Breed of my bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiRa92

Reaction score
Can someone tell me the breed of my bunnies? and how to make their fur healthy.

This is Poe - 8 months old

301108_10151051294654163_1379691369_n.jpg

This is Monday - 1 year old

551939_10151051294834163_287771356_n.jpg

Hmm.. poe kind of look like a dutch to me... What do you other RO members think?

Poe looks like a dutch although its really hard to tell what color he is in that picture.

Monday looks like a siamese mini satin. Has the same head and ear shape and color.

For their coats you can try calf manna, black oil sunflower seeds or whole oats. Anything that would contain EFA's(essential fatty acids) to help the skin and coat

I agree that Poe is a dutch. Not sure about Monday.

Poe actually has a long hair. I am quite worried about the way their coats are. I have no idea why they are having hair falls and as you guys can see from the picture, their coats are not as tidy as bunnies should be. Is there anything I can do to make them as bright as other bunnies? :(:?:expressionless

They might just be going through a molt. Rabbits usually molt 4 times a year alternating a big molt and a smaller one. If you are feeding them well they'll probably look tidier soon.

I use a Kong brand Zoom Groom brush on my buns and it works very well. :) All buns look untidy at some point because of molting, etc. No worries. They're gorgeous!

Thank you for telling me that. I feel so much better now. My dad keep asking me what is wrong with my buns and now I have an answer to that question. Thanks a lot. :D

LiRa92 wrote:
Poe actually has a long hair. I am quite worried about the way their coats are. I have no idea why they are having hair falls and as you guys can see from the picture, their coats are not as tidy as bunnies should be. Is there anything I can do to make them as bright as other bunnies? :(:?:expressionless
I also posted "For their coats you can try calf manna, black oil sunflower seeds or whole oats. Anything that would contain EFA's(essential fatty acids) to help the skin and coat"

Brushing helps also

woahlookitsme wrote:
LiRa92 wrote:
I also posted "For their coats you can try calf manna, black oil sunflower seeds or whole oats. Anything that would contain EFA's(essential fatty acids) to help the skin and coat"

Brushing helps also

Thanks! and how often should I give them this EFA's containing foods?

wendymac wrote:
You can just put a small amount on top of their normal pellets. But don't give them all three, just pick one of those. :)

Thank you. :) If I were to choose giving them whole oats, is it okay to give them the whole oats that I bought from the groceries store?

So I really don't want to be rude and I apologise if I'm hijacking someones board but I figured it would be a waste if I posted another topic for my rabbit.

This is my girl Cleo, I know she has dutch markings but her fur seems to be longer and fluffier than most dutches I have seen. Is she still a dutch? Or maybe a mix of something?
cleoatthepark.jpg

cassnessxox wrote:
So I really don't want to be rude and I apologise if I'm hijacking someones board but I figured it would be a waste if I posted another topic for my rabbit.

This is my girl Cleo, I know she has dutch markings but her fur seems to be longer and fluffier than most dutches I have seen. Is she still a dutch? Or maybe a mix of something?
cleoatthepark.jpg

I see. Thanks for choosing this board anyway. :D But where's the picture?

I can see the pic too. I think she's a dutch-- maybe a dutch mix? Gorgeous though, regardless of what breed she is!! :)

Latest posts

Back