Bunny Birthing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how to describe markings, lol. The butterfly is what the people in the US call 'broken'. It's when you get a colour or marking pattern that is broken up by white areas.

So (and I am hoping someone will either correct me or back me up on this) in the picture of gran and dad and uncle, the gran looks like a tort, and dad and uncle look like tort butterflys (someone knowledgeable PLEASE either correct or agree with me, lol).

Panface looks a tort, and Splat looks a tort butterfly. And kit looks like a 'something' butterfly(most likely a tort given the genetics, but I'm not sure if it could be anything else). What the marking really is will show when some more fur has grown.

^_^ ooh okay then :). I dont know what breed they are either. I just know they are lop eared something or others. Hehe. I thought French, but they dont have the right face shape for Frenchies I dont think. Maybe they're "mongrel" bunnies. God knows :)

lol, yeh, they are lops. If you want to now the type of lop, you'll need to post their weights because that is a strong idnicator.

I have been missing this thread!!!!

Her name is SPLAT?!!?! OMG :laughsmiley:How cute!

She's so pretty! and the baby is adorable!!!

Yeah lol. It was the day I got home from a week at my friends house, my mum didnt know that Moccah (the big brown one) had had babies, so I just opened the hutch door, and well... Splat went SPLAT! Luckily i had my hand there just to stop Moccah jumping out at me... LOL

I'll post another pic of the baby soon! You should see it now! Fat lump. I dont think it has any brown at all now its fur is growing, but I may well be proven wrong :). Grey and white lump I think!

Baby Pic!

bunny5daysold.jpg

So it just took a little bit for mom's milk to come in then!

Looks like she is doing an excellent job of keeping that baby nice and fat!

Keep up the pictures. Maybe you should start a baby blog in the blog section and update with lots and lots of pictures!

--Dawn

babypic.jpg

Baby pic day 7. I think we may still be suffering from some gas in his tummy. but he is so active. I've not seen him poo in 3 days now, but he's weeinga lot. Maybe he just poos in his nest or something? I really dont know. But I hope he's gunna be fine. The vet is pretty sure itsa little boy, so if that is the case, he has a name, Max. :). He is only a week old, but he can hop now.

I really hope he has no major problems, and we can get him to an age where we can get him looked at properly, to make sure there isnt anything seriously wrong with his insides.

Splat might be "cleaning up" after him. Lots of does will eat any of the baby's poops to keep the nest clean. It's really good that he is weeing. The baby poops will be very tiny (cause he's not eating solid food yet.) But keep an eye on him and see if anything is coming out. (After nursing, you can try to lay a clean paper towel in the nest box and put the baby in that. Check it after 30 minutes. Remove it as soon as it gets wet... or before Splat gets hold of it. But you might catch a couple of tiny poops, so you know things are "moving along".)

I'm so glad to hear he's come along so far. GO MAX!!!! :party0002:

If he genuinely hadn't pooped for 3 days, then he wouldnt be here would he? I thought they got really ill after 1 day of not pooping, so 3 days, and still bouncing round like his mum would is really good isnt it? I think he might have a slight gas problem, but this seems to be settled by letting him jump around the rug on the floor for a bit, he looks happy and doesnt teeth grind after he's had some exercise. The vet thought he may have been premature, because he was born so early, and his digestive system isnt quite right. Also the fact that the other two were stillborn suggests there was something wrong with the litter, and Max was just lucky.

We will keep going with him, he's a plump baby, so he's obviously being fed by mum (more than twice a day I think), so the waste is going somewhere :). He's looking so much better than he did the other day. I just think he's hiding the poops from us >.<, i hope he is anyway. He looks so much like his grandad and hisgreat uncle =D(Moccah's brother).

day9.jpg

day 9 ^_^. All his gas problems appear to have gone. He's one happy baby bunny now. When he's outa the nest, we cant stop him! He's a bunny on speed! Turbo Max :p. His ears are going to be gorgeous! Dark grey with snow flake speckles!

Now the fun begins....

Poor Splat...this little one will probably keep her busy!

Peg

ghostbusterbunny wrote:
Little update! He's just this minute opened his eyes!!!:bunny18

I think he is going to be a little horror. He's so active. Splat just gives him that *get back in there RIGHTNOW* look when he comes out of the nest. She's so funny. She doesnt even get up, she just turns and glares at him >.<.

Aw, this is great. Max is certainly a fighter.

Things have been good up till now. Splat has stopped producing milk, and baby wont eat anything i put infront of him. I think his front teeth arent aligned properly. But not majorly so. He doesnt want any rabbit food or power milk. Any suggestions?

He's really active, and he's thin now, not got the fat belly he should have. I dont know what to do, as he wont eat anything. He will eat a TEENY bit, then start spitting things out =(. Can you suggest ways of getting him to eat something? He's 15 days old now, and I havent seen him eat rabbit food, he just lies under/next to his mum.

Latest posts

Back