Bunny Magic: The Simon and Olive Show

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holiday fun with a paper bag, bunny magic style:

"What, mommy... shouldn't I be nibbling on your scarf? That's what you left it on the floor for, right?"

file-105.jpg

"Look, I found hay here, too!"

file-106.jpg

(Don't know how he found hay there, honestly).

Olive does a drive by:

file-107.jpg

And lo, she stops to investigate:

file-108.jpg

(Ok, so I cheated, there's hay in the bag. So sue me. ;)).

Bunny Hay Day!

"What, mommy?" <<Sniff>>.

file-104.jpg

I just find this next one hilarious. It's Olive, stuffing her face with hay. I mean, how many more strands of hay can she eat at once, for cricket's sake?:

file-109.jpg

"Yes, momma? Shouldn't we be eating hay? We could chew on your toesies instead, if you like."

file-111.jpg

Olive with a more respectable amount of hay in her mouth:

file-113.jpg

Inspector bunnies:

file-112.jpg

Gorgeous!
Jj

Ack! As I was reading MikeScone's reply to my "lens dream" dilemma, my bunny was taking a bite out... my power cord for my computer. WONDERFUL. Not. At least he didn't snip it in two, but, grrrrrr.... my fault--it's the one cord in the house that isn't bunny proof, because I use it for Bunny is back in his X pen for the night, and I am off to the Mac store tomorrow to buy yet another power cord. When will I ever learn?

Oh well. I tried out my 50mm lens and I think I like it better than my 35mm lens, actually, but it's... huge. The hood makes it look even bigger.

These are some action shots I got of the bunnies tonight:

file-119.jpg

And binky Simon (as opposed to bad Simon, with a tummy now full of rubberized plastic--aka MY POWER CORD):

file-120.jpg

And Olive, posing pretty:

file-122.jpg

And shy Simon:

file-124.jpg

Good thing they're cute, as it makes it hard to be mad at them for more than a nanosecond.

Suffice it to say... it's been awhile since I've updated this blog, posted to RO, or generally done any bunny picture taking... something I remedied this afternoon (instead of doing my homework, but that's another story for another day).

I won't say how many pictures I took to get some "cute" shots... but, well, let's just say it took the entire evening for my bunnies and camera to have a "meeting of the minds." Bunnies, of course, kept doing very cute things, but auto-focus in my camera would. not. cooperate. Bunnies are tricky to photograph, and I missed some excellent shots, but never fear, I did get a few "goodies," so I thought I'd share ;-).

Here's the lovely duo:

DSC_4703.jpg

And Olive grooming Simon like the sweet bunny she is:

DSC_4725.jpg

All's well in Bunny Land. The "kids" are sweet as pie, though both are quite cheeky and have an independent streak--mama doesn't get any cuddle time, but Olive (the lop ear) does occasionally groom me,so I feel rather honored when she deigns to do so.

Both are shedding, and while I thought this was going to put us into constant vacuum mode, my deshedding grooming tool has worked nicely, and both are excellent about eating hay, so minimal worries there.

Funnily enough, Simon, who had much coarser fur than Olive, seems to be shedding all of that old "icky" coat... it remains to be seen if it's just the undercoat I'm feeling now (which is very soft, though not quite as soft as Olive's fur) or if he'll really grow a softer coat of fur. I'd like to think with his excellent diet and some TLC, he'd have a softer coat, but who knows?

Both of them, after snubbing KM's second cut timothy hay, seem to have taken to it, which is good, because I bought a fifty pound box of the stuff... then thought they didn't like it, but they seem to be just as happy with that as they were the first cut hay (from Bunny Bytes--no affiliation with either, just citing sources).

I actually prefer they have the first cut hay, as I think it's better for their digestive system, but I'm glad to see they aren't so finicky about their hay as first I thought. Another box of first cut hay awaits them after they're through with the second cut hay.

Well, that was much ado about nothing. Hope you enjoyed the photos! There's more where that came from, but I doubt anybody needs seventy photos of Olive grooming Simon ;-).

Thanks for sharing that video of Olive. Definitely got some strong back legs and back, standing up for that carrot. Good exercise and a healthy treat.

What a beautiful girl.

K :)

Oh my! It's been quite a long while since I've blogged, but I hope to remedy that with some long-over due pictures.

Olive and Simon had a spat this morning. Olive was the instigator, I think. She was nipping Simon in the bum, chasing him, and (how unladylike) mounting him. I separated them for awhile, then put her back in the X pen with Simon, and she mounted him again (ahem, again, how unladylike!) and he finally got fed up with her and nipped her, but since then, they've been ok, and Olive's been grooming Simon.

Weird buns.

Any way. As promised, the pictures!

Olive, who appears to be saying, "Lady, if you point that camera in my face one more time, I'll rip your face off."

[
f59f3c75.jpg

Lounging:

629f8758.jpg

Simon looking sultry, with Olive grooming his ear for good measure.

3ef40d74.jpg

Olive conked out:

4c6ec3b7.jpg

Olive, foraging in my closet:

81d7da5a.jpg

Olive giving reluctant Simon some bunny snorgles:

88e964a9.jpg

Olive, looking very disapproving of my bunny-proofing failures (yes, that's a computer wire):

aebc0bbe.jpg

As close as I've gotten to the elusive bunny yawn. Simon, mid "Rawwr!":
910b6cc0.jpg

Peeved Simon:
8dc7fdc3.jpg

Another verrrrrry unladylike pose:

cbdb8686.jpg

Last, but not least: my handsome boy:

bdfdc79a.jpg

That's it for now. Hope you enjoyed the (brief) update and pictures!

Love all the pics! Glad to see all is well.

lol, Olive is so sweet. I get that look too when I bring out the camera. It's a "not again" look. lol

K:)

I saw that you put your buns up in the Rescue Me section?
How's it going...
Hope all is well!
Jj

Latest posts

Back