Brandy's Nut House

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nela wrote:
I actually love winter. Lol. I miss my snow terribly. I'm sorry you guys feel so run down. :) I am too this week but it's more to do with health really. Winter really doesn't bother me nearly as much as the heat. Luckily, here in Holland, it's not nearly as hot as it was in Montreal. Phew! Brandy, those pictures made me miss Canada. Gosh I would love to be there right now. I'd so love to play with the snow with the kids and dogs. *Sigh* So jealous... :p
I love it as well! This weather perks me up!

Brandy what a great blog.

You have two Beautiful Bunnies and very good looking doggies. Your yard is great.

You really do take great pictures.

I look forward to more stories & pictures of the babiesw.

Susan:)

Hey guys...I am still here!

I'll update tomorrow as I need to leave for work in a few mins but Snickers is DRIVING ME CRAZY!!

He actually went after my face today, I don't know what to do about his grouchiness anymore!!!

Brandy-when did his bratty behaviour start? My bunnies seem hyper since I switched foods..I'm wondering food allergies or something.. do they exist in rabbits?

There is still an unneutered male in the house no? Isn't it possible that he is being aggressive and territorial because of Pickles' presence? I guess you'll need to be careful and try to avoid handlind Pickles before handling Snickers. Snickers has also been neutered rather recently too no? Maybe he's just gotten a bit distrustful?

Just throwing ideas around in case something clicks. :)

Ps: I've gotten really hyper bunnies when I switched food too. I figured it just made them super happy. LOL :pI never really thought it could be due to something else.

Hmmm... is this the first time he did like this ? Snickers seems to be a very sweet boy, always and always... They both neutered already,right ? How long Snickers had his operation ? Some say it takes couple weeks or up to few months for bunny's hormone to cool down. I found Kimiko still " in love " with my hubby and territorial behaviour for 1-2 months,then it slowly stopped. Maybe it's just hormone which still runs in his body ?

Snickers was done Dec 3rd and Pickles the 17th.
He's ALWAYS been growly and VERY VERY cage aggressive but was always fine when he's been out and about except when he is on his favorite piece of carpet, then he growls, grunts and chases everybody/thing away from it.

He's so bad now that when I'm changing his water bottle from the OUTSIDE of his cage he is growling and charging the cage bars. When I go to get him out of the cage now he growls, when I try to open his cage doors he growls. All that I could handle but now he's being aggressive outside of his cage.

He cmoes right over for snuggles and lovings but you never know when he's going to change moods. I was laying on the floor beside him petting him, he was LOVIN it, then he opened his eyes, seen my face was close and growled and charged..

My kids now want nothing to do with him...I was in the shower last week and Snickers jumped up and bit Tysin (my 5 yr old) twice. He's also been destroying my couch, like ripping it to shreds. This is an easy fix...if he doesn't stop then he will be getting his exercise in the kitchen or in an ex-pen since I am buying a new couch very soon.

When I pick him up he growls, when I clip his nails it's a total nightmare...SCARY to the point he needs them cut now and I'm petrified to do them.

I pin his head, I say NO, I try petting first, I distract him... he doesn't care. *bangs head on wall* I'm just getting so frutstrated with him.

Sounds like the relationship between Muppet and me. She will lay down next to me and let me pet her head/ears forever. But if I try to pick her up, put a hand on her belly, clean her cage, turn her towards where I want her to go, or even attempt to touch a foot, I get attacked. And because I can't touch her, her claws are long and cut very deep. And the bites are even more painful!

I came into work one day with my wrist all bandaged up and some people were jokingly saying to me "Things aren't that bad Suzanne. You don't need to slit your wrists over it!". lol I now have a permanent scar because of that one. Bad bad bunny. But so dang cute and fluffy I just can resist. ;)

And yet, she will let my four year old be all over her. It's like she knows. She will sit there forever for Reese and if she sticks a finger near her mouth, she gets a lick. Muppet has only bit her once, and it was just after we got her andwasn't very hard.

:( Hmm this is strange. Maybe he remembers about operation and now he's afraid that you will take him there again ? I hope it is just his hormone which swinging right now and it will cool down soon. Kimi totally hates trimming nails, handling and cleaning scent glands. So I know how you feel, but fortunately ( I guess ) we get used to this ' cause Kim is always like this. I hope Snickers will be back to himself very soon. :) Best wishes !
Poor Tysin. Did the biting leave any wounds ? :( I hope not. Anyway, regards for all ! :)
Hugs

Momto3boys wrote:
I gave Snickers a new box this morning and I think he likes it :heartbeat:
012-3.jpg
What an adorable pic! He's so innocent looking, hard to b/l he can be scary!

Goodness that would be so frightning to have a rabbit attack like that. They look so innocent it's hard to believe how naughty they can be. Hopefully it is just the hormones and it will settle out. I think I got lucky getting a submissive bun when I didn't know what I was looking for. Best of luck!

hey woman how are you?..i havent been on much lately either...i was catching up with ur blog and saw ur having probs with Snickers..that sucks!..keep in mind that uve had him the majority of his short life so u KNOW most of his history..so there is no hidden abuse reasoning for this behaviour...AND buns just dont get mean for no reason...theres something goin on thats bugging him ..u gotta sit back and pay attention and ull figure it out....im gonna suggest a few things that make a bun get mean ,sometimes its the kids ,they never mean any harm to them ,they just dont get that when moms not around that poking fingers in the cage or teasing bunnies is wrong ,kids will be kids..and when kids do it to cats or dogs its not as traumatizing as it is to a rabbit.now dont get me wrong im not saying ur kids are doin this:) .im just tellin u what others have figured out with mean bunnies....also can Pickles get to Snickers cage when snickers is in it?..that would pissoff a bun real bad if another male bun was circling his area all the time....another thing is wash ur hands when u handle him ,he obviously hates Pickles so he doesnt want anything to do with his smell..
my doodle charged me in their play area and slammed so hard into my face with his face !he head butted me!! it scared the living poop outta me!!.i found out it was cuz of the way i was sitting ,everytime i sit on my knees and put my face really low to the ground it scares him and he charges!..took me awhile to figure that one out..i guess he thinks im a danger to him hunched over like that...my point is u have had him long enough to realize that its something that is going on in ur house thats making him very insecure...those grunts and aggressive behaviour seems mean but hes scared and hes a little bunny and thats the only way he knows how to protect himself...i know ur excellent with animals so ull figure out whats goin on with him..it just might take some time...but as much as hes scaring u ..isolating him will make it worse.put some oven mitts on or gloves and work with him all the time.,.this is fixable but only if u start working with him right away ..if not it will get worse...it wont fix itself.
my Petunia grunts all the time also but shes just likes to talk!.
id take his carpet away from him for now too.i dont like when animals are protective over items like that..i had to work with my pitbull with her toys and food...if i wanna grab what they got .im gonna freakin grab it ya know?..!!alot of times its the hesitation that u have when u want to grab something of theirs..i just go and get it ..lightly push his head to the ground and take it away from him...that shows ur in charge...not him...my tator tot tried to be in charge around here too .hes such a freakin cutie..,he would push back up on my hand when i pushed his little head down..and wed be having this pushing match goin on,,hehe..which can look quite silly with a wabbit...they are super strong tho when they wanna be.:)im not trying to tell u what to do with ur critters Brandy im just trying to offer a few suggestions so u all can live in harmony.:).its all trial and error for everybody with animals..ive read up on so much of this stuff cuz i was rescueing so many bunnies , i had dif personalities coming thru my door.but i didnt know their past history ..u know Snickers so u got a jump start on this already..:)..ul figure it out..if not ill take that little beast of urs!!!!!!!.:)hugs my friend
bigarmhug.gif

Nope I can 100% guarantee my kids aren't doing anything to him.

He has certain areas that he's protective over, I know what I can do and what I can't do to tick him off...For instance for me to feed him I have to pet him and distract him with one hand and pour the food in with the other, as soon as he hears the food hit the bowl he runs over and attacks the bowl...but atleast it's not my hand. After about 2 seconds he's back to normal.

I now let him get out of his cage by himself AND I can pick him up and carry him from anywheres in the house BUT the couch. If he's on the couch and I pick him up then he goes into attack mode, anywhere's else and he's FINE.

I'm not going to get rid of him...he's still sweet as can be and loves attention and snuggles.

:hearts:hearts:hearts:hearts:hearts:hearts:hearts:hearts:hearts:hearts
Lots of love for you and your family,
Happy Valentine's day, Brandy !
From Kimiko's family :)

Brandy, my sweet friend... Where are you hiding? I am concerned... Sending you many hugs and lots of love. Get back to us when you can. :big kiss:

I'm still kicking....

What a winter, it has definately knocked me on my butt!!! After being sick since December I decided to finally go to the doctor since it hurt to breathe, I now have puffers and an antibiotic so hopefully I start to feel better soon.

I've had everything this winter, pink eye, cold, wisdom tooh infection, back to a cold, then the flu, then another cold (still have it) and I even got a rash all over my head.

It hurts to breathe, I can't stop coughing and itching and at one point I prayed for death because I was just that miserable. I can't wait for Spring, hopefully when Winter leaves it takes all these yucky germs with it.

Back