Bramble's Pregnancy's Closer!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't hold the bunnies yet. You should wait until they have fur and open their eyes.

Paiten

herobunnylover wrote:
I wouldn't hold the bunnies yet. You should wait until they have fur and open their eyes.

Paiten
It's actually a good idea to handle the kits when they're that young ifthe doe knows you and is comfortable with your sent on the kits, ithelps get the kits used to human smell and you can check on them forany abnormalities and to see that they are well-fed and have over-allgood health...

I literally stood, leaning into Bramble's cage for an hour today! Shehopped in the nest box and i got to see her feed them for the firsttime! Those babies squirmed as fast as they could over to her!

When she was done and hopped out i took two of them and their stomachswere HUGE!!! I really doubt if i could even sell ONE of these kits,they're too much of my babies....

Ellie & the Buns

You are so lucky. You take the cutestpictures of them. I am so scared I'd be like you're feeling..I can'tsell these babies uh uh. Do you have to? I'm not trying to causetrouble just wondering?

Tina

dajeti2 wrote:
You are so lucky. You take the cutest pictures of them.I am so scared I'd be like you're feeling..I can't sell these babies uhuh. Do you have to? I'm not trying to cause trouble justwondering?

Tina
Unless i can prove to the parents that me having these bunnies is alife or death situation (which it is, DUH! lol) and that they won't eatmuch feed if we give them as much timothy hay as they wish...if thatfails...then yes, two **sniff, sniff** have to go.......i REALLY hope ican convince them otherwise...lets hope i can!

Ellie

Hi, I love those pictures!! Especially of the onewhere they are laying the the grass... How old are they now? I know itis a little early but do you know if you will keep Bramble Jr.? I hopeeverything is going well. What should you do if the mom does not wantyou to touch the babies?

bunnylover78642 wrote:
I know it is a little early but do you know if youwill keep Bramble Jr.?
What shouldyou do if the mom does not want you to touch the babies?
Generally if the momma doesn't want you to touch them you handle themonce a day for a short amount of timeuntil the mom is okaywith you handling them or until they're of weaning age...

I've already got two hutches that i'm looking into buying for the fivenew buns....hopefully i can keep them all, if not, i'll probably sellone of the lilacs and one of the REWs...idk, it all depends on who ihave that "special bond" with....i'm already favoring that Lil' Brambleheavily....very heavily actually....

The kits have moved to the front of the nest box, i've heard that thisis because they're too warm in the back of the nest box? Correct???

They're so adorable, since they're in the front now, i can just standand watch them squirm over each other for hours! it's amazing!

~Ellie~Bramble~Briar~the~Kits

I am so glad your kits are doing great!My kits are sooo old *almost 3 weeks* :( they really grow up fast!!!Just this morning one of the kits was on the couch with me and he wasrunning back and fourth over the entire couch, he was sooo happy hekept doing mini binkies, he is soo fast! It is so cool to watch themgrow up :D

~Amy

I love the picture of Bramble, how cute.Briar is just such a cutie. I hope your parents let you keep them all.I really wish we lived closer because I would take one or twoin a heartbeat. They are all so sweet looking. Kiss all the noses forme ok.

Tina

The kits are much, much larger, with TONS morefur, they're so cute and adorable, i can't help but stand out there dayafter day.......i know it's been asked a ton, but what's a good planfor feeding, like oats and pellets and such???

Ellie & the Buns

awww, they are so adorable - cant wait to seemore pics!:)One of mine has gone now and another is goingtomorrow:(! But i can see them whenever i want which makes everythingbetter! Glad they're doing well

Leanne:D

Wow, Ellie, you must be pyshic lol. I wasjust going to ask you how the adorable babies are doing and ask formore pictures.

They look incredible. What are you feeding them? They are getting so big so fast. How do you get anything done?

Briar still being a love bug? Bramble is such a great littleMom. Kiss all the bunnies for me. Oh and Jer said he's bunny nappingthe little white one lol.

Tina

Oh, they are so cute!! I love Lilac... How do youknow that REW is not going to be a BEW? Just wondering... because ofparents or something? So how are they? How old are they?

bunnylover- you can see the explanation that Sunnie gave to me

The kits are doing great the are a week and one day old, they've gotthe LARGEST tummies. They're diffenitly not weaned at that age, lmbo.They're still on mommy's milk. They've got TONS more hair and are doinggreat! It was washed out in the picture but the two lilacs have THEmost Beautiful coloring i've ever seen.

Briar's doing great, he was mad at me for a little while because imoved him back up into the cage, he was annoying Brambie so much that iput up boards so he couldn't see her. Still a big SweetHeart though.

Ellie:D

Back