Bored rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyparent22806

Reaction score
My rabbit seems bored she has some stuffed animals some balls and some bell toys in her cage as well as her food and she has a confirmed blanket and I am gone sometimes and she seems bored what should I do

Those are great toys for predators like cats and dogs. Rabbits don't play that way. Some might toss something around to redecorate, or try to see another rabbit in a plush toy, but they don't practice mock hunting like other pets, it's quite easy to sneak up on a leaf of grass.

Rabbits like chewing (get some tree branches, like willow, apple, ash....), some like ripping cardboard boxes apart, or explore them when you cut holes in them (more than one), and eating of course, stuffing cardboard rolls with extra good hay is a popular rabbit toy.
Others like to dig (some offer their bunnies closed digging boxes with entrance tunnels), at least at times, and so on.
Do a search for "rabbit toys", there should be quite a lot of experience here.

And quite a lot of their activity is related to their social interactions, even if it isn't obvious at first glance, there's a difference if one bunny sits on the lawn munching grass, or two of them. Well, just as example, not only on the lawn, but meadow, in the wood, on the sidewalk... - when my two younger girls are together they frequently get out of the fence and go places where they wouldn't go alone. But I reckon a second bunny isn't an option for everyone.

My rabbit seems bored she has some stuffed animals some balls and some bell toys in her cage as well as her food and she has a confirmed blanket and I am gone sometimes and she seems bored what should I do

Can you post a photo of her current setup? We might be able to offer other suggestions then.

My rabbit can chew and eat up toliet roll cardboard tubes and cardboard boxes, chew sticks and treat bars for hours and hours before he goes to sleep and wakes up to chew again! Endless hours of entertainment apparently also if he’s looking bored play with him! Keeping buns company by simply lying on the floor and letting them run, stiff and jump on and around you makes their day:)

Back