Bonding Storm and Jessi/Resolved-Bonded

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok So I am so excited we defiantly have grooming. Jessi is grooming the mess out of Storm.

Now I am uploading some picture. First let me say for the first time in 15 months Storm came up to me and let me pet him for like 20 minutes. I am telling you this bonding thing is great. Storm seems so happy as does Jessi. Jessi has totally forgiven me for her spay she is such a sweetie.

I sat in there pin and loved on them and they loved on each other the best night in my bunny owning life. Don't get me wrong Chevy was a great bun and I loved him but he was always sweet. Me and dodge really did not get along. But he found a great life with Zin. But boy when a bun you have had for 15 months with little to no love let you do what Storm just let me do and jumped in my lap. I am almost crying writing this.

Ok so they have been hanging out in the box all day. Even hubby sat in there pin with me for like five minutes they where all over both of us. They are so sweet.

Ok I can go on and on here are the pictures. Now please mind my feet and I am petting them in most of these so my hand is in the picture.

Its a slide show click the link

The first few ones are of Jessi grooming Storm

I guess I should ad I was fine with Storm the way he was. I knew he loved me and was just really scared to show it.

But when I realized he was skinny, I realized how much I really love him. Yes I am a over worrier yes I can be a pain sometimes. But boy do I love that little grey bun a lot and Jessi but Me and Storm have come a long way. From that little scared bun at the shelter. To to be honest right up there with Phoenix. I know parent are not supposed to play favorites I do. Phoenix has a history all her own. Another day another thread. But I love my little grey baby more then ever now. He is definitely my heart bun.

Awwww, Kat....I am soooo happy for you guys :)! In a way, this bonding was kind of like Molly and Morgan's. I do have to say that I am jealous that there is a lot of grooming going on - Morgan grooms Molly any chance he gets and she has yet to groom him (that I have seen). I'm hoping Morgan will be okay with her not wanting to groom him (for now, I hope).

Its also awesome how much more friendly your two are being...as mine are being the same way! Molly has really changed in personality, for the better. I do notice Morgan has been a tad more reserved, but he's got his woman now - I know he's still in love with me too :rofl:.

Amy I wanted to tell you watch them on that fibre 3. Storm was loosing mass big time.

Its a known fact with fibre 3 between breeders. I put mine back on Zupreem luckily I can afford it finding a cheap hay source.

You may want to look into the green bag. Just givin you a heads up.

Yay! I am so glad that bonding brought out Storm's affectionate side with you. Maybe having a friend makes him less nervous around people and more able to relax.

Weird...why would Fibre3 cause that? Right now its just Jenson who's on Purina brand (green bag, I think). I was planning on switching him to Fibre3 this weekend, but I probably won't now. My other buns are on Oxbow BBT mixed with 15/23. Is Zupreem timothy or alfalfa based?

undergunfire wrote:
Weird...why would Fibre3 cause that? Right now its just Jenson who's on Purina brand (green bag, I think). I was planning on switching him to Fibre3 this weekend, but I probably won't now. My other buns are on Oxbow BBT mixed with 15/23. Is Zupreem timothy or alfalfa based?

I dont know when I found out I called everyone freaking. Peg calmed me down first then we talked and a lot of breeders where complaining of boney tips there pins I mean and boney back witch Storm had now back on Zupreem he is already putting weight back on like normal.

Same amount of feed to. I would just watch them if you decide to use it. Storm feels better already Peg said give it about 2 weeks before I really see if it is something else. Like medical but he is already spreading out again.

Well, thank you... I think I will just stick with the green bag then for Jenson. I am going to keep my bunnies on Oxbow for now because when we move to PA in 2 years I want to try out Sweet Meadows since it will be cheap ($40 for 50lbs). I wish I could order SM now, but it would cost me $70 for 50lbs because shipping is $50!!

undergunfire wrote:
You can always go in the rabbitry and ask breeders about their experience w/ Fibre 3.

I don't know much about it - just that it was pretty good at first - then they reformulated it and rabbits started losing condition.

My flemish are on Purina gray bag (with one on Purina blue bag cause she doesn't like the gray) - my hollands are on Purina blue bag and my lionheads, etc are on a local feed with some Purina green mixed in.

Yeah - feeding time is "interesting".

It looks like we are at the same point this morning the are hanging out in the box together. Eating together everything but I have not seen them flop out right by each other yet.

Jessi had a fit in her cage last night as did Storm I think I am going to have to move them in one cage sooner rather then later they want to be together.

But I am afraid they are going to fight we will see what today brings. If they flop together today I may let them. Oh the nipping has stopped completely.

5d185b48.jpg

Bonding AM picture day five

I personally think that at this point...you could try putting them in the cage together for a little while and if they do fine, then try it over night.

undergunfire wrote:
I personally think that at this point...you could try putting them in the cage together for a little while and if they do fine, then try it over night.

Yeah Ali told me to wait tell they flop together. Well guess what they are flopped together I am going to try and get a picture. I am so excited.

Does this make them bonded? If they do well over night?

If they have been together like this for what, 5 days? Then I'd say they are doing extremely well and are bonded. Molly and Morgan were bonded the second she escaped from her pen, LOL. You just have to take the next step and let them spend the night together in their cage.

OK

I am so excited this is why

21c0c230.jpg

69c95970.jpg

I think I will be sleeping on the couch tonight.

Two more LOL

7c50ad53.jpg

5e920e68.jpg

I am in the process of cleaning there pin now LOL poop wars big time

I would just caution you against thinking that they're bonded already. I've been sleeping on the couch since Monday night but my two aren't quite bonded yet as they're having some humping behavior at 6am and once in the evening. I would keep them closely together for a week and keep a very close eye on them because you never know what might set off some nipping or chasing again. Early bonds are still a bit unstable.

Latest posts

Back