Bunny Ideas and Accessories

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, Mr. Stee. That is too cool. My bunnies won't fit in those anymore - they would get stuck. :D

1 free Paper Box from work + 1 tube from the petstore (cheaper at hardware store) + a pair of scissors = Cookie's FAVORITE place to hide

(he spends all day sleeping in it and when he's not sleeping, he's chinning it)

cookieplayhouse1.JPG

cookieplayhouse8.JPG

My idea is free if you drink pop.some of my water bottles fell on the cement floor and broke.I use plastic pop bottles they screw right on to the old ends and you just throw them away when they get dirty.I dont drink much pop but i can always get some from friends.bluebird

Thosetunnels areawesome! The only problem is that only Zoey could use it, the boys are too big, LOL.

I'm working on getting one made for the boys though!

You all are SO clever! These ideas are terrific! Love the soda boxes taped together! That clamp for the cubes is AWESOME! And that bathroom shelf is a great idea! Everyone's ideas mentioned are so creative! Thanks for the ideas, all :D

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
Thosetunnels areawesome!
Boxes come in different sizes and so inexpensive to get.
This box was used to hold Fluorescent light tubes. It is now Pebbles new tunnel.

fz9ky9.jpg

I stuck the camera into the tunnel to take this picture. :D

fz9llj.jpg

Rainbows! :D

doodle wrote:
LOL, Mr. Stee. That is too cool. Mybunnies won't fit in those anymore - they would get stuck. :D

You'd be surprised. Loki's a svelte 5 pounds now and he played in that when he was chubby. He had to crawl and he still made the boxes swell as he moved through them like some kind of cartoon but he had a blast! He did do a lot of remodeling inside to make it easier as the turns and holes between boxes had been made for tiny little Mocha, but he didn't have too much of a problem.

You would be surprised how compact bunnies can be..

One night i was terrified because I couldnt find Guinevere... she was UNDER my bureu... I dont know how the heck she squeezed under there...such a tiny space, but she fit and she actually liked it :?

bluebird wrote:
My idea is free if you drink pop (soda).some of my waterbottles fell on the cement floor and broke.I use plastic pop(soda)bottles they screw right on to the old ends and you just throw them away when they get dirty.I dont drink much pop (soda) but i can always get some from friends.bluebird
I was doing this for a while when we were short a few water bottles due to breakage/leakage.

I was using bottled water for the buns and the 16oz bottles worked great. When they were empty I would just exchange them for full ones.

I found that the soda pop bottles have different size threads, but I was able to fit 16, 20, 1.5L, & 2L. Great for leaving a couple of days supply of water in the case of an overnighter or such.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
JimD wrote:
Great for leaving a couple of days supply of water in the case of an overnighter or such.
Now if we can think of a dispenser that will leave a fewdays supply of food.....:ponder:

"The Ergo Systems feeders appear to be the best solution for automatic feeding of dry food at scheduled times during the day. They're available in 3 sizes ranging from 5 lb capacity to 20 lb capacity and maximum dry food sizes of 3/8" kibble to3/4". Timer (at right) is used to set up to 8 feedings during the day. Battery backup prevents loss of programming after a power outage (unit will not dispense while power is out). Unit has anon-chewable power cord for safety. Bowl disconnects for easy cleaning.Cover is air-tight to keep food fresh. Manual over-ride allows feeding outside of scheduled times. Indoor use only."

Here's another idea for a tunnel.

It's a wire shelving thatis used for storage.

hrk16v.jpg

Pebblescan run through it pretty fast.

hrk2lh.jpg

She loves confined places with things over her head. It's a sense of security.

hrk41y.jpg

irishmist wrote:
Awwww honeypot that box really makes me miss home.. They do not have G&T in Indiana!

Susan
Funny the small things that make you miss home. :)

shadow10978 wrote:
Thats an awesome idea Bluebird, just one question is it the20oz or the 2 liter bottles??
Either size , they all have universal caps .:cool:

Here are some more ideas as shown in the pictures.

hrydlv.jpg

Pebbles litter box is cut from a plastic pail. By cutting it yourself, you can make the walls as high as you want. Then the plastic screen is cut to fit in the box.

By placing the food where she can only access it by going into the litter box you can train a new bunny litter habits in no time.
The bowl of water blocks her from getting to the hay, so she has to reach it from the litter box.

hrygqq.jpg

Rainbows! :)

Latest posts

Back