Buster and Tucker's pics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Lyndsy. You are very kind to offer your help. I have figured out pretty much the basics of your cage. Boy is it very nice. I searched the web for cages like yours and yours is by far much nicer then ones I have found. Kudos to you and your man. A few questions though...

How did you make it to where the middle panels swing open as a door? Do you have a latch on the door to keep bunbuns in when needed? If so, how did you do that? Are the upper levels pretty sturdy as far as holding the bunbuns weight when they are on it? Do you have problems with the wood floors you put in slipping around? Thanks so much for your help!

That must have been so much fun watching then play with the toy trucks!I bet they looked like a couple of kids on Christmas morning when mommy let them in the toy room.

Keep those pictures coming! Your lil monkeys and really big monkey are such joys to read about and see pictures of. This is the first thread I go to!

OMG! I'm speechless and that I can tell you is a rare occurrence. He is positively Beautiful. What a beautiful baby. Now I gotta have him.

2kr5nl

2kr6m0

What breed is this gorgeous monkey. Since you won't share:pI want my own? Is he a Keeshund?

Tina

P.S. Please bore me like this Everyday Ok;)

OMG!:shock: Tina, how on earth did you know his breed? No one knows that! LMBO! Yes he is a keeshond. A small keesie though, they do get a bit bigger than he is, but i'll never own another breed, we just love his personality, and the disposition of the breed in general! BUT!!!! A LOT OF GROOMING! holey moley, I brush him for an hour EVERY day, and he goes to a professional groomer every 6 weeks. It can get quite pricey... but all in all VERY worth it!;)

Carolyn, I do agree, there's a definite cuteness overload in those pics! :p

Babbs, the whole cage is held together by zip ties, or multi purpose ties. So the door, is just zip tied down the one side. That allows it to swing open. As far as a locking device, we just use those plastic, multi-coloured,baby links. They can push it open a tiny bit,but not enough to get out.

The levels are VERY sturdy. Again they are just zip tied to the walls of the cage, and together. Then on top we put down some wood, within door/outdoor carpeting. To fasten the carpeting, we used two way,carpet tape, so there was not nails or staples in the cage. We also put the carpet on the ramps to keep them from slipping off them. On the bottom floor, we put peel and stick, linoleum(sp?) tiles, for easy clean up. They had troubles on the bottom floor, so now I put beach towels in their for them. They don't eat them, or chew them, so it's safe, and I change the towel every few days, as they are still undecided on where they would like the litter box to go!

As far as the weight goes for the levels, i'm not sure what size your bunny is, or if you have more than one in the cage, but in a more peaceful time, we had both Buster and Tucker living in the same cage,now they each have their own. If you go through the pics, you'll seethe big cage, that's Tuckers, because he's a massive Holland! and wee little Buster, gets the smaller one. Don't feel sorry for him though,they get about 4-5 hours of free run time a day, sometimes together,and sometimes separate...:)

If you have any more questions just ask!

Monkeys!:p

My parents had a Keeshondpuppythey named Keesha. Someone stole her out of the yard when she was only with them for 2 weeks. I'd not thought of her in a long time. Seeing Daytona reminded me of how much fun she was.

She used to get to running so fast her back end went faster than her front end. Baby girl would always end up doing somersaults around the yard.

Tina

Oh, Tina, that's very sad.:(

Unfortunately that's a VERY common thing. Keesies being stole right out of your own yard! It's a very scary thing. Daytona has been microchipped, and has ID coming outta his yingyang! but still a very scary thought!:X

Did you ever get to see her "CRAZY RUN" where they tuck their bottoms down to the ground, and run like nutz? I just love that, he does it on command now. All we have to say is, "crazy, crazy, crazies" and he goes, "crazy, crazy, crazies"! LMBO!:D

OMG I had forgotten about that. We used to laugh and laugh at this little ball of fluff trying to run. I've been wanting a dog for a long time. Dale is gone all the time and some company would be nice. I think I will look into finding a breeder.

I loved brushing Keesha. It was so relaxing for both of us. Thank you so much Sweetie.

Tina

Thanks Lyndsy. You have been a big help! I think I can manage it now. We have two 8 week oldmix baby buns we just "rescued" from a pet shop yesterday.

We bought them a 4 story cage for the time being but I want to make the NIC cage for them to give them a better home and more room for when they get bigger.

I am pulling for you and your monkeys' success in bonding! Hopefully all will be fine with them after the big "N" day. The bunbuns we just got are both males so I am paying close attention to your stories and hope for the best outcome for you! ;)

OH TINA! I do hope you get one! They're just the sweetest puppies. I want another one but the hubby says no for now...;)

Babbs- i'm glad you've figured it all out! I think it is a very good way to build a custom cage! It's cheap, and it can be as big or small as you'd like it to be!

I wish you the best of luck with your boys! I just loved your pics! encore encore!:)

Glad to see and read about "monkey"updates. I am now pondering which one of the three I want to"borrow" though. Do you think Daytona can fit into a duffel bag? Not that I would come over with one and try to take him...I was just curious...:p

Thanks Lyndsy! It is so neat how they have only been with me 3 days now but I thier personalities already have started to show! Too cute!

One more question about the cage and I swear I will stop bugging you.:pWhat did you use as the bottom base? Did you just use wood and attach the NIC cage to that or did you use the NIC panels to create the bottom and then put wood down over that? Hmmm, did any of that make sense? :?

You can do it either way...

We chose to use a piece of wood slightly larger than the cage itself. And then put the peel and stick tiles on that for easy cleaning!

You're NOT bugging me LOL!:p

ask any question you need... that's why we're ALL here!

"In the Jungle, The Mighty Jungle,
The Monkeys ssssleep tonigghtt.

In the Jungle, The Quiet Jungle:
The Monkey sleep toniggghtt...

Weeeeeee, Oooo weee ooo, Weee

Umm bumm booo daaaayy...."

:)

Thanks once again Lyndsy! :)This forum is great and very helpful.

Okay, since you said I could ask. (he he) How did you attach the cage to the bottom piece of wood? I have tried to figure it out but am not sure because I want it to be safe for the boys!

I too have to join Tina in the ever popular question!!!!! Anymore Buster and/or Tucker pics? Heck, pics of any of the monkeys in monkeyville would be good! :p

Carolyn, and Tina!:DYou guys are too funny! ISTILL have to get batteries for the camera!:(Sorry!

You should see how big the Monkeys aregetting!WOW!:shock:I looked at them today, and I swear they grew overnight! LMBO!:D Tucker is HUGE! It'll be interesting to see how much he weighs next week when we go to the vet! He's still the shy one though...

Buster on the other hand, is definitely NOT shy! He's sooooo full of it!;)He loves NOTHING more than to terrorize everyone! He currently has taken over our bedroom, and Tucker has taken over the playroom.

I let them out in the morning, one goes one way, the other another...:shock:I put a gate up in the hall to keep them separate, and they run, and hide under the beds, and binky ALL over the place!:DIt;s really funny to watch them...

My husband came down stairs today, and said "one of the rabbits peed on my shirt... but it's ok it was a Patriots shirt, you can't really blame them"! LMBO!:DIt was that saucy Buster... (by the way, we're cowboy fans) LMBO! Well I started laughing, I didn't believe him, I said my monkeys wouldn't do such things... he brought it down to show me! TWO VERY BIG ORANGE STAINS! ROFLMBO!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I went out and bought them each a new toy yesterday! It's a sisal(sp?)rattle. They LOVE them. Tucker got the carrot, and Buster got the corn!

By the way Tina, did you get any of that spring mix yet? The monkeys just LOVE that stuff! When they here dishes now they think they ' are getting salads.. LMBO!:p

Babs, all you need to do is, place the cage part on top of the base.Then mark where you'd like the zip ties to go, with a marker. Drill the holes out, but not too big, just enough to get the zip ties through.than fasten the two together with the zip ties!:)Does that make ANY sense?:?I hope so, if not, or you have any more questions, just let me know!

What Monkeys lol. I noticed that the other day. I was looking at all the pics you've posted and wow they are getting so big so fast. What a treat that you have allowed us all to be a part of it.

I can't wait to hear their weights. Should be interesting lol.

Your hubby should feel privileged. A monkey marked him :shock::p.

My horse is such a rough and tumble boy. He loves the dust pan& broom, newspaper and movie case. I wish he'd play with cute toys.:(I have not got Wollo any salad. With all that was going on I was afraid it might stress his system more. Now that he is feeling better and is twitch free he can try some now.

Apollo says thank you for looking out for him. We were missing our Monkey update. But, now don't take this wrong but ummm You are an awesome reporter but I'm afraid you left us one Monkey shy.;)

Tina

AH YES!

DAYTONA!!!!!

Well the reason he wasn't apart of that report was, he was at the groomer today... and Tina i'm sure you remember you kees fur, but it takes about 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours to groom him!

So sorry about that!;)

Well he's back! and with a new hair do! I was having problems keeping it brushed, according to the groomer Daytona has an unusual amount of fur, even for his breed! So I asked if she would trim it back JUST A BIT!

WELL! HOLEY MOLEY! His fur is ALL GONE!:?She didn't shave him she just trimmed it up a little too short! LMBO!:)He looks like a puppy again. I'll HAVE to get some batteries to show this hairdo, it's sooooooo cute! I'm not too sure if HE likes either. Tonight on his walk, he wouldn't stop to talk to ANYONE, and that's NOT like my boober smoobs, at all! He LOVES to socialize, with people, and monkeys of course. After all he thinks he's both...;)

Right now as I type, Daytona's laying at my feet chewing his "good boy bone" he got from the butcher today, Tucker is playing in the playroom,and Buster has just been sitting here staring at Daytona. I think he'd like that bone... LMBO! he's been eyeing it up:p

All is well in Monkeyville for yet another day...

Love,

lyndsy wrote:
My husband came down stairs today, and said "one of the rabbits peed on my shirt... but it's ok it was a Patriots shirt, you can't really blame them"!
?

HEY!

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME, Buster

Everybody Knows Your Name!

Baaaaddd Boy.

No - No - No.

You Be Nice!

-Carolyn

Poor Daytona. Boy you are lucky I don't live closer or I would give that lady what for. Making my baby feel self conscious, that's just wrong. I love you no matter what. You poor Monkey in Training.

I'm glad mommy got you a treat. Now you just have to keep your monkey bro off it. Did he watch Night of the Lepus:shock:. Maybe you and your bone should sleep in mom and dad's room.

Tina

Hello again!

So today was another mess in the jungle! LMBO!

I woke up and followed the usual morning routine!

after Daytona went to check up on the monkeys, he went out to have his morning romp. He came in acting a little weird. Thinking VERY little about the whole thing, I had a shower. After I was finished, I opened the blind in the bedroom. Looking out I realized that there was a small cat in the neighbors yard. Now I knew they didn't have a cat, and that thier dog has tried to on MANY occasions eat Daytona. SO! I knew I had to get that cat outta there! and FAST!

I went over to their door, and knocked hoping they would answer...

NOTHING!

So I waited, knocking over and over...

No one answered!

So I went back to my yard, and Daytona, and my Gandelf, our stray cat,are both upset about the whole thing... not knowing what else to do, I hopped the fence! The cat came running toward me meowing, and crying. I picked the little thing up and put him in my jacket, and hopped back over the fence.

On closer inspection, I found that the kitten was definitely a male, had not been neutered, was VERY young, had NO ID TAGS!and starved! Peter being VERY allergic asked me NOT to bring him in the house. So I got him some food, and water and he was soooooooo hungry it was the saddest thing to watch.:(

After asking some neighbors if they'd seen the kitten around, or wanted one, with no luck, I called the humane society. They wouldn't take him, and told me to call animal control!:shock: So I did, they couldn't send anyone out to get him until after noon!:X

Now I had to go to my insurance company, so I couldn't stay to make sure he was alright. So, I ran upstairs and got Tuckers carry cage, and put the kitten in that. I took him over to animal control, and do you know, they had the NERVE, to ask why I WAS GETTING RID OF MY CAT!!!!!!:X:shock::X:shock::X:shock::X:shock:

I WAS SOOOOOOOOOO ANGRY!

I explained WHO I was, and that I had called them already, and what the story was, the lady looked at me and said, "so where did you get the cage from?"

URGH!:X

I told her it was my rabbits, and that I have a dog,a chameleon, a fish, 2 rabbits, and a stray that I look after, if I could've kept the kitten I would have but my husband has allergies... I said to her, do you always question, and alienate the people who bring in their animals? because maybe that's why people just open their back doors and let them out, because of this garbage!

You know you try and do a good thing and this is what you get...

I believe that's why there is soooooo much nastiness in the world today!

Well, I just thought I would share my story, I'm EXHAUSTED, and going to bed now!

Latest posts

Back