied up and done.
I never really stopped crying... but I might be a little better tomorrow... I don't have any classes tomorrow.
....His corner of the room looks so empty.......

Thank you again, everyone who cares...

~Diana

Butterfinger wrote:
I cut off some of his hair and put it in a small cloth bag, so I'd always have something of him....

I read of this thing where people take hair from thier pets or human hair and have it solidified (sp?) inside of a glass pendant, and they wear it as a necklace on a chain, that way he is always close to your heart.

Would you be interested in something like this? I could look up a few websites that do this and more information on it, and PM you the information.

:hug:

Undergunfire:

That seems like a pretty good idea.... I'd be interested, if it doesn't cost too much. If it does, I'll be fine with just his bag of fur.....it's pendant-sized anyway. (I put it in my purse)

Im so sorry Diana, again. If there is anything I can do, let me know. Really.

Butter, you were so beautiful. I know i'll miss you.

I AM NOT THERE

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.
- Author Unknown

I thought of this poem when I heard about Butter, I just want you to know he will never be dead to us :hug: .

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. PLEASE don't blame yourself. As Naturstee said, aspen is safe. There must have been some underlying cause that led to the litterbox issues. I have a girl with horrible litterbox habits, and I'm sure it is related to the fact that she has a really high EC titer that is affecting her kidneys or is affecting her neurologically. There must have been something else going on with Butter. I also had a bun who died really suddenly, practically overnight, and to this day I don't know why.

Please don't feel like youruined him or killed him. You gave him a wonderful home and you gave each other a lot of happiness. Sometimes its just out of our hands. He was a beautiful boy.

oh no, i am so sorry. butterfinger was the custest little bundle of fluff. that must have been hard cleaning all his stuff. it wasnt your fault. just remember the good times.
ani-lover
:bunnydance::pink iris::bunnyangel:

I really like the poem that Phinnsmommy posted, it does seem fitting of Butterfinger. I'm glad you got some stuff done today that at least might help you feel a little better and that you don't have class tomorrow. Good idea to keep some of his fur. I wish I'd thought of that when my bunny died. I was thinking about Butterfinger all day today. :hug:

Diana, please know that I couldn't speak earlier. It's so hard. I am so sorry you lost Butters, but know it's not your fault. You have to.

Butterfinger, I adored you sweetness. So did Mum.:rainbow:

Never forgotten, Butterfinger...:rip:.

Thank you so much, everyone.... That poem was beautiful...
Everything is gone and done, and I've come to the reluctant acceptance that he's gone. Not to say that I'm no longer sad.
I don't think I'll stop being sad for -quite- some time, but I accept that sadness now...
I've also come to the conclusion that although it hurts far too much at the moment to do anything, I will eventually get another rabbit. Rabbits have been a part of my life as far back as I have memories. There has never been any period of years or time that I have not had rabbits in the family (Even as my rabbit before Butter, Blackberry, died those years ago...Butter was there in the cage next to hers. )
So when I feel it's right, I will find another. But it will not replace Butter. I don't want another lop, or any rabbit that even remotely looks like him. The breeds I considered before last night, as companions for Butter, came to mind today.
Expect to see something like a Belgian Hare, Netherland Dwarf, Lionhead, English Spot....
I may try to get one over this coming Winter Break (Late December). I know I won't be completely done mourning by then, but the hurt will have dulled, and I know another rabbit will replace the emptiness, and help me heal.....
Funny, one of the reasons I first got Butter was to help heal my depression (It worked). Odd that he should be the cure, and now the cause....
I think I'm going to take Undergunfire's suggestion and buy a memorial necklace to put the fur I have from him in. He'll always be with me, that way. Always very close.
I miss him already....
It's been especially difficult, as I have no significant other, and my friends and family are all miles away.... I never knew how hard being alone was, until there was no one to hold me and tell me everything was alright and that they missed him too.
My kitten....Kadaj...it's like he knew. He's stayed with me the whole day, laying on me when I'd sit or lie down, and purring.... This morning, he put his paw on my arm and looked at me. I took it off, because I thought he was just stepping on me, but he put it back, keeping his gaze steady.
I know that was him telling me he knew.....He knew, and it was okay.

Oh no! I am just seeing this and I couldn't believe it was true. He was such an adorable boy, and I know you loved him so much. I am so very sorry.

I think keeping his fur in some kind of pendant is a nice idea. And yes, when you have had time to grieve, then consider another bunny - you have so much love to give to another. Of course, they will never replace Butterfinger, but compliment him instead.

Thinking of you

Jan

Thank you, Jan...

Just when I thought I'd come to accept Butter's death, I wake up this morning to find my little hamster coughing.
Are you SURE Aspen bedding is okay? That's the only thing those two had in common, aside from air, and I just couldn't bear to have her in the stuff any longer.
I took her out, washed her cage in bleach (Rinsing THUROUGHLY of course) and filled it with my cat's litter, Good Mews. It's a pellet-type litter made 100% of recycled newspaper, and was the only thing I was sure was safe.
Oh, my Mochi..... I couldn't bear to lose you, too..... Please hang in there for me, little girl.

Diana, I am glad you are going to buy one of those pendants to put his hair in. I think it really is a lovely idea. I wish I had done something like that when my heart rat passed away, which will be a year ago on November 6th.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

EDIT TO ADD: I think the Good Mews bedding is a good idea. If you don't feel safe with Aspen, then do not use it. It is dusty sometimes, that could be why your hammie could be coughing.

Oh no, Diana I am so so sorry. :(:hug2:I'm just seeing this, computer has been stupid, had to get a new one.

I can't believe Butter is gone, I remember you saying when Pebble died that you kept imaging you'd be typing this thread. :cry2

Binky free Butter boy, we will all miss you so so much. :rainbow:

I like the idea of the fur too - I have some of Berri's and Pebble's, I never knew it could be made into a pendant, I will look that up too.

I am so sorry Diana.

I will miss seeing more of the beautiful pictures you take of Butterfinger. Maybe in time you will get another bunny or bunnies. And then you can spoilthem with the same love you had with Butterfinger.

Binky Free Butterfinger. Your mommy loves you.

Rainbows :pink iris:

Back