Bunny Ideas and Accessories

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was also concerned about the smell of soiled litter in the garbage...and while I was at the dollar store they had these little baggies that can fit about 1-2 cups of stuff in. They're just little tie baggies. I just grab one and dump the poop in it, scoop the soiled litter into it..then tie it and throw it in the little trash can that sits next to the cage.

This works great for keeping the soiled litter all wrapped up. Cant smell it at all!

-Haley

hi

this is a great thred and i really love all the ideas. i am particuarlly interested in the litter tray with mesh stopping the bunny getting to the litter i ahev actually litter trained the bunnies yet but im wroking on it and plan to buy some litter trays this week and therefore need to get some loitter but if i can jsut get the usual sort of cat litter then i wont need to worry too much what i buy. i need to find some mesh now to make it!! lol

this tpoic is quite long when you read the first 3 and a bit pages all in about 30 mins!!! lol :bunnydance:

A breeder was ableto keep her cagestidy by C-clamping thehay in the
top corners of her cages,when she takes herrabbits to Shows. Thanks for the ideaShannon.:D

38395.jpg

38396.jpg

Rainbows! :)

I keep my hay in a deep cardboard box, but cut asmall doorway into one side so that it makes a ramp for the girls toget into it :) They like sitting up in there and watching what's goingon as well as eating! And, it keeps most of the mess contained.

Bump for Wax32. :bump

Ceramic tilesfrom hardware stores arealot cheaper than the chinchilla cooling stones found at Pet Shops.You can putsome in the fridge to cool off and use on hot summer days.

Rainbows! :bunnydance:

This is what I do for hay around my place - I find it is the cleanest thing I have come up with so far. I can't take all the credit, I got this idea from Freddy's Mom a while back...

haybox.jpg

The've gone to town on this box, but I replace it every now and then.

Just pull out the perforrated area on those glad garbage bag boxes, and stuff full of hay.

They have to put their face in the hole area to eat, and I find it keeps a lot of the spillage to a minimum... and my two love emptying their hay onto the floor...

This seems to keep it well contained and it's not easy for them to flip over.

I have a Shred-Ender that I use for brushing my pets.
Trouble is, the handle prevents me from brushing on the right side of the rabbit.

This isthe set up I have when brushing the bunnies.

7x9nuxs.jpg

I have the Zoom Groom brush, Shred-Ender, and Irun the vacuum while brushing to pick up the hair off the brushes.

Here are some modifications that I did to the Shred-Ender.

6s7mwsy.jpg

1. Pop off the soft plastic covers.
2. Unscrew the the screws
3. Pull out the blade.

6o4r42a.jpg

This is a locking clamp that I got for $2.88

The Front of the blade is the direction to brush the bunny.

6sininr.jpg

Clamp the blade tight so it doesn't move or slip.

Note: A spring clamp does not hold the blade tight enough.

Hold in up right position to brush.

This hay rack is a nice size and deeper.

Thumpers_Mom wrote:
:ideaI got this from Ikea last night and it was only $2.99. It is 8 1/4"x13". I was able to secure it by using the ties. The bars are wide enough for them to pic their hay through it and allows me to put it high enough to clean under it...and they won't jump into it! Oh, the tray on the bottom rocks too! :woohoo

Gotta LOVE Ikea!:yes:

35730_PE126621_S4.jpg

This thread is great!! Some brilliant ideas!

For a hay rack we got a corner shelf basket thingy from Ikea... It was £1.99. It's great because it just cable ties into the corners of the top shelf of their cage, so you just need to lift the lid of the cage to fill it...

1220016774.jpg

It holds tons of hay...

1220017256.jpg

And it even fits a little bunny in as well! :p

boing
boing
1220018862.jpg

1220019008.jpg

No- really. Chalk loves to sleep in it, and she can be found in there pretty much all day! She buries down, puts her ears back and closes here eyes, and all you can see is the top of her head snoozing away in the hay rack! :hearts:

Pet_Bunny wrote:
This hay rack is a nice size and deeper.

Thumpers_Mom wrote:
:ideaI got this from Ikea last night and it was only $2.99. It is 8 1/4"x13". I was able to secure it by using the ties. The bars are wide enough for them to pic their hay through it and allows me to put it high enough to clean under it...and they won't jump into it! Oh, the tray on the bottom rocks too! :woohoo

Gotta LOVE Ikea!:yes:

35730_PE126621_S4.jpg

Anyone have a link to Ikea's web site where you can purchase this online? I can't seem to find it! I think this would be perfect for my bun.

I saw a feeder that works with gravity for chicken pellets and I'm sure it would be no different for rabbit pellets. What you do is take a 4 or 5 inch round length (as tall as the cage) of pvc that is shaped like an "L". Put a cap on the L end and cut a hole big enough to eat from on the inside of the "L". Face the"L" end toward the inside of the cage and if you make it long eoungh the other end could sit right below a NIC panel. You could also modify the panel right above so that the panel could open for easy refiling.

Sorry I don't have any pics, but I hope my directions could help someone out. :brownbunny

This is what I was talking about. Of course you can scale it down to fit in the cage. You also don't have to put a cap on top as long as it is high enough so no bunnies can't crawl in.

Latest posts

Back