Butterfinger.....My little Butter boy...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butterfinger

Reaction score
It's all my fault....
I should have known...somehow. I always had a bad feeling about the Aspen bedding, but everyone said it was okay, and I used it, and I can't help but think that's what killed my little boy..... Other thoughts run through my head, "You shouldn't have tried to litter train him for so long. He was so messy in the end, it must have killed him."
But today....it must have been about a half an hour ago, I Heard Butter shuffling around in his cage, like he couldn't get comfortable....but also like he was having trouble moving his back legs. He would lie down funny, and get up, and lie down again.
I went over there, fear starting to clutch at my heart as I called his name uneasily.
The moment I turned on the light, I knew my boy was dying.
I picked him up and held him in my lap, stroking him and rubbing his tummy, in the desperate hope that it was stasis and I could bring him out of it.
After a minute or so, I knew it was hopeless, though I kept rubbing his tummy, petting him, and begging him to be alright...not to leave me....
After what seemed like an hour, but was only few minutes later, he went into a seizure. Then he died in my arms.

I can't stop crying.
I don't know what to do.
I've lost my little boy....my little Butter..... I put him in the box I keep his hay in, and closed it.. I don't know what to do...I can't bury him, I live in an apartment. I don't want to throw him away.... I couldn't possibly... Oh Butter, I'm so sorry....

Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry.... I know I killed you.... I'm so sorry.....

Here are pictures of the way you should be.....would still be....if I hadn't taken you here and ruined you. Oh Butter....

ButterandDaisy13.jpg

Butter1-3.jpg

ISAIDareYOUtalkintoME.jpg

ButterOnLawn4.jpg

I'm so sorry.... my little boy......... I'm sorry....

Oh gosh,i'm so sorry about Butter

About where to bury him,is there any way that you could bury him at a family member's home or something,or a close friend of yours.

I'm so so sorry :(

Take Care

Cheryl

Oh Diana, I'm so sorry... :cry1:

It wasn't the bedding, Aspen is perfectly safe, it's not your fault.

Please tuck him in in his little box, wrap the box in plastic and put the box in the fridge, and tomorrow, phone some vets fora necropsy and cremation.

You really should find out the problem, but I suspect whatever itwas, it led to the litter issues, not vice-versa.

You gave him the best care possible. He had a great life, he was a much-loved bunny.

:rip: Butterfinger

sas :sad:

Please, try not to blame yourself, but I know that feeling oh too well. Don't be too hard on yourself, it's bad enough you have lost your little friend without having the guilt too.

I really am sorry for your loss - it's heartbreaking I know.

I'm so sorry about your little Butter Boy. I really loved his cute face and I will miss seeing it.

Sometimes because bunnies are just so sensitive to things, they just get sick. Nothing we did or didn't do causes the issue - it just happens.

RIP Butterfinger - we'll miss you

Oh no! Not Butterfinger! :bawl: I don't know much about him, but I've ever since I saw his picture (your avatar, you were the first person to welcome me to the board) the first time (your avatar, you were the first person to welcome me to the board) I thought he was one of the absolute cutest bunnies I've ever seen. I love his brown muzzle and the little poof of fur between his ears, just want to give him a squeeze. Such a love. I wish I had told you before how much I admire him, you can just see his personality shining through in his pictures. Just last night we were at Petco and I wanted to get a harness like what Butterfinger has and was thinking how darn adorable he is. The picture of him with the daisies that says "I'm no pansy, I'm a daisy" made me laugh, I think I'm going to make it my desktop wallpaper.

I'm so, so sorry about your Butter baby... I'm all crying too and I didn't even know him. I'm sorry this happened and I'm sure it was not your fault. I know it's hard not to feel guilty just in case there was a shred of a chance it was related to something you did (I feel the same way about Cinnabun's death and he died 5 1/2 years ago), but it really wasn't... maybe it would help you feel better if a necropsy were done or something? I don't know Butterfinger's story, but I'm sure he knew he was loved and was happy in his time spent with you. Whatever you do, don't feel guilty for giving him a wonderful home. As for the burial, Cinny was cremated and I have his ashes. The thought of him burning disturbed me a lot, but my mom wanted him cremated and I do like having a little bit of him still. Have you considered cremation?

Enjoy heaven, sweet Butterfinger :rainbow:

i'm so sorry. what a handsome bunny he was. don't blame yourself--rabbits are fragile creatures. i second everything Pipp said.

butter is smiling down on you and missing his bunny parent who loved him very much.

:nosir::sad::tears2:Out of all the bunnies on the forum Butter was always one of my favarites. At this moment i have tears in my eyes. Diana, do not blame yourself for this accident. I truly hope you will be ok .I love you Butter now and forever!

Binky free Butter Boy:rainbow:

Love Hannah:pray:

P.S. My PM box is always open

Oh Dianna I'm so sorry for your loss of Butter.

Binky Free at the Bridge Butter. Your Mommie Loved you so much.

Susan:angelandbunny:

Oh, I'm so sorry about Butters. His passing could've been any number of things, please don't beat yourself up. We all love you and Butters.

I'm sure he was so grateful for taking him with you when you moved. Many others wouldn't have.

Binky free, Butters.

Oh beautiful Butter Boy...you are so loved, and will be so missed...

I know what you're going through, Sweetie...I lost my Drew right as yesterday began...Peg and I both feel so responsible, even though in my case and in yours, there was nothing anyone could have done, no way anyone could've known. I know we feel responsible when a loved one dies, animal or human. We can always think of this or that thing that could've or should've been done. But honestly I think when it's their time, there's nothing in the world that can prevent it, except that person or animal's right to try to hang on so they can be with their loved ones for a short time in the end.

Peg thinks she could have done more (though she did EVERYTHING right, and everything she could have to prevent it), I kick myself because about a month ago, I got a wild hair and was going to bring the three of them home, but let myself get talked out of it, and thereby never got time with my little girl.

We all kick ourselves, Sweetie...it's okay...it's part of the process I think (even though I'm not done kicking myself yet, and I'm certainly not done grieving)...and I'm here for you if you need me. We can all grieve together.

Feel free to message me if you have a MSN Messenger account: [email protected]

I don't mind sharing it here...it's on my profile anyway.

And that offer is extended to anyone that's lost a furbaby recently...I'm here if you need someone to talk to or cry with...

Love to you and yours, Sweetie...

Rosie*

Diana i am so so sorry i know nothing will make you feel any better at the moment but the picture you did for me of Floyd, would you believe he went in the same way, he wasn't on that bedding and it seemed to come on suddenly that his back legs seemed stiff he lasted a wee while but not long and i went through the exact same thing as you also hoping it was stasis. I know its not much comfort to you right now but it came on really quick with Floyd too.

I had Floyd cremated and put his ashes along with moomies and my heart bun Dido into a pot with an apple tree that can go wherever i do. i like knowing they are near.

Binky free Butterfinger :rose:

Gosh I am so sorry about Butterfinger. I always found him adorable. I am really sorry you had to go through that. :tears2:

RIP lil Butterfinger :rainbow:

:bigtears:Ohhhh... I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry! I LOVED Butter. He was one of my favorit bunnies on the forum!! (I don't mean to offened anyone)

*sniff* I feel terrible. Why do all the specile bunnies leave so soon? :tears2:

I'm sure he's happy were ever he is now.:rip:

Binky free Butter, we'll never forget you.:rainbow:

-TK :hug2:

P.S. If your sure that it's the aspen litter, mabye you should put a warning out so other people won't have to go through what you have. :cry4:

I'm so sorry Diana. Please don't blame yourself for this. I really don't see how you could have caused this. Aspen is perfectly safe. I agree with Pipp- call a vet and have him do a necropsy and then cremate him for you. If you want, you can keep his ashes in an urn so you can always take him with you, or scatter or bury his ashes in a place you think is appropriate.

:hug:

I am deeply sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing pictures of him -- he looks so happy in the sun! Rest in peace, Butter. :bunnyangel:

Back