Buster the lionhead bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your hair looks great, it´s just like my friends hair cut and you have such thick hair...I´m so jealous, mine is really a mess at the moment but can´t decide what to do.

I love the pictures of Buster, he´s such a cute little fellow, makes me want to hug him.

Bag sounds, mine can tell the difference between their food, bananas, salad and cleaning time. They are just too smart for their own good sometimes lol.

Your hair (and busters hair too) looks great :) clearly it runs in the family ;)

Thank you! Wow hair down to your rear! I cannot imagine such a thing. The longest my hair got was to my ribs. And it's sooo thick, I can't stand it.

Rabbits are masters of the different bag sounds. They know! They know the differences! Sooo smart!!! :)
I'm a lazy butt too, why do you think I'm always on RO and my other forum! Lol! But once you get the hang of it it's really fun. I didnt think I would be any good at it because I have horrible coordination and timing altogether . But somehow I can do it. I have a bunch of beginner stuff if you would like it I can email it, because before you jump into training you have to have a foundation of clicker mechanics to start from, it's important especially to rabbits because I feel that they can be more sensitive to your movement and your speed, (rather than dogs, they seem more forgiving lol). But after that it's really easy. There's this book you can order it super mega cheap on amazon, it's called "clicker train your rabbit" by Joann Orr. I haven't bought it yet because I am reading too many books right now, then I want to start watership down and I want to re-read "the host" before it comes to theatres lol. Anyway, check out that book. From what I hear it's awesome and I have seen Joann Orr's work and she's just great.

Lol, great hair does run in the family I think haha. Both my parents ...had... Great thick hair and there's parents have always had beautiful hair

Katie, it all sounds really interesting and I was thinking of buying the clicker training thing as mine are quite smart and I´m sure they´d pick it up. Would love if you could send me the beginner´s stuff and I´ll try and get hold of the book on amazon.

Yes, your hair is gorgeous and it falls so nicely, you are lucky that it runs in the family.

I´ve just got Watership Down on my kindle to read again, it´s such a great book and I haven´t read it since I was at school and that is way too long ago lol.

My hair is super thick too, my mom likens it to a horse tail. lmao. Its an animal and we named it Seymour. He eats bobby pins on a regular basis and loves them. I used to start the day with 4 bobby pins and sometimes I would go to sleep with them and wake up with 2. No sign of the pins, not in the bed, on the pillow or in the blankets. Just gone because Seymour would eat them. True story.

I think I'll do some research of clicker training. I'll check it out. haha. I'm just so lazy.

Lol Seymour! So before you go out and your hubby says "ok go let's get ready! Hun, I think you need to comb Seymour...." Lol. Right?

Ok I will find and scan some beginner stuff and send it to your email so pm me your address.

I just bought Watership Down last night for my iPad and have been reading it almost all day.
It's really good!

So today was a really crappy day, my really really really old cat Tiger, Meatmeats, or me-me, well he had been feeling really great since we took him to the vet 7 weeks ago but yesterday he was vomiting and I could tell he felt bad, he staggered around like a drunk, and fell over a couple times so I checked to see if he was dehydrated and sure enough, he was. So I got some Gatorade and mixed it with water and gave him 3ccs each hour for as long as I could remember and I hoped he would be better by today but when I woke up this morning I went to find him and he was on the carport laying in the sun and I go to see him and he was quite limp. So I thought holy crap, what do I do? If we take him to the vet they will for sure put him down I think. And I thought about it and I looked in his eyes and I could tell he was suffering. So I told him again about the rainbow bridge, in case he had forgot. And told him he might go there today. So, sobbing I called my dad, Poppy, and he said okay don't worry I will be there ASAP! So I let Meatmeats drink some water and do whatever, I let him in the house one more time, he went and looked inside of Roscos food bowl as he loves to do, and I stead of going to see Buster he laid on the welcome mat. So Poppy got here and we rushed to the vet and told them we have a cat emergency! And they gladly took him (**** right we have been their patients since 1994) so they said that his swollen kidney is even more swollen and I felt it and it was hard and big! Also he had actually lost weight! Must have been just over these few days because he was doing soooo good! So Poppy and I decided that we couldn't make a decision but then poppy said ok I will make the decision, we need to put him down, look at him. And he was so pitiful lol, he kept trying to find a comfortable place to lay on that table and so he did. Anyway they came back with the sedative and we said our goodbyes and our i love yous and I told him I would never get another cat again bc he was the best cat, he was like a dog. We gave him the blue towel we wrapped him in and they said they would do the other shot now so we said we would definitely have to leave, I guess I should have stayed to hold his wee little paw but it's obviously too late now lol. But yeah, so they're going to call us when his ashes are ready to be picked up. He had a long and happy life :')

I wanted to say I am so very sorry for your loss. Just a few weeks ago we lost one of our cats. She was 15 years old and my husband had her since she was a kitten. Your cat is was very handsome. May he rest in peace.

I'm so sorry to hear about meat meats unfortunately urinary and kidney issues are very common for male cats. He was gorgeous and I'm sure he lived a great life with you!!! Hopefully now he's resting in peace..

Aww I'm sorry about your kitty too. I've never lost a pet before. I had Tiger since he was a kitten too, of course I got him in 98 or 99 so I don't remember a whole lot because I was only 8 at the time. But at least we have made great memories to look back on :) thank you. I think he's handsome too with his big ole ears. Lol.

I'm so sorry. I'll be honest, I cried when I read that and then couldn't come back to your page to say I was sorry for a little while. Its really hard to lose them, I've lost my fair share of cats and its always so hard.
He looks sort of like my barn cat Bronco, but Bronco is like 3 times Meatmeats size. He's roaming free over the bridge, eating the dog food he loves.

And yes, my husband tells me to tame Seymour all the time. Or he tells me Seymour is trying to kill him in his sleep because he's suffocating him. lmao.

Aw I'm sorry I made you cry lol! Thank you. Meatmeats loved to eat the dog food too lol. They're goofy like that. He was like our barn at except we have no barn, only a shed lol.

Lol! I knew it. That's too funny. Seymour. Why is it a male? Lol. I decided many years ago that my stomach is male bc it makes manly noises and eats a lot. Ha.

I don't know why its male. My hair dresser just decided to name it Seymour a few years ago and it stuck. haha. And he's always been a boy. I guess he's a boy because he doesn't listen and is incredibly difficult. lmao.

Katie, another one here who cries at everything nowadays but it does so upset me to read of a loss like that when they´ve lived with you all their lives. I had a dog who I had from 4 weeks and she lived 17 years and I had to let her go as she became very ill as well. It was one of the hardest things I´ve ever had to do.

He was a lovely looking boy and it was great seeing him with Rosco, our boxer absolutely hated cats but loved our rabbit and used to follow him round everywhere. My friend has a cat just like that and although I´m not such a cat person, I do love it when I visit and she jumps on me for cuddles and she loves being stroked.

He´s free of suffering now and you absolutely did the right thing, don´t ever doubt that. Long may he enjoy on the other side.

Thank y'all. I think at first it didnt feel like he was gone but now it's sinking in. Thank God Leo is so patient and welcomes me to cry on his shoulder. We have a surveillance system and everytime I look at the screen at the different cameras I expect to see him and I don't. When I go outside to let the dog pee, I expect to see him and I don't. Then I see his little paw prints he left behind on his favorite chair, and Rosco keeps looking for him and can't. It's getting quite depressing and it's been raining and just plain cloudy.

Buster has been extra clowny I think lol. He must know I need some cheering up. So has Rosco but his clowniness is almost annoying. Been getting into mischief and stuff. *shame shame* But he is probably just bored as hell as I been trying to stay inside. Just ran out of vegetables, :( poor Buster, now in the morning he comes to the kitchen and waits for his veggies and I had to give him a Cheerio instead, he liked that but he wanted more, when y'all run out what do you do until you go back to the store? I gave him a teeny tiny handful of pellets because I felt bad for him. :( I wish the crepe myrtles would hurry and bloom

Oh, also I did my taxes. I really hate it. :mad: I was going to do them on turbotax but it told me I owed $661 HA! No thank you. So I went to Jackson hewiitt at Walmart and they got little kids doing taxes! :0 she didn't know what the heck she was doing probably bc she is 19....so finally some older people got there and helped her. I had three women, THREE! Doing my taxes. I get $16 back, after I pay them of course. But hey, at least I don't have to pay in!

I'm sorry about your cat. It does take time to get used to them being gone. When I lost my rabbit this past summer, I would keep looking over at her cage everyday, expecting to see her, mostly out of habit I think. I'm glad you have your other animals to cheer you up.

There's not to much you can do if you run out of greens. You could give a little dried parsley. Baby carrots or oats are easy to keep on hand, but you would only want to give a little of those.

Latest posts

Back