Bunny keeps getting gas..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She didn't eat the oatmeal..
I was looking to see if she pooped and founs what looks like dirreah on her blanket..
Oh my, definitely go to vet. If I don't wash my bunny's kale very carefully he gets runs. They are very sensitive to any chemicals, pesticides or bacteria. Poor little thing. The vet will check for dehydration which can happen with runny poop as well.

Oh my, definitely go to vet. If I don't wash my bunny's kale very carefully he gets runs. They are very sensitive to any chemicals, pesticides or bacteria. Poor little thing. The vet will check for dehydration which can happen with runny poop as well.
Ok

Whoa. Let's step back a minute here. You've had a few threads about this rabbit and there are plenty of people trying to help on each thread, but we don't seem to be getting a complete picture.

Recently you had been completely out of hay for awhile and this seems to have been the start of the problems? There were many excuses and reasons why you could not/would not get more hay. Then we learned you have many rabbits and many guinea pigs that you cannot afford and you were going to start downsizing. Last I heard you found a home for just one of them? Now you finally have hay. Is this correct?

As to this particular rabbit, on prior thread, appears to have been getting simethicone on a daily basis for weeks?

Back to a question I'll ask for a third time in hopes of an answer. I've been trying to get to the truth of what this rabbit is actually eating. Has it been a full 7 days that this rabbit has eaten unlimited hay, 1/4 cup selective grain free pellets every day consistently? And a few times during the week you were giving him simethicone along with fruit?

It's important that you are truthful and complete when being asked questions. For example, if someone asks if bunny gets hay and you respond with "yes, he gets unlimited hay" but leave out the fact that you ran out of hay for many days and just got hay a couple days ago, then that paints a false picture. When you paint a false picture, then the advice you receive won't be accurate.

Whoa. Let's step back a minute here. You've had a few threads about this rabbit and there are plenty of people trying to help on each thread, but we don't seem to be getting a complete picture.

Recently you had been completely out of hay for awhile and this seems to have been the start of the problems? There were many excuses and reasons why you could not/would not get more hay. Then we learned you have many rabbits and many guinea pigs that you cannot afford and you were going to start downsizing. Last I heard you found a home for just one of them? Now you finally have hay. Is this correct?

As to this particular rabbit, on prior thread, appears to have been getting simethicone on a daily basis for weeks?

Back to a question I'll ask for a third time in hopes of an answer. I've been trying to get to the truth of what this rabbit is actually eating. Has it been a full 7 days that this rabbit has eaten unlimited hay, 1/4 cup selective grain free pellets every day consistently? And a few times during the week you were giving him simethicone along with fruit?

It's important that you are truthful and complete when being asked questions. For example, if someone asks if bunny gets hay and you respond with "yes, he gets unlimited hay" but leave out the fact that you ran out of hay for many days and just got hay a couple days ago, then that paints a false picture. When you paint a false picture, then the advice you receive won't be accurate.
I've rehomed 1 so far.
I have hay .

She's had simethixone with fruit for 2 doses yesterday.
Not a few times a week

Hay and pellets , for 7 days , then started introducing veg.
My dad gave her veg a few times because he said it was only a little bit.
Half an hour after having veg , got gas pain ..
So she had simethixone 2 times.

So for 7 days she ate all of her 1/4 cup of pellets and hay? If she's doing that, she isn't having gas. If she has gas, she won't eat at all. But if she's eating that every day and refuses more than that, that is not what is meant by "refusing food." Refusing food means she is not eating any hay or any pellets or anything for an entire day.

Do not offer her any greens or veggies or fruit at all for a couple weeks minimum. She needs her gut to get settled.

Do not feed her fruit with simethicone! That is like adding gas to water in order to put out a fire. If she ever has to have simethicone (though I suspect you are giving it too often) then follow the method I described before. There is no reason to offer her fruit with it.

Give her ONLY hay and measured pellets for 2 weeks minimum and see how she is doing. We'll see how she'd doing then. It may be that she just can't tolerate greens. But keep her steady for a couple weeks -- no fruit at all (not with simethicone) and no greens or veggies. Not even "a little bit."

So for 7 days she ate all of her 1/4 cup of pellets and hay? If she's doing that, she isn't having gas. If she has gas, she won't eat at all. But if she's eating that every day and refuses more than that, that is not what is meant by "refusing food." Refusing food means she is not eating any hay or any pellets or anything for an entire day.

Do not offer her any greens or veggies or fruit at all for a couple weeks minimum. She needs her gut to get settled.

Do not feed her fruit with simethicone! That is like adding gas to water in order to put out a fire. If she ever has to have simethicone (though I suspect you are giving it too often) then follow the method I described before. There is no reason to offer her fruit with it.

Give her ONLY hay and measured pellets for 2 weeks minimum and see how she is doing. We'll see how she'd doing then. It may be that she just can't tolerate greens. But keep her steady for a couple weeks -- no fruit at all (not with simethicone) and no greens or veggies. Not even "a little bit."
Today she didn't really eat her hay , she didn't eat any pellets , didn't drink much .
She's okay now , eating and pooping .
She had simethicone 2 times each an hour apart

Eating and pooping -- great! Stick with just the hay and pellets. Don't give her any greens or fruit just because she seems to be doing better. She needs to stick with just the hay, pellets, water for a couple weeks, no exceptions.
Okay

Most likely but it isn’t much. For the next few days I would only give her water and unlimited hay. If you’re sure the pellets aren’t causing her any problems you could give her a little. During those few days, I would stop any veggies/treats you’re trying to feed her. She also doesn’t need treats or fruit to survive. If she gets better then you have your answer

Most likely but it isn’t much. For the next few days I would only give her water and unlimited hay. If you’re sure the pellets aren’t causing her any problems you could give her a little. During those few days, I would stop any veggies/treats you’re trying to feed her. She also doesn’t need treats or fruit to survive. If she gets better then you have your answer
Okay

PS: Please read up on rabbit care. You mentioned that you gave bunny lettuce. Bunnies cannot eat iceberg lettuce. Also, part of owning a bunny is taking your pet to the vet when ill. Way too much time has transpired without your vet weighing in. A thorough exam checks everything, including occlusion of teeth and bloodwork if needed. Bunnies are very delicate and if any condition has lasted this long, a vet who sees exotics is needed. This forum is trying to help you but only a vet can check bunny's overall health. Good luck.

PS: Please read up on rabbit care. You mentioned that you gave bunny lettuce. Bunnies cannot eat iceberg lettuce. Also, part of owning a bunny is taking your pet to the vet when ill. Way too much time has transpired without your vet weighing in. A thorough exam checks everything, including occlusion of teeth and bloodwork if needed. Bunnies are very delicate and if any condition has lasted this long, a vet who sees exotics is needed. This forum is trying to help you but only a vet can check bunny's overall health. Good luck.
I don't give iceburg lettuce.
I give red leaf and romaine .
I know tons about rabbit care
But I've never had unwell rabbits in my 3 years of owning them

If you know everything about rabbits you keep them for 3 years why you are asking for help you've started so many threads I will start thinking that you just trying to insult people here just making fun of us just want our attention and watch our reactions. You give conflicting information all the time, you said you have no money to get hay so your 18 rabbits and guinea pigs had no hay for 4-5 days, then next day you say you paid for vet visit 40 pound, then you have 20 pound per week for your animals, then 40 pound per week, I've got confused with all this info. 20 pound per week is plenty to get hay and food and take care of them, so you can get basic things what they MUST have, but you like starting with treats and those treats are not healthy, the way you feed your animals is a recipe for disaster. That is if I have to believe information you give here.

I feel I spend too much time on reading and replying your threads and you keep asking and not listening and keep bumping your threads so anytime I open RO I see all your threads first, it's a bit disturbing. Maybe Moderators can join your multiple threads into one so it won't take too much attention of the members? They are all about the same problem(s) and many members are trying to help you but information you provide can be different in different threads.

Could we please have some attention from Moderators here?

Last edited:
If you know everything about rabbits you keep them for 3 years why you are asking for help you've started so many threads I will start thinking that you just trying to insult people here just making fun of us just want our attention and watch our reactions. You give conflicting information all the time, you said you have no money to get hay so your 18 rabbits and guinea pigs had no hay for 4-5 days, then next day you say you paid for vet visit 40 pound, then you have 20 pound per week for your animals, then 40 pound per week, I've got confused with all this info. 20 pound per week is plenty to get hay and food and take care of them, so you can get basic things what they MUST have, but you like starting with treats and those treats are not healthy, the way you feed your animals is a recipe for disaster. That is if I have to believe information you give here.

I feel I spend too much time on reading and replying your threads and you keep asking and not listening and keep bumping your threads so anytime I open RO I see all your threads first, it's a bit disturbing. Maybe Moderators can join your multiple threads into one so it won't take too much attention of the members? They are all about the same problem(s) and many members are trying to help you but information you provide can be different in different threads.

Could we please have some attention from Moderators here?
Sorry.
I don't want to insult anyone

Back