Breed of my bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna go against the grain and say Poe and Cleo are both Vienna Marked only because I know that's what Pixie is she is a pure bred Netherland Dwarf the markings are from the Vienna Gene at least for her :biggrin:

554482_371826996189448_335317807_n.jpg

cassnessxox wrote:
Didn't the picture show up? I can see it on my computer :confused2:

Now I know why I couldn't see your picture. You uploaded it at imageshack. The only thing I can see is a frog in a cube of ice. Haha. I wish I could see your dutch bunny. :)

eclairemom wrote:
I'm gonna go against the grain and say Poe and Cleo are both Vienna Marked only because I know that's what Pixie is she is a pure bred Netherland Dwarf the markings are from the Vienna Gene at least for her :biggrin:

Pixie is gorgeous! I googled for vienna marked rabbits images. Some of them has this coat that looks like Poe's coat. It's just that they have a different color compared to Poe. and Poe's ears are longer. :)

Thanks. Vienna marked can be any breed it's what you get when they have the Blue Eye white gene and aren't BEW's. She is darker now that she's older. I'm just a bad mommy and don't have any current pictures lol.

eclairemom wrote:
Thanks. Vienna marked can be any breed it's what you get when they have the Blue Eye white gene and aren't BEW's. She is darker now that she's older. I'm just a bad mommy and don't have any current pictures lol.

Poe has a blue left eye and a brown right eye. and she is darker now too! :)

Oh that's crazy! So does Cleo, One eye is fully blue and the top of her other eye is brown while the bottom half is blue!

LiRa92 wrote:
eclairemom wrote:

Poe has a blue left eye and a brown right eye. and she is darker now too! :)
Well that explains it. You didnt show both sides so I only thought Poe was dutch but had no clue about his color as dutch have pretty specific colors and his didnt look like any of them.

If one eye is blue and the other is brown or they have half a blue and half a brown eye it is most likely a Vienna Marked rabbit. VMs can have color ranging from a small spot on the nose or feet to having full blown dutch markings.

BUT pure bred dutch CAN also have Blue eyes. I have only experienced this once and it was a chocolate dutch that had two beautiful sky blue eyes. Here is a picture:
psyco2.jpg

Hey! Okay so I recently adopted Sunny from a pet store (his previous owners raised him for meat and decided to just drop him off at a pet store instead) and I have NO idea what he could be! They said he was 6 months old and he weighs about 3 or 4 pounds to me! http://flic.kr/p/d5VEW7

they were very gorgeous :) My friend bred and showed dutch and that little baby popped out in one of her litters. Sold very quickly as he could only be a pet but the contrast between his choco coat and the blue was to die for

I guess I'll jump in with my bunny too! We got her as a gift, they said she's a netherland dwarf but she doesn't really look like how they do (really round head) other than her size. Also, if someone could tell me what colouring she has that would be great too! When we first got her she looked like this

Now she's about 4mo and her colouring has darkened quite a bit:

Im not really sure about sunnys breed. . His color looks to be orange/red

Whisper could very well be a netherland dwarf (pet dwarfs dont always have the stocky body and fat head that show dwarfs do and they can easily have longer ears). Her body color is a sable point and that white stripe down her head looks to make her a Vienna Marked baby. How much does she weigh now?

woahlookitsme wrote:

Whisper could very well be a netherland dwarf (pet dwarfs dont always have the stocky body and fat head that show dwarfs do and they can easily have longer ears). Her body color is a sable point and that white stripe down her head looks to make her a Vienna Marked baby. How much does she weigh now?

Thanks for the reply! I guess most of the pictures of netherland dwarves are show ones then haha. I thought she was a sable point but that stripe on her nose threw me off. She weighs 1.5 lbs now, does that seem okay?

My dog Cookie has 1 blue eye and 1 brown eye. Her blue eye looks red a lot of the time. You all have some very nice looking pet rabbits.

What kind of dog is Cookie? (Sorry, I LOVE dogs and whenever i meet one, I always annoy people and ask what kind of dog it is!! :) )

Latest posts

Back