Bunny Magic: The Simon and Olive Show

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got Adobe Elements 5.0

Jj

How do you like it? I can't seem to figure out Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 for the life of me. I know it's supposed to be intuitive but... it ain't. :biggrin2:

Because I am in Insane Procrastination Mode, here are more photos of the bunnies with my Nikon D3100 (which I don't know how to use properly, yet still makes my bunnies look pretty darn good). I love how the orange highlights come out on Olive's fur, giving her more dimension than just a greyish brown.

"Aren't I cute?"

file-19.jpg

Olive, sampling the knee of my pants:

file-20.jpg

My baby bunneh, who's not so much a baby anymore:

file-21.jpg

I was trying to get her to stick out her tongue at me, but no such luck:

file-22.jpg

"Cleaning off my toesies, momma! It's bunny yoga!":

file-23.jpg

Simon, observing it all:

file-24.jpg

file-25.jpg

Bunny whispers, "I love you!"

Olive's just washing her face in this one, but she looks like she's totally stressed out, to anthropomorphize:

file-26.jpg

Oh what the heck, one more: I think they look like little bunny speed bumps:
file-27.jpg

Aw very gorgeous!
Try looking online for walkthroughs to your photoshop!
I find 5.0 works wonderfully for me! I can give you a walkthrough if you like! Just shoot me a pm!

Jj

Thanks Jj; I think I'm figuring it out. I'm also figuring out that with the kind of camera I have, I rarely have the need to "fix" the pictures other than some cropping.

Wonderful! Olive is imply gorgeous and well you know what I think about Simon!
:swoon:

Jj

No problem!

Jj

Ah very nice!

Jj

I finally (after just a few days) swapped out my D3100... for another D3100. I wasn't happy with the battery life, or rather, the battery level indicator bar. After about half an hour to an hour of playing around with the photo settings and snapping pictures, the indicator always shows one bar. Then I can still play around with it for quite awhile, but... it seems to me the life indicator on the battery should indicate that, not automatically suck the battery down to one bar and then mysteriously leave one hanging as to when her next picture may be the last.

In order to swap out the camera, I had to go a further 9 miles out of my way to another chain retail store that had my Nikon D3100 in stock... bummer, especially since I spaced on my way back and got caught in terrifically bad morning traffic because I missed my own exit. SPACE CADET.

But, any way, now I'm hopefully gonna be happier with this camera. The battery is charging now, and in the meantime, I'm dreaming of all the cute pictures I'll take with it. Not that many posted on this blog qualify as "cute". Maybe "passable," but not the heart-meltingly adorable pics I've seen on other blogs. Aside from having zip, nada, no formal photography training, I'm just not that gifted with photo-taking. And bunnies are particularly difficult subjects, what with their zippy movements and generally inability to hold still longer than a nanosecond. And they hate flash, which is a given reality in my world these days, with mostly overcast days and not much daylight to begin with. So I get pictures of head lowered, blinking bunnies (and often, The Royal Bunny Bum) for my efforts.

Ah well, one of these days, I'll get the hang out of it..

Ah yes. Rabbits never hold still! They have a very thought filled mind! The Royal Bunny Bum is a must with Pembrooke or even the heartfelt "Get away from me" Thump. Ah yes the rewards for cleaning them, feeding them, loving them, cleaning their litterbox.

Jj

Because "I Have Better Things To Be Doing, But Can't Be Bothered," you, gentle reader, get to benefit. Well, you get photos, any ways, of the dynamic duo.

Stretch monkey!

file-59.jpg

In-Synch Grooming:

file-50.jpg

Yuck!

file-54.jpg

What are you lookin' at?
file-55.jpg

"I'm sticking close. He might have part of that grape mommy just gave us..."
file-56.jpg

"Seriously, where is the grape?!"

file-53.jpg