Bonding Storm and Jessi/Resolved-Bonded

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so their was not as much nipping this morning their has been none so far. They both got really excited over food and where jumping all over each other and got the food everywhere. Storm seem more interested oh I left them over night just because I could not bend down and put them up cause Phoenix messed up my ribs.

But I think it helped them. I just saw that Jessi tore up my fake fire place with her teeth. Dang I have to buy paint to fix that.

But they are doing good. A lot better then yesterday.

So they ate breakfast together I am going to have to separate them some how to eat.

They have two bowls but they have to be eating out of the same bowl. I am giving each bowl a 1/4 cup Storm only gets a 1/8 but I want to make sure they both get enough and one is not starving.

They are doing better and better they have been together now during the day for almost a week. Well today is monday so a week and last night they did great together. No hair or fighting. So i think we are doing great.

They are going to have to be caged tonight cause I think Jessi is tearing up my wall.

I honestly think you could move on to the cementing phase where you put them in a neutral pen together, full time, no time out of the pen, for a week. They're doing so well!

elrohwen wrote:
I honestly think you could move on to the cementing phase where you put them in a neutral pen together, full time, no time out of the pen, for a week. They're doing so well!

Well they can only hang out in there pin my apartment is to small to move them anywhere else. I did put cardboard over the wall we will see how that goes tonight.

They will stay out in the pin together tonight again.

So here is hoping it keep going well sorry I will try to get a picture before I go to bed tonight.

Aww, they're so cute! Have you separated them at all over the past day?

I'm also on the final phase of bonding and have been told to keep them in their pen, so time out for exercise for a week to really cement the bond.

Do your two snuggle or groom yet? Mine snuggle a bit, but don't really groom yet, so I'm hoping by just forcing them to be together they'll fall in love ;-)

elrohwen wrote:
Aww, they're so cute! Have you separated them at all over the past day?

I'm also on the final phase of bonding and have been told to keep them in their pen, so time out for exercise for a week to really cement the bond.

Do your two snuggle or groom yet? Mine snuggle a bit, but don't really groom yet, so I'm hoping by just forcing them to be together they'll fall in love ;-)

No I dont have room to have them separated. In the past 24 hours no not at all Phoenix bruised my ribs really bad last night. So I could not bend over to put them in their cages. Hubby had already gone to bed.

They dont snuggle they kinda ignore each other. But they dont fight either they can eat side by side play side by side but they are coming together more today.

Jessi does pancake for Storm all the time

That's awesome then. I think if you just keep them in the same space like that they should be really "bonded" in a week or so.

Mine are similar - they mostly ignore each other and go about their lives, but are more likely to lay next to one another than across the pen, for example. Love will come in time :)

For example of above post.

I took a picture of them just now. Now the pooh I clean there pen every morning. They are both marking it up everyday so don't anyone think I abuse them or not keep their area clean.

8f88c199.jpg

5009d729.jpg

And even now five minute after taking the picture they are still like that.

slide show click picture

Ok so there doing great this morning. No nipping yet. I say yet cause there was a little yesterday. But other then that things are great they are eating together and hanging out playing together no cuddling yet but I think we are good in the fact of that. I think they will in time. so other then that things are good. I hope it keeps working out.

There has been no nipping today. I have put it to the test a couple of times. With treats well I did what I normally do they are so much better today.

Against advice and my walls I am going to leave them out tonight I put up cardboard everywhere. To help protect my wall. But I am afraid to separate them. Because they are doing so good. So i hope I don't wake up with a hole in my wall leading to the outside.

Well they have been hanging out in the box together all evening.

They have officially groom each other. Hubby just saw Jessi grooming Storm. I think we are going good.

Latest posts

Back