Bunny Birthing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How bizarre, it won't let me see what you posted :|

Aw, poor baby (I can see your post).

I'm wondering now if there is something internally wrong with him.

Have you tried mushed pellets? Critical care? Hay of different types?

Maybe he doesn't have energy to eat, but I don't know how safe it is to syringe feed a baby like this.

Ihope someone more knowledgeable can come along in a bit.

Is it warm?

I had trouble getting your post to show!

If he's still willing to eat, try giving him dry oatmeal (we use Quaker Oats, the cooking kind, not the instant or flavored type.). I'd get some fluids in him too. The oatmeal is safe on his tummy and will fill him up.

You may need to give him some pedialyte or Critical care if you have it. You can also suppliment with a kitten formula if you want. He is so young, it's very hard at this age.

I've tried everything i have. I have critical care, he spits it out, i've tried powder milk; he sneezes it up, he had a nibble of banana even; but he turned away. He doesnt seem to want to eat. And believe me, energy is not a problem he has plenty of that! He just doesnt seem hungry. I dont know what else to try. Grass, perhaps?

Have you tried syringe feeding him? If he'll take a bit of banana, mash some up with the critical care and a bit of water. He has to take something or his gut will shut down completely. Even a few drops every hour...

I have just discoveredmy buns go crazy for apple juice, could you try mixing that with some critical care?

(I don't know if that's a good idea or not, but maybe anything is better than nothing).

This little guy is really special, I'm rooting for you both.

He's having some glucose solution, he's now on a hot water bottle. He's having a few drops of powder milk, but that's it. I'll try some critical care, banana and apple juice? I dont think he likes the taste of critical care.

The banana may help with the taste... he doesn't realize he can't have an opinion about taste when he's not well... just have to get a few drops in him.

We're pulling for him!!! :pray: Come on MAX!!!!!

well, he's perked up, but still isnt eating much, we get the odd nibble of banana, some drops of glucose and then a wash. He still doesnt seem to want much to chomp on, but he's definately more awake. That's godda be a good thing?

This lil fella has me so worried sometimes!

That does sound better, but I doubnt he's still out of the woods. I REALLY hope he keeps fighting!

I really dont think he is ill. I'm starting to think its a teething problem. He goes mental over dried plantain leaves and hay, but he doesnt seem to be able to eat it. I also think he may have been the runt, cause he is so much smaller than his aunt and uncle were when they were 16 days old! This may seem weird, but I think he's just not developin quickly enough. He is so feisty its untrue. We are also led to believe that he is blind or partially sighted, as he is always running into things that he should really be able to see; doors and walls. Im not too sure what's going on with him at the mo.

He's eating banana at the mo, not a lot, but it's something. Apart from ^ he's a really happy little bunny, jumping round and flicking his legs in the air. I think he just has a few physical problems. We're going to get him checked out by the vet again soon. If its something we can deal with when he's bigger, we're gunna do all we can :). He is one special little rabbit.

I just saw you said that it was the front teeth misaligned. I know a couple of people who have managed to realign their buns teeth at a really early age by just giving them wood and stuff to chew on, maybe that might be worth a try? even if it doesn't work.

Come on MAX!

Flashy, I think I may have been wrong, I think it was how he was holding his jaw that made his teeth look wonky. Oh god I'm so pleased! This is the first time I've felt him with a fat belly in days! He just sucked and sucked, pulling the plastic of the bottle in as he didnt let any air in :). I really wasnt expecting that. He never ever ceases to amaze me! I'm actually glowing, I've not felt so happy in days, just worried sick that he wasnt eating!

Aw, that's terrific. Maybe he just needs a cheer squad, lol.

It might not hurt to give chew things anyway, just incase the tendency is there :)

^_^ I have some willow chewing sticks for rabbits. Rather than chew them, Splat picks them up and pushes them back through the mesh on her cage >.<. I'll see about putting some around his nest (not that he sleeps there much -.-) Then he can chomp his heart away :).

I have some very sad news. He had 2 feeds last night but unfortunately he died during the night. I found him this morning, and I'm pretty sure he got bloat after his feed. He had the infacol and everything just in case, but it didnt work.

I'm so sad; i was looking forward to a lovely christmas with him.

I'll love you forever Max!

Mummy xx

Splat is now out in the garden after a very fast reunite with her sister. It didnt seem fair leaving her with that nest, so she will stay with her sis until my dad gets home to remove the nest and bury Max. She knew he had died; she wouldnt go into the bedroom where he was.

She did a fantastic job though, and i'll never ever forget the sight of the two of them together.

Latest posts

Back